North Korea Crisis

Started by AbbeySider, May 29, 2009, 02:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Minder on January 03, 2014, 10:12:13 AM
According to reports Kim Jong Un fed his naked uncle to 120 starving dogs in a cage.
By whom exactly?? ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

J OGorman

Quote from: Rossfan on January 03, 2014, 10:37:12 AM
According to reports Kim Jong Un fed his naked uncle to 120 starving dogs in a cage.

no need for the raising of the eyes surely...the man is a complete lunatic. Would it surprise if he has indeed done this?

deiseach

Quote from: J OGorman on January 03, 2014, 10:40:22 AM
no need for the raising of the eyes surely...the man is a complete lunatic. Would it surprise if he has indeed done this?

No, but there seems to be no report from North Korea to verify this happened:

QuoteThe official North Korean account on Dec. 12 did not specify how Jang was put to death.

Why perform such a pointed execution and then tell no-one about it?

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

deiseach

Quote from: Minder on January 03, 2014, 10:52:59 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 03, 2014, 10:37:12 AM

http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/asia-report/china/story/jangs-execution-bodes-ill-china-20131224

China's "official mouthpiece". I wouldn't believe it if it reported that the sun will rise in the east tomorrow.

Tony Baloney

Looks like Minder has an inside line to Pyongyang. Interesting.

Orior

Why has this not been posted yet?

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

LeoMc

"These rumors start with unnamed and unverified sources in the South Korean media and, for the most part, they're not true (and impossible to prove)," Chad O'Carroll of North Korean-watching website NK News told Business Insider. "They usually turn out to be wrong a few months later by which point no one has noticed and everyone has forgotten the story anyway."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/did-kim-jong-un-execute-his-ex-girlfriend-2013-8#ixzz2pKsQHVQV

Independent experts warn that rumours and deliberate misinformation about the regime are rife, partly because it is impossible to verify or disprove most stories about the tightly controlled country's elite.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/23/north-korea-reptile-media-kim-jongun

deiseach

Quote from: LeoMc on January 03, 2014, 11:57:17 AM

"These rumors start with unnamed and unverified sources in the South Korean media and, for the most part, they're not true (and impossible to prove)," Chad O'Carroll of North Korean-watching website NK News told Business Insider. "They usually turn out to be wrong a few months later by which point no one has noticed and everyone has forgotten the story anyway."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/did-kim-jong-un-execute-his-ex-girlfriend-2013-8#ixzz2pKsQHVQV

Independent experts warn that rumours and deliberate misinformation about the regime are rife, partly because it is impossible to verify or disprove most stories about the tightly controlled country's elite.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/23/north-korea-reptile-media-kim-jongun

Useful links, thanks.

southdown

AZOffaly

What's a "war mongler"? I normally take these stories with a pinch of salt unless they come from somewhere like NK News. It suits the western powers to portray leaders like this as complete nut jobs. He may well be, but like deiseach I'd be filing this under dubious. More likely a bullet behind the ear I'd say.

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 03, 2014, 12:49:42 PM
What's a "war mongler"? I normally take these stories with a pinch of salt unless they come from somewhere like NK News. It suits the western powers to portray leaders like this as complete nut jobs. He may well be, but like deiseach I'd be filing this under dubious. More likely a bullet behind the ear I'd say.

To be fair, doing it on the first place makes him a complete nut job before we get to any Quentin Tarintino style kills.

deiseach

Reading the hysterical coverage of this on the Daily Mail, I'm now certain this story is a crock. You can just imagine the mandarin who came up with this having a quiet chuckle. Who can save us from the Pol Pot of Pyongyang? Why, it's those level-headed people in Beijing who just happen to be propping up his regime!

orangeman

They must have been watching the film where the white slave trader feeds the black slave to the hounds and decided it was a good story so put it out there and sure they'll all believe it. Doesn't matter if it's true or not, it's got people talking.

stew

Quote from: Aerlik on June 02, 2009, 07:51:03 AM
::)

Lads, lads, pleeeeeeeez.  Before you all get sucked in by the pro-US propaganda, can I seriously suggest you actually start off by reading about the background to the current situation. 

You will find that Uncle Sam was the main instigator of the actual situation. Period.  I am not, for one minute backing Kim Jong-Il...far from it having known many Koreans during my time in Japan; but you must try to understand the role played by The US and Japan.   Neither of them are by any means the innocent party, in fact they have been very much proven to be the devisive factors post-1966 especially.

And the chances of the north attacking the south of the country (note the all-encompassing language) are very, very, very...(ad infinitum)... slim.

I highly recommend you start off with "Target North Korea" by Aus journalist, Gavan McCormack.

I highly recommend you catch yourself on and instead of batin the US again you actually look at what these cnuts have been doing to their people, starving them to death or near to it to send 99% of the countries wealth to it's military, sending bombs targeting Hawaii every fourth of July and what about the World Cup when the coach was told to use the invisible phone they had developed with their leader on the other end!

Their leader is a madman from a family of madmen, the Chinese are the ones who should rein this cnut in and the US are not going to do much with China sitting there, as for the UN............................... Useless cnuts.

I get the US bashing but for fcuk sake, have some perspective and tell us what you think should be done about this animal and who should interfere and oust him to save his people!!!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.