Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

The Manchesters are going to be hard to separate.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on September 17, 2017, 08:05:39 PM

Did City not start like this last year?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 17, 2017, 08:13:53 PM

They did but they have a much better defence this season. I expect them to remain in the battle to the end.

Boycey

Lucky enough to be in Croker today so just catching up with Utd tonight. Glad to see Rooney getting a well deserved ovation, I believe Utd didn't play that well and scored 4 for the 3rd time this season so you have to be happy with that  :)

maldini

So did United

under the bar

Quote from: Boycey on September 17, 2017, 11:13:24 PM
Lucky enough to be in Croker today so just catching up with Utd tonight. Glad to see Rooney getting a well deserved ovation, I believe Utd didn't play that well and scored 4 for the 3rd time this season so you have to be happy with that  :)

If Rooney wasn't for the big house this morning I'd have expected us to be 2-1 down going into the last 10 mins!

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: maldini on September 17, 2017, 11:23:59 PM

So did United
United had 2 defeats by this stage last year.

Boycey

Good to see Shaw getting some minutes..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on September 20, 2017, 09:07:46 PM

Hopefully got him no more injuries

That's still s strong attacking team out there
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maroon Manc

I just hope he responds to the criticism in the same way Martial & Mkhitaryan did. I just hope he stays fit, probably won't get another game until Swansea in the next round. It would be a huge bonus to get him back to where he was at the beginning of 15/16 season.

stew

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 21, 2017, 10:13:56 AM

I just hope he responds to the criticism in the same way Martial & Mkhitaryan did. I just hope he stays fit, probably won't get another game until Swansea in the next round. It would be a huge bonus to get him back to where he was at the beginning of 15/16 season.

He will never be back to what he was, the injury was terrible and he seems to be a bit off in terms of his commitment in the tackle, not surprising given his injury.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

NAG1

Quote from: stew on September 21, 2017, 11:06:25 AM

He will never be back to what he was, the injury was terrible and he seems to be a bit off in terms of his commitment in the tackle, not surprising given his injury.

Think there is only one way to get him back there is get him in the team and play him into form, the more games he gets the more comfortable he will become and hopefully the form will follow.

Lindelof is looking to be a slow starter, hopefully JM can work with him in the same sort of fashion he did with Rojo, at least he started to look like a player last season until his unfortunate injury.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on September 21, 2017, 11:57:04 AM
Quote from: stew on September 21, 2017, 11:06:25 AM

Think there is only one way to get him back there is get him in the team and play him into form, the more games he gets the more comfortable he will become and hopefully the form will follow.

Lindelof is looking to be a slow starter, hopefully JM can work with him in the same sort of fashion he did with Rojo, at least he started to look like a player last season until his unfortunate injury.

Its hard to say the broken leg is affecting him when he doesn't stay fit.

Plenty wrote Vidic off when he first arrived, Jose has a great record with centre half's so I'll give him plenty of time. I hope Fosu-Mensah gets plenty of game time for Palace as he has great potential, the same goes for Pereira at Valencia. Both have the ability to be top class players.

AZOffaly