Author Topic: Brexit.  (Read 150643 times)

armaghniac

• View Profile
Re: Brexit.
« Reply #2850 on: July 28, 2017, 03:28:01 PM »
Jesus!!! I'll be retired before it's sorted, (if it ever is) hopefully in a small apartment in France or Spain

Change your sterling now, while it is still worth something.

DUP'ers not going for the sea border as advocated by Leo and any right thinking person as it's differentiating Unionists from fellow UK citizens.

Leo of course did not advocate a sea border, he would be perfectly happy if nothing changed.

How far will Teresa May go to support them on this one?

Well she has to produce a plan as to how it all going to work otherwise, and soon. Both she and the DUP are saying that there isn't a problem, then let them produce their plan and show that there isn't a problem.

Why doesn't she put Theresa Villiers in charge of the plan? She assured us all that there wasn't a problem.

Leo here, if you want a change do it yourselves
http://www.independent.ie/business/brexit/we-wont-help-the-uk-come-up-with-border-solution-leo-varadkar-35977592.html
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 03:41:50 PM by armaghniac »
if at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

johnneycool

• who loves ya baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: July 28, 2017, 03:41:09 PM »
Jesus!!! I'll be retired before it's sorted, (if it ever is) hopefully in a small apartment in France or Spain

DUP'ers not going for the sea border as advocated by Leo and any right thinking person as it's differentiating Unionists from fellow UK citizens.

Leo of course did not advocate a sea border, he would be perfectly happy if nothing changed.

Well she has to produce a plan as to how it all going to work otherwise, and soon. Both she and the DUP are saying that there isn't a problem, then let them produce their plan and show that there isn't a problem.

Why doesn't she put Theresa Villiers in charge of the plan? She assured us all that there wasn't a problem.

It seems the Telegraph have misunderstood him as the Independent.ie report as you say.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/28/dublin-pushes-irish-sea-new-border-uk-brexit/

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: July 28, 2017, 03:54:39 PM »

http://www.independent.ie/business/brexit/we-wont-help-the-uk-come-up-with-border-solution-leo-varadkar-35977592.html

When do you think it will happen ?? Why are southerners more interested about brexit?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: July 28, 2017, 04:00:10 PM »

When do you think it will happen ?? Why are southerners more interested about brexit?
Because the education system is better and because the England/Ireland relationship is being turned upside down as a result of mass insanity thall I Sasana

E
"you can try and intimidate us, but f**k youse, we're going to win an All-Ireland anyway"

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: July 28, 2017, 04:03:03 PM »

Because the education system is better and because the England/Ireland relationship is being turned upside down as a result of mass insanity thall I Sasana

E

Eh??
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #2855 on: July 28, 2017, 06:32:32 PM »
Because the Brits are our biggest trading partners.
Because they are in charge of a corner of our Country which they will again cut off from the rest of it.
2016 - Hurling League Champions, Football League Semi finalists

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: July 28, 2017, 06:38:09 PM »
Because the Brits are our biggest trading partners.
Because they are in charge of a corner of our Country which they will again cut off from the rest of it.

Sure ya haven't bothered with this area before and the sounthern economy is the best in Europe according to the wise ones here, so it shouldn't matter...

France not that far away, trading should increase if the likes of the European mainland countries can't trade with Britain?

mouview

• View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: July 28, 2017, 11:23:39 PM »

Because anything that creates disunity rather than unity is bad, on every conceivable level.
"Bad all round" as Bogart said in The Maltese Falcon.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: August 03, 2017, 11:09:24 AM »
Something to put Brexit into perspective :

https://www.ft.com/content/098ada7e-7771-11e7-90c0-90a9d1bc9691

of quantitative easing and non-UK issuers taking advantage of exchange rates raised investment-grade bond issuance to 18.5bn in the first half of the year. The total remains smaller than the US ($363bn) and Europe (166bn)
"you can try and intimidate us, but f**k youse, we're going to win an All-Ireland anyway"

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: August 03, 2017, 03:36:48 PM »
Rate looking to dip below 1.10 shortly . . . Good news for everyone!!!

Oh wait  >:(

Franko

• View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: August 03, 2017, 05:18:06 PM »

Ahhhh... but.....

How much is a bottle of Pinot Grigio?

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: August 03, 2017, 05:31:20 PM »
I wouldn't mind if it stayed well below 1.10 for my trip to Twickenham for the Cardinals game. Or should I buy sterling now?

Denn Forever

• Any means neccessary
    • View Profile
    • Malcolm x
« Reply #2862 on: August 03, 2017, 06:04:13 PM »
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: August 03, 2017, 06:14:44 PM »
Barclays group return on tangible equity is a barometer of the strength of the UK economy. Latest reading is minus 4.6%.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: August 03, 2017, 06:57:38 PM »

Ahhhh... but.....

How much is a bottle of Pinot Grigio?

That stuff is piss water!! 4.85 in Tesco, if you prefer that stuff!!

No more holidays this year ! Batten down the hatches beans and toast till retirement!

Any unemployment figures for N.I ? everyone losing their jobs?