?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

NotedObserver

Quote from: Will it ever end on July 11, 2023, 01:57:00 AM
Athletic Grounds has a bigger capacity than Omagh - no?

It is. Better ground for a good game imo. Omagh does seem bigger than athletic ground to me though

restorepride

Do you think Chrissy will pick up David Clifford on Sunday?  Or if Clifford operates out the field more, as he will at times, would McEvoy pick him up? 

Mikhailov

F**k me lads, what the hell is going on with your senior league. Final round of fixtures not played at the one time? How is that fair? On about fixing results !!!!

Mal McMullan tweeting results during the week but then says one final game still to be played and it features a team in the relegation picture - FFS

Then to put the tin hat on it, every team has a minimum 6 championship fixtures. Holy mother of God.

restorepride

Quote from: Mikhailov on July 14, 2023, 10:01:56 PM
F**k me lads, what the hell is going on with your senior league. Final round of fixtures not played at the one time? How is that fair? On about fixing results !!!!

Mal McMullan tweeting results during the week but then says one final game still to be played and it features a team in the relegation picture - FFS

Then to put the tin hat on it, every team has a minimum 6 championship fixtures. Holy mother of God.
Who really give a F**k about your league?

Mikhailov

Quote from: restorepride on July 14, 2023, 10:40:47 PM

Come and be involved in it and you will get your answer - all 16 teams give a fu*k who wins and who is relegated - seriously competitive

marty34

Quote from: Mikhailov on July 15, 2023, 02:22:51 AM

Come and be involved in it and you will get your answer - all 16 teams give a fu*k who wins and who is relegated - seriously competitive

Plenty of games anyway. Probably helps the 'smaller clubs' with no county players as they can go at league at full tilt.

Hopefully the south Derry lads give Kerry a good rattle tomorrow.

restorepride

No-one cares who wins the league - never have and never will - and relegation can be circumvented in the boardroom.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: restorepride on July 15, 2023, 11:50:02 AM
No-one cares who wins the league - never have and never will - and relegation can be circumvented in the boardroom.

Screen can't keep doing that though.
There shouldn't be a play-off; seven points between the two teams.

ahyewillyewillyewill

*** MATCH FIXING ALERT ***

*** COLLUSION IS NOT AN ILLUSION ***

Never been much of a fan of Lavey due to the antics of a few bad apples in their mix, but they are a proud GAA club with a tradition of supporting all codes of our great games.

This weekend we have witnessed Bellaghy, Kilrea and Magherafelt all brazenly throw games to ensure Lavey are in a relegation fight...

How a league system is set up and managed to allow something like this to happen is incompetence at its best..

as yer man says, I'd expect this to be sorted in the boardroom.. or else it will be sorted in the courtroom...

Wonder will Mal McMullan tweet his thoughts about this?

Quote from: ahyewillyewillyewill on July 15, 2023, 04:22:26 PM

*** MATCH FIXING ALERT ***

*** COLLUSION IS NOT AN ILLUSION ***

Never been much of a fan of Lavey due to the antics of a few bad apples in their mix, but they are a proud GAA club with a tradition of supporting all codes of our great games.

This weekend we have witnessed Bellaghy, Kilrea and Magherafelt all brazenly throw games to ensure Lavey are in a relegation fight...

How a league system is set up and managed to allow something like this to happen is incompetence at its best..

as yer man says, I'd expect this to be sorted in the boardroom.. or else it will be sorted in the courtroom...

Wonder will Mal McMullan tweet his thoughts about this?
Fair chance he'll put his name to it if he does.
Big win for Lavey last time out too.

quit yo jibbajabba

Man wrote some of it in bold. Must be true..

Wildweasel74

Would Lavey not be more in relegation trouble due to not sorting something out with the Downeys.

Red10

Quote from: marty34 on July 15, 2023, 08:04:29 AM
Quote from: Mikhailov on July 15, 2023, 02:22:51 AM

Plenty of games anyway. Probably helps the 'smaller clubs' with no county players as they can go at league at full tilt.

Hopefully the south Derry lads give Kerry a good rattle tomorrow.

Ah now you must be reading wee Cahir in the Irish News yesterday. There's a Bremuda triangle in south Derry according to him. Outside of that there is no football and not one decent player exists. The motivation is John Hume and the civil rights movement but.  :o

Link

Bellaghy, league winners, 10 down and scoreless with about 40 minutes played against a team in a relegation battle. Laughable carry on.

Sporting integrity completely out the window. Middle finger to their neighbours up the road who will most likely beat screen anyway.

Farce from barker and county board.

I remember about 30 years ago playing against bellaghy in a game we needed to win to stay up, but totally irrelevant to them. They destroyed us. Don't question the integrity of the Wolfe tones. Ever.