?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

BrotherMore6592

4 times since Derry last done it

Wildweasel74

Ah, we don't count back door All-Irelands and a Covid one, sorta evens it up lol.

onefineday

Quote from: screenexile on June 24, 2023, 11:18:35 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 24, 2023, 11:04:31 PM
When's the last time it mattered? Oh right 2001.

You'd have thought last year would matter to them being reigning All Ireland Champions defending their title in their own backyard that and they might have a bit of pride there.

I just don't see where they can make up that 11pt deficit.
Sure they should have been expecting that, didn't the sane happen in '06, they didn't score the first half iirc - did the defending all Ireland champions actually fail to score in a half or have I remembered incorrectly??

restorepride

Quote from: onefineday on June 25, 2023, 08:21:44 AM

You'd have thought last year would matter to them being reigning All Ireland Champions defending their title in their own backyard that and they might have a bit of pride there.

Sure they should have been expecting that, didn't the sane happen in '06, they didn't score the first half iirc - did the defending all Ireland champions actually fail to score in a half or have I remembered incorrectly??
I can't remember them getting a score in that first half but they did get a red card for some reason.

Champion The Wonder Horse

In the same way Monaghan couldn't make up a 9 pt deficit earlier this season?

I'm just glad we're capable of competing with Tyrone again, but the reality is we're the team they want in the qf.

restorepride

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on June 25, 2023, 12:31:19 PM

I'm just glad we're capable of competing with Tyrone again, but the reality is we're the team they want in the qf.
Doire will be ready for them, if that happens.

jmcgdoire

Quote from: restorepride on June 25, 2023, 12:53:07 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on June 25, 2023, 12:31:19 PM

Doire will be ready for them, if that happens.

I think we are a better team than tyrone on any given day but their ceiling is higher. Depends what they bring on the day.

Wildweasel74

Well everybody want avoid Kerry of Dublin. Derry I think get the winners of the days game.

tbrick18

Tyrone will want Derry as they'll see it as their easiest option.
Derry I think will be content to avoid Mayo.
I think we can beat any of the 3, but all depends on the day.
We could get beat by any of the 3 too.

I'd much prefer to get tyrone in an AIF and tank them there.

Wildweasel74

Mayo the strongest of the 4 on that side, Tyrone not wana be getting smoked by Kerry or Dublin. If we play Tyrone, we beat them. We a better team outside of their 2 corner forwards. Still think we draw Cork.

NotedObserver

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 25, 2023, 08:14:16 PM
Mayo the strongest of the 4 on that side, Tyrone not wana be getting smoked by Kerry or Dublin. If we play Tyrone, we beat them. We a better team outsude if their 2 corner forwards. Still think we draw Cork.

Tyrone are a better team in every line except for the half back line

Mario

Quote from: NotedObserver on June 25, 2023, 08:18:17 PM
Mayo the strongest of the 4 on that side, Tyrone not wana be getting smoked by Kerry or Dublin. If we play Tyrone, we beat them. We a better team outsude if their 2 corner forwards. Still think we draw Cork.

We definitely have a better FB line, hb line, midfield and hf line. FF line we have Shane McGuigan who has double Canavans tally this year, but McCurry better than our other ff's.

Despite that I'd like to play a non Ulster team for a bit of variety. Mayo struggled v Louth, Roscommon and Cork so I think we can take them.

Wildweasel74

Played like 5 Ulster teams in 6 championship games, and Clare, abit wearied having played them 4 times in 2yrs.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Couldn't argue with that. Far stronger bench too. Hope we can get within ten points of you then, so.

restorepride

Lines are really important now - especially the yellow line down McCurry's jersey.