Dublin v Kerry 2023 Senior All Ireland final

Started by Blowitupref, July 16, 2023, 07:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 30, 2023, 05:23:32 PM
Carthy should seen the line, had at least 2 yellow card and black card tackles alone, couldn't blame, Clifford, though playing poor he should still scored 6 from play. the other players round him have to stand up, P Clifford played well but struggled late on. Alot of players on both teams played bad, Fenton was poor again, Alot of Dublin lesser lights played well. Dessie Farrell a likable sort of guy who took some crap past 2 yrs so it good to see he come back. It be interesting to see if they go another year or will there be mass retirements after one last shot.First Team in over 20yrs to win from Division 2.They not bring that nugget up.

Have to disagree re Fenton. He was superb. Kicked some fine scores and his defending beat the end was solid.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Congratulations to the Dubs on another All Ireland, deserving winners.

full moon

It feels a bit like when Man City won the Champions League. I had to turn off the coverage, nauseating. We have to listen to the national/Dublin media trumpet it all, Dublin always the media darlings in every aspect of the running of this countre. Entire economy, services and media based there. Dominating GAA like everything else.

Sportacus

Kerry weren't brave enough.  Too slow and lateral, especially in the first half, which was surprising. They'll really regret that performance.

Rudi

From the Bunker

Thought it was poor by RTE production team showing the Kerry team heading to the dressing rooms after the Cup presentation and speech. Lack of respect for players in their private moment.

Derryman forever

Didn't see any performance there that will influence an all star.

tyssam5

Quote from: full moon on July 30, 2023, 05:16:33 PM
The money men win again, and Kerry badly exposed when D Clifford has an off day. Not a classic by any means but the weather didn't help.

Sad that Dublin win another, they are the best team though. Too much media hype about Kerry and other sides, Dublin will win 80% of All Irelands for the next 10 years again, and otherwise just close defeats in finals.

Nor sure about that, the guys they brought back were crucial. Remains to be seen if they can do without them.

jcpen

Quote from: full moon on July 30, 2023, 05:27:45 PM
It feels a bit like when Man City won the Champions League. I had to turn off the coverage, nauseating. We have to listen to the national/Dublin media trumpet it all, Dublin always the media darlings in every aspect of the running of this countre. Entire economy, services and media based there. Dominating GAA like everything else.
You may just suck it up and not let it bother you as it's not going to change.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Derryman forever on July 30, 2023, 05:33:01 PM

Paudie Clifford hands down best player on the pitch. Sealed All Star!

imtommygunn

Dublin are going to drop off. They were better today but cluxton not going to be about forever and a few others likewise. Honestly think one or two more max and they're done.

Fitzsimmons will influence all star.

Derryman forever

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2023, 05:34:27 PM

I thought he was great in the first 40
Went missing in the last 30.

Mario

Quote from: Derryman forever on July 30, 2023, 05:36:10 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2023, 05:34:27 PM

I thought he was great in the first 40
Went missing in the last 30.
And in the whole semi final

full moon

Quote from: jcpen on July 30, 2023, 05:33:45 PM
Quote from: full moon on July 30, 2023, 05:27:45 PM
You may just suck it up and not let it bother you as it's not going to change.

I thought Dublin would win, Joe Brolly was correct in his assessment barring the score. I did hope Kerry would do it but once Clifford has an off day they are very beatable.

Derryman forever

If that game had been played in Ulster it would have been a drab affair.