American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 06, 2018, 11:05:48 AM
Quote from: stew on February 06, 2018, 11:01:21 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on February 05, 2018, 05:47:37 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on February 05, 2018, 09:40:58 AM
How badly ill could Malcolm Butler have been to end up being benched?
I bet Brian Whelahan was in worse shape in 1998.
:)

I see the philly scum are looting, turning over cars and doing what you expect from a gaggle of low lifes! Their team were magnificent and they, some of the fans have to act the hard men and wreck property and behave in anti social behaviour, durt!

I don't understand that. It's happened in other cities too in the past. What's the rationale? We won, so we'll wreck our own city? Ahem, Boston features.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/05/here-are-five-american-cities-which-rioted-after-sporting-success-and-defeat-7289493/

Yanks can't hold their drink  :P

stew

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 06, 2018, 11:05:48 AM
Quote from: stew on February 06, 2018, 11:01:21 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on February 05, 2018, 05:47:37 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on February 05, 2018, 09:40:58 AM
How badly ill could Malcolm Butler have been to end up being benched?
I bet Brian Whelahan was in worse shape in 1998.
:)

I see the philly scum are looting, turning over cars and doing what you expect from a gaggle of low lifes! Their team were magnificent and they, some of the fans have to act the hard men and wreck property and behave in anti social behaviour, durt!

I don't understand that. It's happened in other cities too in the past. What's the rationale? We won, so we'll wreck our own city? Ahem, Boston features.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/05/here-are-five-american-cities-which-rioted-after-sporting-success-and-defeat-7289493/

I know it does, I think they did it twice, the Bruins Stanley Cup win and the World Series the Sox won in 13, the Canadians have been at it as well and of course you have LA (the worlds worst sports fans) and Detroit, the Armpit of America, all that do this sort of shit are scumbags, Philly has fanatical support but they have a large element of the dregs, larger than anywhere else it seems, but any fans that do this shit should be fined, jailed and banned for life and if caught rioting again should get serious time.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gabriel_Hurl

So far - more people have been arrested in New England than Philadelphia for Post-Superbowl rioting

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2018/2/6/16979330/super-bowl-arrests-new-england-philadelphia

Syferus

You should know well enough by now that facts have no effect on Stew, Gabriel.

Gabriel_Hurl

McDaniels staying in NE  :o

Was supposed to be unveiled by the Colts tomorrow

Got to think he's been promised the job after the hoodie retires

Carmen Stateside

I see on twitter Adam Schefter saying a source told him its Kraft sticking it to the Colts due to the deflate gate! I guess he's still in bad form since Sunday.

Syferus

McDaniels was calling up assistant coaches offering them Colts jobs this morning. This stinks to high heavens, whatever about concerns about Luck they certainly didn't change any in the last six hours.

That source about deflate-gate was a league source, not a Patriots sources, by the way. So no insider knowledge.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on February 07, 2018, 03:16:58 AM
McDaniels was calling up assistant coaches offering them Colts jobs this morning. This stinks to high heavens, whatever about concerns about Luck they certainly didn't change any in the last six hours.

That source about deflate-gate was a league source, not a Patriots sources, by the way. So no insider knowledge.

It's a kick in the stones for the Colts. Talk about being late out of the gates. The Combine is in a few weeks. McDaniels must have been promised the Pats job alright, and it must be in the relatively short term. Those assistant coaches must be rightly pissed off.

magpie seanie

Pretty shitty carry on by McDaniels. He's staying in the right place so.

magpie seanie

Brady not congratulating Foles and running into the locker room as well. Stay classy Patriots.

Gabriel_Hurl

Compare that to how Cam got treated when he did the same

Saint Tom  ::)

Minder

I wonder did he get Patriot of the week this week ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Oraisteach

National Signing Day for high school football players. Many had signed already, but Georgia is mopping up today, flipping players who had committed to Bama.  Georgia will probably end up #1 today, with Ohio State likely #2.  Right now, Texas is ranked 3, Alabama 4.  Buckeyes doing v well.  Coach Schiano is staying at OSU instead of heading to the Patriots as was thought.

Gmac

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 07, 2018, 03:03:32 PM

tom has won some and played really well on Sunday so he gets a bit of a pass ,cam didn't play well in that Super Bowl and I remember him not diving on loose ball for fear of injury which a lot of people didn't like , must also be said Brady's attempts at running and catching were pathetic on Sunday

Syferus

Quote from: Gmac on February 07, 2018, 08:58:01 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 07, 2018, 03:03:32 PM

tom has won some and played really well on Sunday so he gets a bit of a pass ,cam didn't play well in that Super Bowl and I remember him not diving on loose ball for fear of injury which a lot of people didn't like , must also be said Brady's attempts at running and catching were pathetic on Sunday

Fear of injury, Cam Newton, the guy who runs at linebackers like a RB and nearly always lowers the shoulder rather than baseball sides? Right.