Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

InnocentByStander

As a neutral, Derry need to reach for the stars if they are to move forward...Jim Gavin

Onthe40

Any insight into why CM didnt stay on especially if the team are only one step away as is being alluded to here?

the goal was on

Paddy Bradley and Aidan O Rourke could be good shout, Would Damien cassidy like another shot at it?

tbrick18

Quote from: the goal was on on September 12, 2023, 11:58:39 AM
Paddy Bradley and Aidan O Rourke could be good shout, Would Damien cassidy like another shot at it?

Cassidy was a bit of a disaster last time around, not sure I'd want him back.
I saw McErlain being touted in some of the papers as well, also think he'd be out of his depth, as was shown before.

Bradley/O'Rourke - not sure. They improved Donegal last year, but do they really have the ability to take a team on that final step? Not sure they do.

MOR or Jim Gavin would be the two top end options.
I wouldnt rule out a Gallagher return, with Meenagh still in the background.
I always got the impression with Meenagh that he didnt want to be in the foreground....I could be wrong.

TyroneOnlooker

Did Meenagh not temporarily step away from this teaching post after RG's exit, which would have been last few months of the school term? Perhaps he wasn't able to extend that arrangement. County management a full time gig these days.

Mario

Definitely not to all 3. As tbrick says, continuity is the main concern and for that reason i'd want RG back in. O'Rourke after that. Anyone else will be a major disappointment and probably a significant step back.

themania1

Definitely the worst shout on here, you cant just give the inexperienced a 'shot at it'. We are at the stage where we are competing for Sam, and just need to get over this team over the line. You cant just throw anyone into the deep end, has to be someone well experienced and capable for the Job. Only men I can think of that could do this and are realistic contenders are MOR, Jim Gavin, and of course Gallagher.

seanyb

You must know f*** all about football coming out with that. Mental

bannside

Mickey Moran and Conleith Gilligan would tick the vast majority of boxes.

the goal was on

Quote from: seanyb on September 12, 2023, 02:24:16 PM

You must know f*** all about football coming out with that. Mental

Well rory was a disaster as manager of donegal . Managers learn as they go too. I was refering to them as options if the main contenders don't want it . People mentioning Jim Galvin!! Sweet jesus. If we are looking an all ireland winning manager the pick is limited

Champion The Wonder Horse

Am I alone in not wanting Gallagher back?

Wildweasel74

Er no, Moran had Derry enough times and put them bck, not the right age profile anyway.

tbrick18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 12, 2023, 04:23:35 PM
Er no, Moran had Derry enough times and put them bck, not the right age profile anyway.

I wouldn't want him myself.
Not sure he'd want it anyway, bit of a difference managing a club side and a county side.

bannside

Disagree, think their individual talents would be a lot lot better than some of the appointments being made or being mooted here - and the combination further enhances that.

Laughable really that anyone can't see this being a very credible option. Football management has changed, its mo longer a one man operation. Its about combining a versatile array of talents across numerous roles and responsibilities.

Brendan

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on September 12, 2023, 04:14:50 PM
Am I alone in not wanting Gallagher back?

I'd say it's more 50/50 than discussion on here would suggest, anyone I speak to is more concerned about the massive PR damage it would do, so many more kids running about in Derry gear than there would the 10 years previous, would parents be willing to have their kids be associated with Gallagher and Derrynifbhe returned? Situation was handled poorly enough at the time