Author Topic: Premier League 2017/18  (Read 989 times)

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
Re: Premier League 2017/18
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2017, 05:10:37 PM »
Serious question .

How can any one take the serious anymore , particularly here in Ireland .
Could you clarify the serious question? Why would it not be taken seriously, and why would the Irish see it differently than any other group of people?

Why do Irish people take the EPL so seriously ? It baffles me .  I

I'm the same... have seen grown men start fights over the head of it and best friends fall out over a group of over paid foreign lads who have no allegiance to anyone.

My favourite is when United fans proclaim that I know nothing about football when they just decided one day to support the most successful team in the league and therefore know more than everyone!

It does provide me with endless fun winding the hoors up though... they take it so seriously!!

Proving how little you know with this bit. It's not cool or funny to make stuff up and present it as fact. Though if it amuses you go ahead, I want you to be happy.

You doubt the fact that a number/the majority of United fans have only started supporting them in the last 20 years???

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: Premier League 2017/18
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2017, 05:34:22 PM »
Serious question .

How can any one take the serious anymore , particularly here in Ireland .
Could you clarify the serious question? Why would it not be taken seriously, and why would the Irish see it differently than any other group of people?

Why do Irish people take the EPL so seriously ? It baffles me .  I

I'm the same... have seen grown men start fights over the head of it and best friends fall out over a group of over paid foreign lads who have no allegiance to anyone.

My favourite is when United fans proclaim that I know nothing about football when they just decided one day to support the most successful team in the league and therefore know more than everyone!

It does provide me with endless fun winding the hoors up though... they take it so seriously!!

Proving how little you know with this bit. It's not cool or funny to make stuff up and present it as fact. Though if it amuses you go ahead, I want you to be happy.

You doubt the fact that a number/the majority of United fans have only started supporting them in the last 20 years???

Utd had as big a fan base as let's say Liverpool before Utd won all the EPL's based on a few factors, one being the Busby babes, the titles won during that period and the fact that they were the first English team to win the European cup, add in the big Irish connection with past players were all reasons why Ireland had a big Utd following...

Factor in parents influences on kids picking teams and it's very simple to see why they have a big support... you'll always get bandwagon supporters sure there are loads of Irish Chelsea supporters ! Strange
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)