?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Derryman forever

Quote from: ahyewillyewillyewill on July 21, 2023, 04:32:12 PM
Quote from: Derryman forever on July 21, 2023, 07:23:11 AM
What coaching or managerial experience does Johnny mc Bride have?

Why does one ask?
Are you putting the feelers out for your next club manager?

Something like that.

ahyewillyewillyewill

Quote from: Derryman forever on July 21, 2023, 05:13:51 PM
Quote from: ahyewillyewillyewill on July 21, 2023, 04:32:12 PM
Quote from: Derryman forever on July 21, 2023, 07:23:11 AM
What coaching or managerial experience does Johnny mc Bride have?

Why does one ask?
Are you putting the feelers out for your next club manager?

Something like that.

I cannot say a bad word about him or have I heard a bad word. 
I played against him a long time ago. 
An old fashioned no nonsense hard as f**k player who will take no nonsense from this Gen-Z crowd coming through nowadays.
Good luck.

quit yo jibbajabba

ClubScene13

Are Lavey going to be intermediate league and championship next year?
Or just league?

quit yo jibbajabba

Wildweasel74

Lavey won that game 3 times. Poor game in bad weather, last free for the screen for over carrying I thought was a free out. No. 9 for Lavey is a fair player.

screenexile

I thought we were better team in the second half just didn't take our scores. Then again in the second half of extra time I thought we'd won it.

A few Lavey ones giving out about Sean's free at the end but he gave Lavey a generous amount of time to get that equaliser in injury time of extra time as well.

Overall I thought we were the better of the 2 teams but it wasn't the highest quality game. The closeness made it entertaining to be fair and I'm glad we won it as I think on balance we just about shaded it.

harryR

Massive shock lavey getting relegated. They won't take that well

North Man

Both Lavey and The Screen should be in the top 8 in Derry.
Lavey had their internal issues this past year.
Screen are a joke, one of the largest parishes in Derry and continually delivering nought.
Lavey will bounce back immediately but they will need a sat nav heading to small clubs like Lissan and Craigbane.
It keeps the show interesting for 2024

Wildweasel74

Screen am a Neutral, no interest in either but I said Lavey would played better than you on the night but got little scoring threat.

Estimator

Decent bit of entertainment for a Friday night. Wouldn't have been great quality football though. Good crowd in Glen for the game. Lavey looked very good in the first 5mins, but after that, we were the better side. The goal came at the right time, though another ref might have blown for a free out. He wasn't in control of that game at all. Good to maintain Div1 status, and hopefully we do the same in the C:ship.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Rawhide

Sean Curran put in a disgusting second half performance. Both teams really deserved better. No idea what a foul is, literally making it up as he went along. No one could buy a  free in the middle 15mins regardless of how bad the tackling was, then all of a sudden he started giving frees in complete contrast. This guy is well out of his depth
cccc is a true supporter lol

RedHand88

Quote from: Rawhide on July 22, 2023, 10:58:13 AM
Sean Curran put in a disgusting second half performance. Both teams really deserved better. No idea what a foul is, literally making it up as he went along. No one could buy a  free in the middle 15mins regardless of how bad the tackling was, then all of a sudden he started giving frees in complete contrast. This guy is well out of his depth

Go and do it then. They are crying out for referees.

Wildweasel74

There was one incident where a Lavey player got body checked, I use the term loosely, I thought he was shouldered straight on, after hand passing off, it had be a black, or at least a card of some description, but he played on, probably worst call in the game.

ahyewillyewillyewill

And that's a wrap folks.  Lavey relegated.

As Estimator put it, the match was very entertaining.
Screen hell-bent on showcasing themselves as the worst team in Derry.
Lavey a glorified reserve team with half their players unfamiliar to anyone watching.
Screens only county player totally nullified by a dogged Ciaran Henry putting in a performance that reminded me of the late great Collie McGurk. 
Laveys Toner non existent most of the game apart from popping his head up to clinch a couple of scores at the end.

The referee made several calls that ultimately benefitted Screen and cost Lavey the match.

If my memory serves me right, this is the third time they have been relegated.  They will bounce back.