?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: JoG2 on April 16, 2022, 02:44:54 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on April 16, 2022, 02:17:08 PM
Quote from: referee on April 13, 2022, 10:35:32 AM
Quote from: Ghost+Tommy on April 13, 2022, 10:32:49 AM
Heard C Mc Fall told the management what £ he was being offered in the states and wanted it matched,,reason for him getting told too get too fxxk
if this indeed is true,RG and Derry County Board have to be applauded

Would it be more that RG is getting?

A WhatsApp story if there ever was one. And why would anyone think Rory Gallagher would have any say in CB finances? Some mad hoors about!

Excellent contribution.

Wildweasel74

Players starting to drop off before championship not good, Gallagher used the same subs time and again and did not use the panel better against weaker teams. Players like McAvoy, J Doherty, should been seeming some game time, if players get injured then your panel replacements would be coming in undercooked. The Derry bench starting to look very weak.

Silver hill

Gallagher is absolutely flogging those players at the minute.
The Gallagher project is slowly unraveling.
This is what he does. Starts throwing stones when the heat is on. The mcfaul comments after he left the panel were disgusting and unwarranted. Talk about throwing someone under a bus.
Mcfaul owes Derry absolutely nothing after 11 years of unbroken commitment.

lenny

Quote from: Silver hill on April 17, 2022, 02:16:33 PM
Gallagher is absolutely flogging those players at the minute.
The Gallagher project is slowly unraveling.
This is what he does. Starts throwing stones when the heat is on. The mcfaul comments after he left the panel were disgusting and unwarranted. Talk about throwing someone under a bus.
Mcfaul owes Derry absolutely nothing after 11 years of unbroken commitment.

Are you nuts? He didn't say anything bad about mcfaul at all as far as I could see. Gallagher has taken Derry to a completely different level in the last couple of seasons. We were extremely unlucky not to be back in division 1 after getting the record number of points ever for a non promoted team. Apart from one bad performance v Galway we've been very consistent for the last couple of seasons. There are players we all feel could've got more game time but he's the man seeing them in training. The players who stick at it will get their chance.

Silver hill

'Ciaran's form this year has not been what he would expect of himself'
That's what he said. Talk about loyalty!
He's been injured for the best part of the year yet when he did play he was still our best player.
Players are forbidden from kicking the ball in training- fact.
Who wants to play in that type of restrictive football. Certainly not a player of Mcfaul's calibre and vision.
Derry will run Tyrone close  and might even slip a win but that's only because Tyrone are poor at the minute. We won't win Ulster unless the style of football changes.

lenny

Quote from: Silver hill on April 17, 2022, 02:56:13 PM
He's been injured for the best part of the year yet when he did play he was still our best player.
Who wants to play in that type of restrictive football. Certainly not a player of Mcfaul's calibre and vision.
Derry will run Tyrone close  and might even slip a win but that's only because Tyrone are poor at the minute. We won't win Ulster unless the style of football changes.

And you think that's a bad comment. He's simply saying that mcfaul is an outstanding player at his best and wasn't at that standard this year. As far as I could see he wasn't dwelling on mcfaul leaving and seemed to be concentrating more on the players staying. As far as the style of play goes I've enjoyed the games I've seen this year apart from Galway. It's a results business and Gallagher is responsible for a vast improvement. There are probably a few managers out there who could do better but not that many and there are plenty who would do a lot worse.

restorepride

Quote from: Silver hill on April 17, 2022, 02:56:13 PM
We won't win Ulster without more quality forwards. Maybe Gallagher is to blame for all failings since 1998? I mean the cheek of him winning matches and making the team competitive again - in Division 2. Disgraceful!

Silver hill

Yip. You're correct. The history books will show we won all our div 4 league games and then did the same in 3. The crazy appointment of Mcerlean by Mcivor took us to a place we never should have been so promotions out of 4 and then 3 were expected.
A cursory look at the fixtures for this year's league and anyone with even a passing interest in Gaelic football in Derry would have realised that the final 3 games would be the real tests. The draw in Roscommon was credible, the Galway game was a capitulation and embarrassing for us. There is no other way of describing it.
Championship defeats to Armagh and Donegal are in there to be dissected as well.
Flogging players is a short term philosophy that can only end badly. Players aren't stupid. They know when a manager has thrown a player under the bus.
As I said earlier, I think we will be competitive against Tyrone but that style of football will only take a team so far. Fear of losing as opposed to having a crack at it....the problem here is the manager actually doesn't trust ANY of his players.

Wildweasel74

Manager threw no one under a bus, its not the first time he dropped off to go to America, I can't understand how gaa rules allow u to play for different club teams in the same year, if u playing for a club in America u should not be able to return and play for u club team in the same year. Derry past 10+yrs always got guys going to America, Tyrone never had that problem. Donegal had lads going that direction for long term work not fball.

restorepride

Quote from: Silver hill on April 18, 2022, 12:20:43 PM
Yip. You're correct. The history books will show we won all our div 4 league games and then did the same in 3. The crazy appointment of Mcerlean by Mcivor took us to a place we never should have been so promotions out of 4 and then 3 were expected.
A cursory look at the fixtures for this year's league and anyone with even a passing interest in Gaelic football in Derry would have realised that the final 3 games would be the real tests. The draw in Roscommon was credible, the Galway game was a capitulation and embarrassing for us. There is no other way of describing it.
Championship defeats to Armagh and Donegal are in there to be dissected as well.
Flogging players is a short term philosophy that can only end badly. Players aren't stupid. They know when a manager has thrown a player under the bus.
As I said earlier, I think we will be competitive against Tyrone but that style of football will only take a team so far. Fear of losing as opposed to having a crack at it....the problem here is the manager actually doesn't trust ANY of his players.
The arrogance of this post speaks for itself. Doire we're in Div 4 because they weren't good enough to stay in Div 3. Fact.

restorepride

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 18, 2022, 12:38:51 PM
Manager threw no one under a bus, its not the first time he dropped off to go to America, I can't understand how gaa rules allow u to play for different club teams in the same year, if u playing for a club in America u should not be able to return and play for u club team in the same year. Derry past 10+yrs always got guys going to America, Tyrone never had that problem. Donegal had lads going that direction for long term work not fball.
I agree. McFaul had the chance to stay on the bus, he chose to get off. Good luck to him.

marty34

How long is Gallagher's contract for?

He'll be in charge in Div. 2 next season. Probably be under pressure to get promoted after coming close this year. With the Dubs there, maybe only 1 spot available?

Quote from: restorepride on April 18, 2022, 01:02:46 PM
The arrogance of this post speaks for itself. Doire we're in Div 4 because they weren't good enough to stay in Div 3. Fact.

I would contend that silver hill's post contains much more realism than arrogance.

restorepride

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on April 18, 2022, 04:33:47 PM
Quote from: restorepride on April 18, 2022, 01:02:46 PM

I would contend that silver hill's post contains much more realism than arrogance.
"The manager doesn't trust ANY of the players" is realism?! The post tries to undermine the progress Derry have made in the last two years and that is very unfair on both manager and players.

Progress back from a place we never should have been to a place we never should have dropped below?

Bit to go yet before pride is fully restored.