?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

quit yo jibbajabba

Someones got a lot of time on their hands 😃

marty34

Quote from: ahyewillyewillyewill on July 26, 2023, 12:13:15 PM
** NEWS JUST IN **

Laveys Coaching and Games Committee has voted unanimously to immediately abandon the official Foundation Award and Level 1,2 & 3 coaching certification pathway.

Instead, going forward any potential senior or underage manager will be required to sit and pass the following exam:

Exam Title: "Surviving": Navigating Challenging Environments

Main Textbook:

• Title: "The Prince"
    Author: Niccolò Machiavelli
    Publisher: Penguin Classics
    Year: 2003
    ISBN: 978-0140449150

Recommended Reading:

• Title: "Can't Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds"
    Author: David Goggins
    Publisher: Lioncrest Publishing
    Year: 2018
    ISBN: 978-1544512280
  • Title: "Wisdom of Near-Death Experiences"
    Author: Dr Penny Sartori
    Publisher: Watkins Publishing
    Year: 2014
    ISBN: 9781780285658

• Title: "You Vs The World: Survival Strategies from the Wild to the Urban Jungle"
    Author: Bear Grylls
    Publisher: Adventure Books
    Year: 2020
    ISBN: 978-0123456789

• Title: "Developing Psychological Resilience"
    Author: Dr. Jagadeesh
    Publisher: Notion Press
    Year: 2023
    ISBN: 979-8889751168
  • Title: "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, Everything Is F*cked, Unf*ck Yourself - 3 book collection set"
    Author: Mark Manson
    Publisher: Harper Paperbacks
    Year: 2019
    ISBN: 912379979X

• Title: "The Dying Process: Understanding Signs, Symptoms & Changes At The End Of Life"
    Author: Katie Duncan
    Year: 2021
    ISBN: 1956947000

Exam Format:
The exam will consist of four sections, including multiple-choice questions, short answer questions, and a critical analysis essay.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate their knowledge of the main textbook and apply concepts from the recommended reading books to real-world GAA scenarios.

Pass Rate: 80%
Managers who fail the exam are permitted to re-register for a one time 'resit' examination, but will be required to pay the appropriate fee at the time of registration.
Failing a resit will result in candidates having to wait a full GAA season before re attempting.

Examiners:
Professors Brennan, Downey & Hasson.

Should this be in the wtf thread?

theticklemister

Anyone have the championship fixtures and dates?

Derry Man

Anyone know if the streaming service is happening this year again?

theticklemister

Quote from: Derry Man on July 26, 2023, 08:30:16 PM
Anyone know if the streaming service is happening this year again?

Yip. 70 quid.

restorepride

Quote from: marty34 on July 26, 2023, 04:00:25 PM
Quote from: ahyewillyewillyewill on July 26, 2023, 12:13:15 PM
** NEWS JUST IN **

Laveys Coaching and Games Committee has voted unanimously to immediately abandon the official Foundation Award and Level 1,2 & 3 coaching certification pathway.

Instead, going forward any potential senior or underage manager will be required to sit and pass the following exam:

Exam Title: "Surviving": Navigating Challenging Environments

Main Textbook:

• Title: "The Prince"
    Author: Niccolò Machiavelli
    Publisher: Penguin Classics
    Year: 2003
    ISBN: 978-0140449150

Recommended Reading:

• Title: "Can't Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds"
    Author: David Goggins
    Year: 2018
    ISBN: 978-1544512280
  • Title: "Wisdom of Near-Death Experiences"
    Author: Dr Penny Sartori
    Publisher: Watkins Publishing
    Year: 2014
    ISBN: 9781780285658

• Title: "You Vs The World: Survival Strategies from the Wild to the Urban Jungle"
    Author: Bear Grylls
    Publisher: Adventure Books
    Year: 2020
    ISBN: 978-0123456789

• Title: "Developing Psychological Resilience"
    Author: Dr. Jagadeesh
    Publisher: Notion Press
    Year: 2023
    ISBN: 979-8889751168
  • Title: "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, Everything Is F*cked, Unf*ck Yourself - 3 book collection set"
    Author: Mark Manson
    Publisher: Harper Paperbacks
    Year: 2019
    ISBN: 912379979X

• Title: "The Dying Process: Understanding Signs, Symptoms & Changes At The End Of Life"
    Author: Katie Duncan
    Year: 2021
    ISBN: 1956947000

Exam Format:
The exam will consist of four sections, including multiple-choice questions, short answer questions, and a critical analysis essay.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate their knowledge of the main textbook and apply concepts from the recommended reading books to real-world GAA scenarios.

Pass Rate: 80%
Managers who fail the exam are permitted to re-register for a one time 'resit' examination, but will be required to pay the appropriate fee at the time of registration.
Failing a resit will result in candidates having to wait a full GAA season before re attempting.

Examiners:
Professors Brennan, Downey & Hasson.

Should this be in the wtf thread?
Yes.  Self indulgence at its worst - a poster worth ignoring.

quit yo jibbajabba

Started off well. Then went overboard. Lets hope he comes back to us but i feel hes told us all he knows.

Or them/her/she/it

restorepride

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 26, 2023, 11:47:25 PM
Started off well. Then went overboard. Lets hope he comes back to us but i feel hes told us all he knows.

Or them/her/she/it
Or Drumard/Drumuck/Ballymacpeake/Mayogall/Lemnaroy.  OR!!  Knockloughrim? 

ahyewillyewillyewill

Quote from: restorepride on July 27, 2023, 12:22:55 AM

Or them/her/she/it

"If a person shows you who they are ...believe them..."

I briefly scanned your posting history.
A negative condescending opinion on everything from singing voices, schools, referees, gaa....

** Keyboard Warrior Alert ***

#getalife #smalldickenergy

ahyewillyewillyewill

Or them/her/she/it

You're not so bad... I like you...

restorepride

Quote from: ahyewillyewillyewill on July 27, 2023, 10:56:32 AM

Or them/her/she/it

A negative condescending opinion on everything from singing voices, schools, referees, gaa....

Me wild scared now. Ok, I believe all your posts. Sorry.

ahyewillyewillyewill

Quote from: restorepride on July 27, 2023, 12:05:07 PM
Quote from: ahyewillyewillyewill on July 27, 2023, 10:56:32 AM

Or them/her/she/it

Me wild scared now. Ok, I believe all your posts. Sorry.

Attaboy  :D

Wildweasel74

Anybody here listen to Brolly on Tomas O'Se Podcast? Very sore on last year's all-Stars, basically big reason we lost the game Yes Glass was poor for a semi 2nd Year running, but Derry only started to rise when he came back. And he does need to bring a physical element to the game. McKeigue who been the best corner back in the country past 4yrs not a corner back. Talked about the old team been mean, full of grit compared to the current team (few exceptions) Maybe my memory fails me with f**k all grit shown in "1995 (never forget that one, Brolly had the Wrist broke of course In the League final) against Tyrone, or the fact he went Missing again P Donnelly, P Higgins, 1996, 98, There were all too many days he and others believed their own press. But he got no problem giving out about  2 current players, when he went Awol all to often when Derry needed him most, in crunch games.

NotedObserver

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 27, 2023, 09:38:03 PM
Anybody here Brolly on Tomos 'OSe Podcast? Very sore on last year's all-Stars, basically big reason we lost the game Yes Glass was poor for a semi 2nd Year running but Derry only started to rise when he came back. And he dons need to bring a physical element to the game. McKeigue who been the best corner back in the country past 4yrs not a corner back. Talked about the old team been mean, full of grit compared to the current team few exceptions) Maybe my memory fails me with f**k all grit shown in "1995 against Tyrone, or the fact he went Missing again P Donnelly, P Higgins, 1996, 98, There were all too many days he and others believed their own press. But he got no problem giving out about  2 current players, when he went Awol all to often when Derry needed him.

Best corner back in the last 4 years? That's the hype that brolly was referring to

Wildweasel74

He has been, I was at nearly ever game past few yrs  outside Cork this year and he been constantly a great marker. He got left open on a hiding to nothing with no secondary cover in the Kerry game and they talked about the good game, Fitzsimmons had on Clifford last Yr and he scored 4pts from play and a mark. I blame Derry naivety not to have suffice cover there.