Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Rawhide

it wasn't a glorified reserve team, they had at best 4 and maybe 5 players not playing. Apart from being relegated, you wonder how this helps the mending of relationships in Lavey. There are bound to be a significant number of folk in Lavey who are really pissed off at the outcome. This will only have exasperated it.  Because one man couldn't get to control a team his sons played and felt he was let down or embarrassed by people he knows well, he shafted the entire club. I don't see an easy fix unless the main protagonists swallows his/their pride for the greater good. And thats it at the end of the day, you can list the various complaints each have, but when you stand back this is what it boils down to
cccc is a true supporter lol

ahyewillyewillyewill

Quote from: Rawhide on July 24, 2023, 11:11:35 AM
it wasn't a glorified reserve team, they had at best 4 and maybe 5 players not playing. Apart from being relegated, you wonder how this helps the mending of relationships in Lavey. There are bound to be a significant number of folk in Lavey who are really pissed off at the outcome. This will only have exasperated it.  Because one man couldn't get to control a team his sons played and felt he was let down or embarrassed by people he knows well, he shafted the entire club. I don't see an easy fix unless the main protagonists swallows his/their pride for the greater good. And thats it at the end of the day, you can list the various complaints each have, but when you stand back this is what it boils down to

Because one man couldn't get to control a team
he shafted the entire club

You have clearly picked a side and don't know all the facts my friend.

Rawhide

I don't know the facts and to tell you the truth, I don't want to know. I am certainly not picking sides regardless of how the post looks. But this is what I do know, Lavey as a club will remain. Forget about the individuals involved from all fronts. Lavey, the club are the immovable and the only way this can be resolved is for all the people to put their pride to the one side for the greater good of Lavey. Once they get their heads around that, and perhaps time will be the only thing that allows for that realisation, will this get sorted. Everyone is a loser until that happens.

ahyewillyewillyewill

Quote from: Rawhide on July 24, 2023, 02:00:28 PM
I don't know the facts and to tell you the truth, I don't want to know. I am certainly not picking sides regardless of how the post looks. But this is what I do know, Lavey as a club will remain. Forget about the individuals involved from all fronts. Lavey, the club are the immovable and the only way this can be resolved is for all the people to put their pride to the one side for the greater good of Lavey. Once they get their heads around that, and perhaps time will be the only thing that allows for that realisation, will this get sorted. Everyone is a loser until that happens.

Well, you have decided to throw out a 'fact' that pins the blame solely on one single man.  This is shameful of you to do that.
Everyone living in South Derry knows the following so what I type here is spilling no secrets.

Laveys downfall has not been caused by one man, it has been caused by a power struggle between a small number of families all vying for control and status like something out of medieval Europe.

On one side you have the Downeys and on the other side you have the McGurks, propped up by their underling Mulholland.
The sad thing is that all men once stood shoulder to shoulder in Laveys glory days.

All have upcoming sons competing for places on the team which has no doubt fuelled envy and jealousy.

From speaking to people I know in Lavey last year’s antics have split friendships, torn apart families and left a dull grey cloud hanging over the current senior team.
It is sad for those involved and the pain is real.

And Laveys downfall did not start last year either. 
The dogs on the street know that within Lavey there are a small group of toxic players that have engineered the removal of at least 3 of their previous managers, all organised by their doting dads at the dinner table no doubt.

The following men all fell on their sword, all trying their best to bring their own club to the promised land:

Seamus Downey - Perceived betrayed by his assistant manager and supposed friend and then faced a player revolt that he believed was organised by that said friend. Disheartened, he took his sons and nephews away from a club he was instrumental in helping succeed on the pitch and off. His new club has just narrowly avoided relegation so there is nothing to sing about there.  I would say that with the passage of time he will regret making this move.  He may have had his faults, and a change was maybe needed, but there are better ways to remove a manager than what he believed to be a knife in the back.

Michael Hasson - A well-oiled operation similar to the CIA sponsored 1953 coup d'état that brought down the first, last and only democratically elected president of Iran ensured that he didn't get to complete a full season with the club he stood in goals for all his adult life.  Michael went onto win a championship with Moortown the following year.

John Brennan - Considered the Godfather of Derry football.  Has won more Championships than Tiger Woods has mistresses. An elite highly trained brigade of TikTok sponsored Gen-Z Call of Duty battle hardened players led a charge to remove the most decorated manager in the history of Derry football.  John went onto win a championship with Cargin the following year.

Has the penny dropped for you yet? Have you figured out the real problem?

The people I feel for are the good honest people of Lavey who next year will have to equip themselves with sat navs to navigate to unfamiliar clubs they have never encountered before.
And also, the current management, no doubt the vultures are circling and knives are getting sharpened as the blame game begins....

It is a challenging time for Lavey, but perhaps unity and resilience will pave the way for brighter days ahead.

Silver hill

Aye dead on Séamus.... ::) ::)
Godfather of Derry football...give me a break....please

quit yo jibbajabba

18 posts in and Yewillyewill in the early running for Poster of the Year. I wanna hear more from this guy

ahyewillyewillyewill

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 24, 2023, 05:29:18 PM
18 posts in and Yewillyewill in the early running for Poster of the Year. I wanna hear more from this guy

Did you just assume my gender?
I am offended.

quit yo jibbajabba

I apologise. Dont want to offend, please continue 😃

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Rawhide

Quote from: ahyewillyewillyewill on July 24, 2023, 03:56:47 PM

Well, you have decided to throw out a 'fact' that pins the blame solely on one single man.  This is shameful of you to do that.
Everyone living in South Derry knows the following so what I type here is spilling no secrets.

Laveys downfall has not been caused by one man, it has been caused by a power struggle between a small number of families all vying for control and status like something out of medieval Europe.

On one side you have the Downeys and on the other side you have the McGurks, propped up by their underling Mulholland.
The sad thing is that all men once stood shoulder to shoulder in Laveys glory days.

All have upcoming sons competing for places on the team which has no doubt fuelled envy and jealousy.

From speaking to people I know in Lavey last year's antics have split friendships, torn apart families and left a dull grey cloud hanging over the current senior team.

The dogs on the street know that within Lavey there are a small group of toxic players that have engineered the removal of at least 3 of their previous managers, all organised by their doting dads at the dinner table no doubt.

The following men all fell on their sword, all trying their best to bring their own club to the promised land:

Seamus Downey - Betrayed by his assistant manager and supposed friend and then faced a player revolt organised by that said friend. Disheartened, he took his sons and nephews away from a club he was instrumental in helping succeed on the pitch and off. His new club has just narrowly avoided relegation so there is nothing to sing about there.  I would say that with the passage of time he will regret making this move.  He may have had his faults, and a change was maybe needed, but there are better ways to remove a manager than a knife in the back.

Michael Hasson - A well-oiled operation similar to the CIA sponsored 1953 coup d'état that brought down the first, last and only democratically elected president of Iran ensured that he didn't get to complete a full season with the club he stood in goals for all his adult life.  Michael went onto win a championship with Moortown the following year.

John Brennan - Considered the Godfather of Derry football.  Has won more Championships than Tiger Woods has mistresses. An elite highly trained brigade of TikTok sponsored Gen-Z Call of Duty battle hardened players led a charge to remove the most decorated manager in the history of Derry football.  John went onto win a championship with Cargin the following year.

The people I feel for are the good honest people of Lavey who next year will have to equip themselves with sat navs to navigate to unfamiliar clubs they have never encountered before.
And also, the current management, no doubt the vultures are circling and knives are getting sharpened as the blame game begins....

It is a challenging time for Lavey, but perhaps unity and resilience will pave the way for brighter days ahead.

Thanks, however thats reads like a very one sided perspective, I'm guessing. For balance it would be interesting to hear another view. I'll make a few calls to see the second version of the story, you know the ' there are two sides to every story'

RedHand88

This is great entertainment, please keep it up.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Rawhide on July 24, 2023, 08:35:09 PM
Quote from: ahyewillyewillyewill on July 24, 2023, 03:56:47 PM

From speaking to people I know in Lavey last year's antics have split friendships, torn apart families and left a dull grey cloud hanging over the current senior team.

Seamus Downey - Betrayed by his assistant manager and supposed friend and then faced a player revolt organised by that said friend. Disheartened, he took his sons and nephews away from a club he was instrumental in helping succeed on the pitch and off. His new club has just narrowly avoided relegation so there is nothing to sing about there.  I would say that with the passage of time he will regret making this move.  He may have had his faults, and a change was maybe needed, but there are better ways to remove a manager than a knife in the back.

Thanks, however thats reads like a very one sided perspective, I'm guessing. For balance it would be interesting to hear another view. I'll make a few calls to see the second version of the story, you know the ' there are two sides to every story'

There are three including the truth but find two out at least as this is good reading ;D

Wildweasel74

The Downeys I feel have done a, stupid move. The lads drop off the county scene as they simply not be on the radar. How can you transfer to a team in Antrim when you don't live there. Had any sense should move down the road to greenlough. End of the day they decided to transfer, I say they be favour of the month down Lavey direction there, after getting relegated.

harryR

Would lavey have stayed up if the Downey's didn't transfer? Lavey balinascreen match in the championship will be good value now

ahyewillyewillyewill

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 25, 2023, 12:40:19 AM
The Downeys I feel have done a, stupid move. The lads drop off the county scene as they simply not be on the radar. How can you transfer to a team in Antrim when you don't live there. Had any sense should move down the road to greenlough. End of the day they decided to transfer, I say they be favour of the month down Lavey direction there, after getting relegated.

Here you go Weasel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff5FUoo2YZA&ab_channel=EnglishwithEmma%C2%B7engVid