American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

straightred

Will watch this tonight. I think its a year to the day (or very close to it) that Butler said they'd be back in Boston for a game 7 and that this time they'd win. Few believed him but that's exactly what happened last night.
Denver are favorites but Spo is a fantastic coach and you can't rule them while he's calling the plays.

tonto1888

Quote from: straightred on May 30, 2023, 01:44:35 PM
Will watch this tonight. I think its a year to the day (or very close to it) that Butler said they'd be back in Boston for a game 7 and that this time they'd win. Few believed him but that's exactly what happened last night.
Denver are favorites but Spo is a fantastic coach and you can't rule them while he's calling the plays.

I think Denver will have too much for them. The first 2 games in Denver?

Gmac

Denver 8.5 favorite for game one
Think they win it by 15

straightred

Quote from: Gmac on May 30, 2023, 05:33:28 PM
Denver 8.5 favorite for game one
Think they win it by 15
The Heat have won all 3 game 1s on the road. The Nuggets have won all 3 game 1s at home. Something has to give. I think Miami will steal one of the first 2.

gallsman

Don't think anyone can stop Jokic this year. Unless Denver suffer some big injuries again they should do it comfortably enough.

cadhlancian

Could be the end of Aaron Rodgers in the nfl tonight - likely torn Achilles. Happened in the first series , end of an short lived era !

dec

MRI confirmed torn Achilles, out for the season

Mikhail Prokhorov

He's doing his own research to decide whether he needs surgery or not

tonto1888

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/66789732

at this stage I just believe every pro sports person is doping

thewobbler

This NFL season is genuinely intriguing.

49ers at full strength - Purdy, McCaffrey, Ayuick, Samuel, Kittle - have such a perfect balance that you need 30 points to give them a game. They're the sensible choice.

But take any one of those out of equation, and I wouldn't be much confident of them seeing off the Cowboys, Rams, Eagles, Vikings, Lions... let alone Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Dolphins.

The post season is set up to be truly epic.

gallsman

9ers will win the NFC pulling up. Dallas showing tonight that they're not ready to win big games on the road.

4 or 5 teams could win the AFC.

Injuries permitting, 9ers should win it all. Shanahan is a master at getting key players catastrophically injured though.

SaffronSports

Quote from: gallsman on December 17, 2023, 11:49:10 PM9ers will win the NFC pulling up. Dallas showing tonight that they're not ready to win big games on the road.

Injuries permitting, 9ers should win it all. Shanahan is a master at getting key players catastrophically injured though.

I certainly wouldn't rule out Philadelphia yet. Last two runs to the Super Bowl have been a great start to the season before a bit of a stutter at the end then a good run through the playoffs again. It's about getting all the bodies fit over the coming weeks imo.

GAABoardMod5

gallsman

Quote from: SaffronSports on December 18, 2023, 01:44:58 AM
Quote from: gallsman on December 17, 2023, 11:49:10 PM9ers will win the NFC pulling up. Dallas showing tonight that they're not ready to win big games on the road.

I certainly wouldn't rule out Philadelphia yet. Last two runs to the Super Bowl have been a great start to the season before a bit of a stutter at the end then a good run through the playoffs again. It's about getting all the bodies fit over the coming weeks imo.

9ers win tonight and they'll win out and be top seed. Eagles aren't going to win in Santa Clara.

gallsman

Big Eagles slip up again last night.