10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Brendan

It's all over Facebook, the wife accusing him of horrible things

sam03/05

No way he can be on a sideline with those allegations
Disgraceful read

Jeepers Creepers

Just read quite a detailed social media post from someone claiming to be a victim of domestic violence. Horrible reading if true.

tbrick18

Just saw the post.
If true, its jail he should be in. Maybe I've been living under a rock but I hadn't heard stories about him good or bad.
But as we all know, social media content isn't exactly trustworthy so I'd reserve judgement until facts come out.

Not sure what the legalities are, but I'd imagine unless there is a police investigation then you could sack someone based on social media posts. Albeit, gaa don't employ as such. It's a difficult situation.

sam03/05

Yeah you must have been under a rock a good while.

ck

Quote from: sam03/05 on May 10, 2023, 11:50:14 AM
No way he can be on a sideline with those allegations
Disgraceful read

Surely Derry county board will have to give him the road?

SaffronSports

I'd say they have to suspend him pending an investigation at least.

WT4E

How do the women of Derry feel at the minute with the lack of clarity from the Derry Co Board.

Should they hand back there tickets for Sundays game and leave it a man only sport now?

ck

Quote from: WT4E on May 11, 2023, 12:13:12 PM
How do the women of Derry feel at the minute with the lack of clarity from the Derry Co Board.

Should they hand back there tickets for Sundays game and leave it a man only sport now?

That would be a fairly reasonable and understandable response.
Derry Co. Board must stand up and do something here. I know if this happened in my club he'd be told where to go.

uimhr ocht

These allegations seem to be investigated previously and Derry county board released a statement and Gallagher so you can agree or disagree depending on your opinion about those statements  and its  time to start talking about the Game now,50/50 GAME  bookies have Doire slight favs it wil depend on the matchups Who Chrissy picks up, Rodgers tracking who,clucky mayb half back lots of interesting battles throughout ,looking forward to it.

WT4E

Harvey probably would have wanted to talk about the movies too.

I defo wouldn't want my daughter in the crowd supporting my county if the manager was embroiled in this and the county board where turning a blind eye through a half hearted statement.

uimhr ocht

Tyrone lads  posting about the right thing to do lol,If i remember loads of online rumours about previous ex manager and player circulating on a social platform did they stop supporting Tyrone then dont think so.

JohnDenver

At what stage will Malachy O'Rourke be approached for the bainisteoir bib next year?

Granted that if Ciaran Meenagh leads us to the holy grail he will get the gig for another year..... 8)

LC

Perfect man for the job, probably giving it one more lash with Glen to go for the big one this year. 

In his time with Glen he would have gained great knowledge of the Derry club scene, that combined with the county team already being in good place means he would be able to hit the ground running.

However I would not be surprised if Donegal have not reached out to him already.

Mario

Is anyone else worried about the effect this will have on the team? RG seems much more involved than other managers in the big counties that seem to have massive backroom teams and the manager is nearly just a figurehead. Gallagher seemed to do everything for the past 4 years and this team know nothing else but his style of play so I hope it's not too unsettling. We should have enough quality to win this group but you expect a reaction from Monaghan next Saturday.

Agree with Malachy O'Rourke as the obvious candidate. I wouldn't worry about Donegal, surely any manager would pick Derry over them at the minute.