FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maigheo

let the celebrations begin.The Ros juggernaut continues on its merry way

Shrewdness

Final score., Roscommon 4-8, Galway 1-12... Nobody in Ros getting carried away because as the Mayo people were saying all week, it's only January..Nice article on Ros in Sunday Independent.

fearsiuil

Quote from: Shrewdness on January 24, 2015, 08:58:12 PM
Nobody in Ros getting carried away over this, and that will remain the case should they beat Galway in the final. The Hastings Cup is what it is, a pre championship warm up competition.. I'd imagine the Rossies are looking towards the first match of the Championship, and no further than that.. It's going to be a very tight Connacht U-21 championship.

Quote from: Shrewdness on January 25, 2015, 03:49:20 PM
Final score., Roscommon 4-8, Galway 1-12... Nobody in Ros getting carried away because as the Mayo people were saying all week, it's only January..Nice article on Ros in Sunday Independent.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

Syferus

Not great with the wind in the first half but really turned it on going forward in the second half. Well done on winning the FBD.

Midfield was poor and made it tougher than it should have been, we'll need to be better there to beat Cavan the next day.

Well done to Croans making the AI final too, it's been a good day for Roscommon football.

And for the love of God don't play the Galway league game in the Hyde like it's scheduled for. Kiltoom a great venue for a game, as usual.

ross4life

Only pre season but good to win a trophy and have some momentum for the start of NFL. Average enough 1st half but we smartly went for goals against wind 2nd half. The almost muted celebrations similar to what you see when Mayo win Connacht championship titles was poof that the players minds are set on the tough more challenging div 2 league football ahead.

Very well done to St Croans and well deserved trip to Croke park for them.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on January 25, 2015, 04:24:05 PM
Not great with the wind in the first half but really turned it on going forward in the second half. Well done on winning the FBD.

Midfield was poor and made it tougher than it should have been, we'll need to be better there to beat Cavan the next day.

Well done to Croans making the AI final too, it's been a good day for Roscommon football.

And for the love of God don't play the Galway league game in the Hyde like it's scheduled for. Kiltoom a great venue for a game, as usual.
Maith sibh.

I think a solid D2 would be a great next step for Ros. We need ye to perform consistently at a higher level.
Who was the footballer in your old photo? I presume the new face is Dermot E.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on January 25, 2015, 04:38:16 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 25, 2015, 04:24:05 PM

Maith sibh.

I think a solid D2 would be a great next step for Ros. We need ye to perform consistently at a higher level.
Who was the footballer in your old photo? I presume the new face is Dermot E.

The great Roscommon and St. Brigids captain Gerry O'Malley. The first inductee in the Connacht GAA Hall of Fame according to today's program too.

larryin89

Are Mayo supporters allowed support Ross when Mayo go out? I love them colours too.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

larryin89

http://www.shannonside.ie/sport/roscommon-fbd-league-champions-2015-john-evans-reaction/

" this is a new era" John confirming then hype in roscommon .

" other counties have a pool of a couple of hundred players to choose from,mwe only have 35/40 players"  I don't know what that means exactly.

The kerry man is excited there is no denying that.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

There was a time when Mayo and Galway were confident in their own abilities not to blow hot air in our direction. I like the fact the demons are niggling away at "The Big Two".

From the Bunker

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 25, 2015, 07:51:33 PM

Here you go Syferus - A song to go with your new new photo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J99Ql0QBfPo
I presume it isn't on mwr's requested collection .

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on January 25, 2015, 08:05:59 PM

That song has featured many's a time on Mid-West. The music video even got a run out on Ireland West Music TV (Mid-West's tv show).

Sure Mid-West is the station of choice for most of Roscommon as well as Mayo, and it's owned by a Roscommon man and father of a Roscommon county keeper at that.

The only time Shannonside is on here is when the local elections are on or we need to suffer through their musical chairs approach to GAA coverage.

Rossfan

Well we did the job today once we decided to tear into the Galway'sporous defence.
In the first half with the wind we arsed around and also stood watching Galway's hand passing over and back for minutes at a time.
Mind you we let them have plenty of free shots in the second and that lad who got the Galway's goal should have been stopped long before hand.
Good to win another cupeen.
Let's hope we'll soon be winning. Real cups.
PS - a big black mark to the Pretty Council for the crap programme costing€3.
Also it had the players' names in bloody Bearla only.
Tut tut tut.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on January 25, 2015, 08:10:05 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 25, 2015, 08:05:59 PM

That song has featured many's a time on Mid-West. The music video even got a run out on Ireland West Music TV (Mid-West's tv show).

Sure Mid-West is the station of choice for most of Roscommon as well as Mayo, and it's owned by a Roscommon man and father of a Roscommon county keeper at that.

The only time Shannonside is on here is when the local elections are on or we need to suffer through their musical chairs approach to GAA coverage.
The beat is very MWR!
I know the Claffeys very well. Lovely family.