Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tothetop03

Quote from: redhandofgod on September 27, 2017, 09:23:59 AM
Stewartstown don't have a Kieran McGeary or a Frank Burns tho

No not many have in all fairness.... How do we see Pomeroy fair v Errigal?

vallankumous

Quote from: driveherin on September 27, 2017, 08:37:03 AM
Nothing harsh about it!  Clonoe always had a hard edge to their game. Loved to mix it! But not the sort of sledging, stamping on toes, nipping, headbutting antics that Cassidy has ingrained in this group!! Cowardly some of the stuff they are at!

Everyone else talking about Pomeroy.

Under Lights

Damian Cassidy has surly underachieved with Clonoe given the talent at his disposal and the wage he lifts.

LeoMc

Quote from: tothetop03 on September 27, 2017, 09:25:28 AM

Clonoe would have been going in as favourites against Errigal so I see no reason to rule out an 8th different winner in 8 years.

tothetop03

Quote from: Under Lights on September 27, 2017, 10:07:19 AM
Damian Cassidy has surly underachieved with Clonoe given the talent at his disposal and the wage he lifts.

2 senior championships 2 senior leagues 1 under 21 and ulster under 21 in 8 seasons plus several reserve champions..... so maybe or maybe not who knows.....

tothetop03

Quote from: LeoMc on September 27, 2017, 10:16:34 AM
Quote from: tothetop03 on September 27, 2017, 09:25:28 AM

Clonoe would have been going in as favourites against Errigal so I see no reason to rule out an 8th different winner in 8 years.

Never would have believed it but i would love to see it happening...and why not...

Up The Middle

We have definitely left a fair few championships behind us. This team is not finished yet. A new face and voice at the helm will freshen things up and we'll be back fighting for honours next year.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: Thastheball on September 26, 2017, 02:40:40 PM
It was at the end of the season and the man we had was not good and we were a mess,  we needed help to kick start us and it nearly worked. Time was just to short.

7years ago he was with Clonoe 2010
8years ago he was with Derry and Clonoe
Was he over 3 teams for a period

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: tothetop03 on September 27, 2017, 10:18:05 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 27, 2017, 10:07:19 AM

2 senior championships 2 senior leagues 1 under 21 and ulster under 21 in 8 seasons plus several reserve champions..... so maybe or maybe not who knows.....

Did he manage all those teams u21 and reserve too

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: Up The Middle on September 27, 2017, 11:00:33 AM
We have definitely left a fair few championships behind us. This team is not finished yet. A new face and voice at the helm will freshen things up and we'll be back fighting for honours next year.

Yous may have 6/7 retirement parties to host first. Replace them men first, that's going to be a hard task.

Under Lights

Looking forward to hearing STG's thoughts on the game last night?

redhandofgod

Danny McNulty is nowhere near senior county standard. Frank Burns looks more than capable needs a run of games. Brendan Burns surely warrants a opportunity however, it may be at the expense of his club mate HP McGeary.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Under Lights on September 27, 2017, 11:32:19 AM

It doesn't get much more insightful than his opinion that McKernan can handle Mark Bradley based on last years championship in which Bradley scored 14 points over two games v Coalisland, 8 or 9 of them from play.

southtyronegael

Quote from: Under Lights on September 27, 2017, 11:32:19 AM
send me your credit card details and Il email you an in depth analysis that I've just read in the Irish news.lol

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: redhandofgod on September 27, 2017, 11:42:01 AM
Danny McNulty is nowhere near senior county standard. Frank Burns looks more than capable needs a run of games. Brendan Burns surely warrants a opportunity however, it may be at the expense of his club mate HP McGeary.

McNulty is a good player when he is not being marked he also can kick a good ground ball but is he county standard no chance he might not even be Clonoe senior standard. Clonoe bench last night looked quite young there has to be a few players on it to replace the older and more immobile players. Pomeroy have continued where they left off last year and that's winning championships they could do a trillick and no reason why not 3 good county men added to a youthful blend of speed and power with a wee bit of experience in there in the guise of Denver and cricko