Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Wildweasel74

Still think McKinless way ahead of the, Kerry No. 6 to.

tbrick18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 31, 2023, 05:08:53 PM
Still think McKinless way ahead of the, Kerry No. 6 to.

I agree.
He had 2 massive games in CP too so has to be in with a shout.
Unfortunately though, given the semi-finalists are usually limited to 1 or 2, we probably have at least a couple of deserving allstars missing out.

harryR

Championship starts this week and not much chat. Glen big favourites for me with only them, slaughtneil and maghetfelt capable of winning John. Relegation play offs could be very interesting though

Silver hill

Are Derry going to try to bring Rory Gallagher back in?

restorepride

According to the BBC today, Joe Brolly would consider a future in politics. This is great news! 😜

ck

Quote from: screenexile on July 28, 2023, 05:50:59 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on July 28, 2023, 03:21:06 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on July 28, 2023, 02:50:16 PM
I'd agree with alot of this tbrick apart from 2 minor bits.
Zero time for Brolly, he'll call out and embarrass amateur footballers to gain attention. He's done it for years with the latest being Glass (from what I've heard, I won't listen to the man). There's a very low level of decency there that no other pundit would touch with a barge pole.
And re the final, both starting 15s are well matched, Dublin bench will win them the game

Yeah I know a lot of people have that opinion of brolly. I guess I come from a starting position of always expecting him to be on the wind up, so I never take any of what he says with too much seriousness. When he was on TSG, I always felt he was better than his co-hosts in analysing games and not being afraid to call things as he saw it. I like that, others don't.

I dont think Dublin have been tested really this year and so haven't had that 70 min performance they will need to beat Kerry.
Wouldn't surprise me if Dublin win, but just favour Kerry by maybe 5 or 6.

I'd normally be the same and don't mind Brolly for the most part but that article in the Gaelic Life and the subsequent chat on Tomás' podcast seems to be a bit of begrudgery. It's as if he doesn't want us to win. . . if Derry win an All Ireland with lads the calibre of Glass/McKaigue/Rodgers/McGuigan, Brolly might get some competition for his media gigs in the future!!!

Of course Brolly doesnt want Derry to win. He's a bitter old man who operates to an agenda, always.
Should not be listened to by anyone.

ck

Quote from: Silver hill on August 01, 2023, 09:16:42 PM

No chance. RGs reputation is in tatters. He'll never get near a team again.

marty34

Quote from: restorepride on August 02, 2023, 12:48:08 PM
According to the BBC today, Joe Brolly would consider a future in politics. This is great news! 😜

Saw that.

Problem being Joe would need his own one man band Jim Allister type party where he could do and say what he wants.  I don't think, in a big party, that he'd toe the party line.

Hard to know what party would suit him. Maybe in the south?

seanyb

Quote from: ck on August 02, 2023, 01:39:01 PM

watch this space..

Silver hill

Quote from: seanyb on August 02, 2023, 02:13:22 PM

watch this space..

Agree.
Remember the statement Derry Co Board released at the time of the furore saying initially that he 'had stepped back'.  The sponsors won't have an issue with him returning and our CEO certainly won't either. I think they'll slip him back in and ride it out. No games for 5/6 months helps as well as no circus surrounding him on the sideline.

tbrick18

Quote from: marty34 on August 02, 2023, 02:11:07 PM
Quote from: restorepride on August 02, 2023, 12:48:08 PM

Saw that.

Problem being Joe would need his own one man band Jim Allister type party where he could do and say what he wants.  I don't think, in a big party, that he'd toe the party line.

Hard to know what party would suit him. Maybe in the south?

Imagine Brolly and Healy-Rae going at each other. lol.

lenny

Quote from: Silver hill on August 02, 2023, 02:44:37 PM
Quote from: seanyb on August 02, 2023, 02:13:22 PM

watch this space..

Agree.
Remember the statement Derry Co Board released at the time of the furore saying initially that he 'had stepped back'.  The sponsors won't have an issue with him returning and our CEO certainly won't either. I think they'll slip him back in and ride it out. No games for 5/6 months helps as well as no circus surrounding him on the sideline.

What's the weather like with you over there in cloud cuckoo land?

Wildweasel74

O'Rourke and, Spillane jibbed Brolly a few weeks bck about managing a team, say would someone give him a £150k and he would. Now he looking a job in politics on half the pay. Lad starting to becoming the biggest attention seeker. Away from football, he went down alot in my estimation when he provided legal assistance for Winston Irvine. What politically group would take him, Not Sinn Fein or the, SDLP.

restorepride

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 02, 2023, 06:58:50 PM
O'Rourke and, Spillane jibbed Brolly a few weeks bck about managing a team, say would someone give him a £150k and he would. Now he looking a job in politics on half the pay. Lad starting to becoming the biggest attention seeker. Away from football, he went down alot in my estimation when he provided legal assistance for Winston Irvine. What politically group would take him, Not Sinn Fein or the, SDLP.
Not even Aontú. The revisionist picture he is painting more frequently now relating to the troubles and some areas within the county is particularly worrying. As is the fact he is 'believed' by the media without any real evidence being given. Almost as if inuendo is the new truth.

markl121

Quote from: restorepride on August 02, 2023, 07:08:33 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 02, 2023, 06:58:50 PM
Not even Aontú. The revisionist picture he is painting more frequently now relating to the troubles and some areas within the county is particularly worrying. As is the fact he is 'believed' by the media without any real evidence being given. Almost as if inuendo is the new truth.
Is he related to any of the brollys in aontu at the minute?