All Ireland Football Final Tickets

Started by Dinny Breen, August 12, 2019, 11:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

All Ireland 2019 Dublin v Kerry

I am neutral and would pay €90 if offered a ticket
35 (25.4%)
I am neutral and would not pay €90 if offered a ticket
85 (61.6%)
I am from a competing county and would have no problem paying €90 if offered a ticket
14 (10.1%)
I am from a competing county and would reluctantly pay €90 if offered a ticket
2 (1.4%)
I am from a competing county and can't afford to bring the family and don't want to go alone.
2 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 138

Voting closed: September 01, 2019, 11:29:47 AM

Hound

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 21, 2019, 09:48:43 AM

I agree. Sure hasn't he agreed to stay until 2021 at the very latest.
One thing you can bet the house on, Gavin will not go at the end of an agreed term. There'd be too much noise and speculation.
Regardless of what the term is, it'll be reviewed every year and never be allowed to have less than 12 months remaining, but he could leave at the end of any year.
His term was supposed to be up at end of 2019, but at end of 2018, it was extended until end of 2021.

larryin89

Doesn't matter who is in charge , there are conveyer belts of special groups of players for the next ten years , Dublin will keep winning all Ireland's for the forseeable . The most interesting aspect is going to be when do Dublin eventually admit something will have to be done to even up the score
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

Dublin don't have to admit anything.
Up to officialdom in the other 31 to discover their testicles and do something about it.
Or are we back to "mean spirited and decisive" and Co Boards being "advised" how to vote?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: Rossfan on August 21, 2019, 01:24:42 PM
Up to officialdom in the other 31 to discover their testicles and do something about it.
Or are we back to "mean spirited and decisive" and Co Boards being "advised" how to vote?

+1

larryin89

County boards are advised how to vote and I don't blame the cb delegates at all that's like blaming the foreign labourers on cheap labour , blame the basta s who dangle the cheque book.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Captain Obvious

Quote from: larryin89 on August 21, 2019, 01:57:33 PM

County boards are advised how to vote and I don't blame the cb delegates at all that's like blaming the foreign labourers on cheap labour , blame the basta s who dangle the cheque book.

Indeed as was the case for the introduction of a round robin group stage for the last 8 of the senior championship and getting rid of the U21 and U18 All Ireland championships.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Aaron Boone on August 21, 2019, 02:33:38 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on August 21, 2019, 12:38:30 AM
Quote from: giveballaghback on August 20, 2019, 11:30:22 PM
Friend of mine got 2 davin end tickets for 40 euro each about an hour before throw in, he said there were any amount of tickets available below face value. I think the football may be the same, who is going to pay 90euro for a ticket to a game we already know the result of.

Hurling final had loads of tickets on sale on the day. Thats unlikely to be case for the football final, county allocations will be around 60k with the rest going to sponsors,press,educational bodies etc.  This final is seen as "historic event" and the Dubs would snap up 60K tickets on their own if they could.
The marketing team are happy to play the historic event card for this final. But that will wear off for next year and then win no.7 in 2021.

Yes if Dublin are going for 6,7 or 8 in a row in the years ahead i would expect AI finals tickets to be widely available on match day and probably sold on general sale as the last number of Tipp v Kilkenny hurling finals have been.

Quote from: larryin89 on August 21, 2019, 12:52:24 PM
Doesn't matter who is in charge , there are conveyer belts of special groups of players for the next ten years , Dublin will keep winning all Ireland's for the forseeable . The most interesting aspect is going to be when do Dublin eventually admit something will have to be done to even up the score

I wouldn't underestimate the importance of Jim Gavin and he won't be easily replaced. Anyway i don't see him leaving anytime soon.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

From the Bunker

I see a lot of people here wanting Dublin to own up?

Own up to what?

Taking Loads of money legally given by headquarters and the government?

Dublin don't need to apologise to anybody?

What would any other county have done?

On top of being over sponsored, from the top down to grass roots. Headquarters decided that Soccer and especially Rugby had to be taken head on in Capital and horsed money into the game there.

Luckily they don't have the same problem here with Rugby, although Soccer is strong in Mayo. So no need the horse a few million our way.

seafoid

Quote from: larryin89 on August 21, 2019, 12:52:24 PM

Gaelic football is broken
The GAA broke it

"Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to never was there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it."

Flannery O'Connor
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

What happens in counties when a club team dominates? Nemo Cross and the others? It comes in cycles, that team eventually becomes old, the other teams develop and it changes hands. No different with Dublin
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Crossmaglen hasn't got 1.4 million people.
Seriously though it certainly hasn't got 2.6 times the population of the next biggest club or 10/12 times the population of the average club in Co Armagh.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magpie seanie

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 21, 2019, 06:06:48 PM
I see a lot of people here wanting Dublin to own up?

Own up to what?

Taking Loads of money legally given by headquarters and the government?

Dublin don't need to apologise to anybody?

What would any other county have done?

On top of being over sponsored, from the top down to grass roots. Headquarters decided that Soccer and especially Rugby had to be taken head on in Capital and horsed money into the game there.

Luckily they don't have the same problem here with Rugby, although Soccer is strong in Mayo. So no need the horse a few million our way.

You have no idea.  ::) Try being from where I am!

Back to Dublin - participation rates in the capital are still lagging behind the rest of the country despite increasing significantly with the money pumped in. Basing decisions on the fortunes of county teams is a risky business.

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on August 21, 2019, 11:59:20 PM
Seriously though it certainly hasn't got 2.6 times the population of the next biggest club or 10/12 times the population of the average club in Co Armagh.

Cross has about the average population for an Armagh club and is in a parish with 3 other clubs.
Cross' is better compared to Kilkenny, who wear similar kit, who haven't a great population advantage.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tonto1888

Quote from: armaghniac on August 22, 2019, 12:15:33 PM

Cross has about the average population for an Armagh club and is in a parish with 3 other clubs.
Cross' is better compared to Kilkenny, who wear similar kit, who haven't a great population advantage.

Why are cross so successful tho?

rosnarun

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 22, 2019, 12:58:41 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 22, 2019, 12:15:33 PM

Why are cross so successful tho?
what was the pre hernan history of Cross . were they always dominant ?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere