Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 22, 2017, 10:00:04 AM
Quote from: Boycey on September 22, 2017, 09:45:02 AM
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/andy-mitten-manchester-united-must-13657766

You know things are going well at United when the only thing ye are moaning about is the stadium!

Mah stay where you at I'm sure someone will be on to moan shortly, its a prevailing mood on here this long time ;)

From my perspective the war is over, the Glazers have won (by sheer luck mostly),the debt is manageable, the money is flowing in sackloads so lets get the stadium sorted....

GJL

Not pretty but really dug in for the 3 points. Great start to the season.

Cunny Funt

The worst Man United have played this season so far but still managed to win and keep a clean sheet.

stew

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 21, 2017, 02:41:19 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 21, 2017, 11:57:04 AM
Quote from: stew on September 21, 2017, 11:06:25 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 21, 2017, 10:13:56 AM
Quote from: Boycey on September 20, 2017, 09:07:46 PM
Good to see Shaw getting some minutes..

I just hope he responds to the criticism in the same way Martial & Mkhitaryan did. I just hope he stays fit, probably won't get another game until Swansea in the next round. It would be a huge bonus to get him back to where he was at the beginning of 15/16 season.

He will never be back to what he was, the injury was terrible and he seems to be a bit off in terms of his commitment in the tackle, not surprising given his injury.

Think there is only one way to get him back there is get him in the team and play him into form, the more games he gets the more comfortable he will become and hopefully the form will follow.

Lindelof is looking to be a slow starter, hopefully JM can work with him in the same sort of fashion he did with Rojo, at least he started to look like a player last season until his unfortunate injury.

Its hard to say the broken leg is affecting him when he doesn't stay fit.

Plenty wrote Vidic off when he first arrived, Jose has a great record with centre half's so I'll give him plenty of time. I hope Fosu-Mensah gets plenty of game time for Palace as he has great potential, the same goes for Pereira at Valencia. Both have the ability to be top class players.

Fosu Mensah is a tremendous prospect, well played.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

Again no comments on the manager getting sent off. You'd think at this stage in his career he's know what those white lines painted on the grass mean. Suppose if they keep winning no one cares.

Pretty solid performance but you'd have to wonder why a team with so many tall players always looks vulnerable in the air. That said, up the other end, United look threatening any time decent balls are played into the opponents box.

nrico2006

Bit of a joke Mourinho getting sent off, especially when you look at the antics of Klopp and Conte at the side of the pitch.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

magpie seanie

He came onto the pitch more than once. He can have no complaints. I've no interest in the carry on of managers of other teams. I don't believe they get preferential treatment but if they do it's probably because they haven't brought themselves to the attention of the authorities every second week or so like Mourinho.

Boycey

Good to see the FA taking a sensible option and not sanctioning Jose for the heinous crime of stepping over the touch line, you know when the red tops can't even be arsed getting outraged over it that it was a nothing incident...

Hard to know where United are, the bare stats look impressive 16 points out of 18, big goal difference, conceding little but something is still nagging at me that they're still a bit away yet. Mata and Mkhatryan really don't belong together in fixtures like that away from home.

A lot of talk on Ozil over the last few days, would be a head scratcher for me but seems to have fitted in well with Jose before.

nrico2006

The apprehension I have is due to playing nobody of note yet.  Additionally, talk of surgery for Pogba is worrying.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 25, 2017, 03:27:58 PM
The apprehension I have is due to playing nobody of note yet.  Additionally, talk of surgery for Pogba is worrying.

Yes this is the major concern.. all well and good and beating teams that aren't in the top 6... it's the big games that decide how your season goes, but Utd were struggling against those teams last year, but have won comfortable enough thus time round!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2017, 06:10:06 PM

Yes this is the major concern.. all well and good and beating teams that aren't in the top 6... it's the big games that decide how your season goes, but Utd were struggling against those teams last year, but have won comfortable enough thus time round!

The apprehension for me is that City look very good and will be difficult to keep up with.

Cunny Funt

How consistent you are and how well or poorly you defend normally decides how your season goes.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 25, 2017, 06:29:16 PM

How consistent you are and how well or poorly you defend normally decides how your season goes.

Taking points off Spurs City Liverpool Chelsea will decide the season, or how you defend against these teams... whatever spin is used, but mentally going into those games with confidence (unlike last season) and winning will certainly boost Utds chances of coming out on top..

Other teams have no problem with the big teams and play well above their normal form and lose against mid to lower league teams!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maroon Manc

City look good but they looked like they'd walk the league this time last year so it can change, Palace had some great chances before City scored and City were lucky to come away with the points from the Bournemouth game.

We didn't play too well on Saturday especially in the 2nd half but we still managed to create the best 2 chances of the 2nd half. Left back still concerns me but was pleased to see Young play there against Soton, a least he's an attacking threat.

Like a few others have said I'm not sure he's found the right balance in away games, I think Mata and Mkhi can work but not when Fellaini plays, Herrera should be Pogba's replacement.

nrico2006

My counter argument in my mind to my current worry is what MR2 said regarding Utd struggling against the weaker teams last season and in prior ones, whereas now we are winning these games.

As for City, they have started well but did the same last season - was it not 9 or 10 wins in a row or something last year?  They always start good too, dunno if the weekend result changed things but before the weekend City have had their worst league start in 3 years.