Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Years ago I did a triathlon training camp in Majorca and I have to say it was great. (I was a runner not a cyclist and I have to say some of the hills put manners in me and I didn't even do the big ones).

bennydorano

Eddie Dunbar does the business in la vuelta today! A heartfelt interview there as well

https://youtu.be/0tKwUM7ADHQ?si=a9Z2cYnOVfn8eKQh

grounded

Outstanding by Eddie. Over the moon for him.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: JimStynes on August 28, 2024, 03:26:36 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 28, 2024, 01:42:41 PMWas on holidays in Lanzarote a while back there and did a bit of cycling, we stayed in Costa Teguise which is perhaps a bit more exposed than other places but the wind was absolutely horrendous (& I was going out at 7.30am to avoid the worst of it), how anyone can be bothered with that is beyond me, altho the bike shop did say the winds are much worse in high summer. A very distant 3rd in my Canary Islands cycling experience.

Where is your favourite? France surely the best country for the iconic climbs?
Yes. Pyrennes over the Alps if you ask me. Quieter roads, cheaper and easier access.
Fly into Lourdes, cheap accommodation once it's not pilgrimage season and bike hire.
So many climbs close by, and others within 2 hrs spin
Use train to relocate west or east if you want another base for climbing or fly into Toulouse and train south