Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 26, 2017, 11:18:02 PM
Quote from: Bondanglar1 on September 26, 2017, 11:14:55 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 24, 2017, 02:43:06 AM
Quote from: Tyroneforsam on September 23, 2017, 10:50:17 PM
Really disappointed not to have closed that game out this evening unfortunately our inexperience cost us in the end. 3 points up with two minutes of normal time temaining we really should have been more cynical. I've no doubt had clonoe been in our position they definitely would have closed it out by any means. People may say we've missed the boat but I don't buy that. I think we've now shown that we're a decent side and have every chance the next day out.

Nope, you've missed the boat. Clonoe by 7 next day out
Missed the boat did we.... get beat by 7 will we...... doubt not 🙂

Fair play, didn't expect that. Can they raise it again for next game, that is the big question now. If they can't, then tonight's win will soon be forgotten

Be humble, I'm sure clonoe would have fancied their chances against Errigal had they taken us out, why shouldn't we.

Up The Middle

Well done pomeroy. Fully deserved. They were the better team in both games. Hard to take but we can't have any complaints. Hope they push on from this. Lot of rebuilding ahead for us.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Up The Middle on September 26, 2017, 11:52:09 PM
Well done pomeroy. Fully deserved. They were the better team in both games. Hard to take but we can't have any complaints. Hope they push on from this. Lot of rebuilding ahead for us.

Didn't see the drawn game but thought poemroy alot more pace all over the field.  Lot of clonoe players are big phydical players..brady/both doris lads/McNulty but not the most mobile..thought the physicality helped win them the game against dromore in terrible weather but tonight on perfect night for football on fast pitch it suited poemroy.

Hope they give ballygawley and the surrounding clubs there fill off it..only worry would be 3 serious tough games in a few weeks and only a 5 day turnaround.  Few players tonight went off injured and cramping vs a team that has has an easy enough path to SF in comparison.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

WT4E

Well done to pomeroy.

My only question is will they be sober for the semi?  ;D

driveherin

What a great service Armagh TV provide!! Watched on in delight at that shower of arrogant tramps get beat. Mouthing after the drawn game to the pomeroy players that they had missed their chance!!! I'm assuming Cassidy said his goodbyes after the game!!!??? Clonoes sc**bag antics found out by a far superior footballing team! For a change Clonoe didn't start a fight after getting beat. Can't believe some people are talking about Danny McNulty in a tyrone jersey! he is 3 stone overweight and unable to move. Can Pomeroy beat Errigal? Its a big ask playing 3 big games in a week but heres hoping!

Under Lights

Quote from: driveherin on September 27, 2017, 08:02:25 AM
What a great service Armagh TV provide!! Watched on in delight at that shower of arrogant tramps get beat. Mouthing after the drawn game to the pomeroy players that they had missed their chance!!! I'm assuming Cassidy said his goodbyes after the game!!!??? Clonoes sc**bag antics found out by a far superior footballing team! For a change Clonoe didn't start a fight after getting beat. Can't believe some people are talking about Danny McNulty in a tyrone jersey! he is 3 stone overweight and unable to move. Can Pomeroy beat Errigal? Its a big ask playing 3 big games in a week but heres hoping!

Muscle weights more than fat  :'(

Wee Roddy

That is very harsh. A lot of those Clonoe players have been great servants and great warriors for their club. If there is one thing I miss about Carmen being on the wain in recent years is the abuse being giving to them by the begrudges. Fighting here, dictating to refs there etc etc. This happens when teams are successful. Watch the 4 semi finalist closely this weekend. All have a nasty stroke to their game and all can play great football too...just like the Clonoe team last night have done over the years.

vallankumous

An all round great Championship so far. Some of the games and results have been up there with the best despite the County Board doing their best to make it difficult.

driveherin

Nothing harsh about it!  Clonoe always had a hard edge to their game. Loved to mix it! But not the sort of sledging, stamping on toes, nipping, headbutting antics that Cassidy has ingrained in this group!! Cowardly some of the stuff they are at!

rrhf

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 27, 2017, 08:18:48 AM
That is very harsh. A lot of those Clonoe players have been great servants and great warriors for their club. If there is one thing I miss about Carmen being on the wain in recent years is the abuse being giving to them by the begrudges. Fighting here, dictating to refs there etc etc. This happens when teams are successful. Watch the 4 semi finalist closely this weekend. All have a nasty stroke to their game and all can play great football too...just like the Clonoe team last night have done over the years.
Agree with that. There's a spirit about these clubs which are an example to others.

Up The Middle

Classy post.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

tothetop03

Over the course of the 2 games we can have no complaints about being defeated by Pomeroy, i certainly did not think they had left it behind them on saturday we have a few men at the wrong end of there Careers, all of whom have been great servants to club football and the history books will be kind to them just like Carrickmore and Errigal teams from 1993/2005.. The snide remarks i see here will not worry me as a Clonoe man some of these remarks are prob born out of jealousy.... But good luck to Pomeroy on sunday they now are living a dream and they deserve it....

with Clonoe,Dromore,Carrickmore and possibly in a smaller scale Coalisland all facing a period of rebuilding can the younger teams like Trillick Pomeroy Donaghmore  or Ardboe replace these teams that have gave wonderful championship fair for the last 10 odd years and have contributed to the most unique club championship in Ireland club football scene.... 

clarshack

Pomeroy have come a long way since being dumped out of the 1st round of the championship by Derrytresk in 2015. Also in 2014 they needed a replay to overcome Brackaville in the 1st round. Just shows what can happen when a club gets it's act together.

tothetop03

Quote from: clarshack on September 27, 2017, 09:17:55 AM
Pomeroy have come a long way since being dumped out of the 1st round of the championship by Derrytresk in 2015. Also in 2014 they needed a replay to overcome Brackaville in the 1st round. Just shows what can happen when a club gets it's act together.

Stewartstown should take note as they have the players to do same... i hope they do...

redhandofgod

Stewartstown don't have a Kieran McGeary or a Frank Burns tho