Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

restorepride

Good luck to Baile Stíl in Ulster final tomorrow - now at An Abhainn Bheag, not Glen.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Glen pitch very poor few weeks back at camogie final. Steelstown to win by 7. Congratulations Banagher!

JoG2

A dogged win there, congrats Steelstown. By far the better team in the 2nd half. Serious fitness levels.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on January 09, 2022, 01:36:27 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 08, 2022, 07:51:16 PM
Glen pitch very poor few weeks back at camogie final. Steelstown to win by 7. Congratulations Banagher!
Will they even score 7 points ffs?

What a half  ::)

Doesn't matter. They won.well done . Sour grapes

Wildweasel74

Managers promoting that style of fball should be jettisoned. There for the money and not promoting the game.That's why am glad Jim McGuinness not involved in the Gaa any more. I remember 30yrs ago when Moortown had a football team. They 44 players stripped there today, and the reason they at intermediate is playing that shit.

restorepride

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on January 09, 2022, 03:57:05 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 09, 2022, 02:29:30 PM

I'm not sure how a post at half-time when Steelstown were 3-1 down could be considered sour grapes.
Nor why I, as someone from neither club nor representative county, would have sour grapes about Steelstown beating Moortown.

But there you are..... ::)
Was a cheap shot though - knowing that Moortown had parked 2 busses and came not to lose, rather than to win.

restorepride

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 09, 2022, 02:53:07 PM
Managers promoting that style of fball should be jettisoned. There for the money and not promoting the game.That's why am glad Jim McGuinness not involved in the Gaa any more. I remember 30yrs ago when Moortown had a football team. They 44 players stripped there today, and the reason they at intermediate is playing that shit.
Totally agree.

quit yo jibbajabba

Think some need to learn what sour grapes and cheap shot actually mean 😃
He was right. They didnt even score 7 points. And a half of football which ends 3 1 wont go down as a classic.
Steelstown wont give a fiddlers. Well done to them great to see.

restorepride

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 09, 2022, 04:20:18 PM

It was a cheap shot at half time in a match - also knowing that Steelstown scored 5-13 the last day out.
He was right. They didnt even score 7 points. And a half of football which ends 3 1 wont go down as a classic.
It was a cheap shot - at half time in a brutal match, mainly the making of Moortown. Steelstown scored 5-13 last day so go work it out.

NatSoSaff

Quote from: restorepride on January 09, 2022, 04:29:15 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 09, 2022, 04:20:18 PM

It was a cheap shot at half time in a match - also knowing that Steelstown scored 5-13 the last day out.
It was a cheap shot - at half time in a brutal match, mainly the making of Moortown. Steelstown scored 5-13 last day so go work it out.

Jesus man relax! I think the jibe was more at Moortown's defensive set-up here ( if there even was a Jibe!)

Well done steelstown. Well deserved

restorepride

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on January 09, 2022, 04:33:42 PM
Asking if they will score 7 points in a game where they had only scored 1 in half of it a cheap shot......

Headers everywhere  ::)
Ag caint le duine éigin eile?!  It was a cheap shot at half time in an Ulster final. Done now, live with it nó go dtí an diabhail leat.

On to more important matters, congrats to Steelstown on a very deserved victory. Great boost for the Gaels of the city who were out in force today.  They probably should have been ahead at first water break in second half - McCarron's lack of accuracy could have cost them. Showed great resolve to get over the line and maturity with such a young team. Honestly feel sorry for any Moortown player who wanted to win an Ulster medal today and was prevented from playing football when it mattered - by a 'style' of play that was never going to be successful on the day.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I'm not sure how a post at half-time when Steelstown were 3-1 down could be considered sour grapes.
Nor why I, as someone from neither club nor representative county, would have sour grapes about Steelstown beating Moortown.

It just looked like you had been sitting waiting to reply to that since I posted. Looked odd for someone not exactly a prolific poster. Anyhow got them at 45-1 after Derry championship with Paddy Power.yeooo

Ghost

Quote from: restorepride on January 09, 2022, 05:44:14 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on January 09, 2022, 04:33:42 PM
Asking if they will score 7 points in a game where they had only scored 1 in half of it a cheap shot......

Headers everywhere  ::)
Ag caint le duine éigin eile?!  It was a cheap shot at half time in an Ulster final. Done now, live with it nó go dtí an diabhail leat.

On to more important matters, congrats to Steelstown on a very deserved victory. Great boost for the Gaels of the city who were out in force today.  They probably should have been ahead at first water break in second half - McCarron's lack of accuracy could have cost them. Showed great resolve to get over the line and maturity with such a young team. Honestly feel sorry for any Moortown player who wanted to win an Ulster medal today and was prevented from playing football when it mattered - by a 'style' of play that was never going to be successful on the day.

F*ck that. Players have a big enough say in tactics and gameplans these days that they should be able to stand up and say they don't want to play that way. Senior players especially. Just as guilty as the manager IMO

JoG2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 09, 2022, 05:57:56 PM

It just looked like you had been sitting waiting to reply to that since I posted. Looked odd for someone not exactly a prolific poster. Anyhow got them at 45-1 after Derry championship with Paddy Power.yeooo

Money goes to money

Steelstown will play the winners of Na Gaeil Tralee and Corofin (Clare).

Hammer

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 08, 2022, 06:39:59 PM
As much as it's a, good sign young lads are coming through I was always a believer that the best players standing out in club championship should get a chance. Some of those lads to me are still too young yet. We taking guys of a year out from minor teams without letting grow into their age group at U20, Players like Fergal Doherty(19), Niall McCusker,(18)Ciaran McFaul,(18/19) Tohill,(20) & Heaney (19) coming onto a senior team at a very young age were an exception, not the norm.
[/b]

These lads have won a Minor All-Ireland - are they not worthy of being promoted straight into senior panel?