Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

bannside

If you're going for Conor Glass after one year you must include Gareth McKindless.

quit yo jibbajabba

Good man Lenny for havin a stab. Id fire in C McNally and C McFaul into the discussion straightaway

lenny

Quote from: bannside on November 18, 2021, 03:42:27 PM
If you're going for Conor Glass after one year you must include Gareth McKindless.

Possibly in at corner back for mcbride. Close call

lenny

Quote from: toby47 on November 18, 2021, 03:14:55 PM
Quote from: lenny on November 18, 2021, 02:18:37 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on November 17, 2021, 12:51:21 PM
Almost impossible task, but I'd go for Muldoon, Doherty and Bradley.

A better discussion would be to pick a post 93 team that would be better man for man than 93.

O Lynch

Lockhart
McCloy
McBride

McFlynn
McKaigue
SL McGoldrick

Doherty
C Glass

Muldoon
J McBride
Skinner

P Bradley
SMcGuigan
D Heavron

No Mark Lynch Lenny?

In hindsight maybe Lynch for Danny. It's close but maybe Lynch because of longevity. McFaul also probably could slot in there probably just ahead of J McBride who was a better leader in the team than player.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Would agree with a lot of lenny's team, but Lynch is a definite. As would Patsy be. McNally is a good shot, but his career was too short. A good 2022 and McFaul would overtake several. Similar for mckinless. I know Glass is the exception to this, but I'd have him in already. Couple of spaces at the back that I'd be happy enough for Johnny McBride and Sean Leo to slot in. Genuinely no idea about the keeper, despite a few long serving candidates.

A keeper

Lockhart, McCloy, J McBride
McFlynn, McKaigue, Sean Leo
Patsy, Doc
Lynch, Enda, Glass
Paddy, McGuigan, Skinner

bannside

Dont be expecting any Christmas cards from Ballinderry lol.

Here's an outsider's take.

Mallon
Mc Kinless  Mc Keague Lockhart
Mc Flynn Mc Bride  Sean Leo
Conor Glass Big Fergal
Johnny Bird Man Mark
Paddy Muldoon Skinner

Some very close calls to be fair.

theticklemister

Terrible news about Sean Mellon.  What a great servant to to the city.

theticklemister

Plus, I thought youse lads knew something about Gaelic football in the county, but by looking at some of these team, youse don't have a baldies.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: theticklemister on November 19, 2021, 12:47:27 AM

Thanks Tickle. A Gael to the bone

lenny

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on November 18, 2021, 09:09:31 PM
Would agree with a lot of lenny's team, but Lynch is a definite. As would Patsy be. McNally is a good shot, but his career was too short. A good 2022 and McFaul would overtake several. Similar for mckinless. I know Glass is the exception to this, but I'd have him in already. Couple of spaces at the back that I'd be happy enough for Johnny McBride and Sean Leo to slot in. Genuinely no idea about the keeper, despite a few long serving candidates.

A keeper

Lockhart, McCloy, J McBride
McFlynn, McKaigue, Sean Leo
Patsy, Doc
Lynch, Enda, Glass
Paddy, McGuigan, Skinner

Good team also. I considered Enda lynn as well, good player but he was behind Dermot Dougan who was a really good player at chf. Always had time on the ball no matter the game, if he'd scored just a bit more he'd have been the complete chf. I didn't consider Mcnally at all, good enough player but he just didn't commit himself to Derry for whatever reason. How could anyone pick someone who wasn't committed. Gilligan was another really good player although his best football was with his club.

shantygael

Quote from: theticklemister on November 19, 2021, 12:47:27 AM
[/quote
Sad news alright,  a gael to the core. May he rest in peace.
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

tbrick18

I'll qualify this by saying up front that there are some positions where i think we haven't had a better player than on the 93 team.
Names, GK and CHB. That being said, here's my stab at it.

O Lynch
SML McCloy D McBride
McFlynn J McBride SeanLeo
Doc
Glass
Lynch Paul Murphy Skinner
P.Bradley Muldoon Geoffery

Let's be honest, we are unlikely to get a player better than Tohill.
Damien McCusker in goals hasn't really had a challenger until now I think.
Kevin McGuckian could easily take any of those defensive positions too.
Paul Murphy was a great footballer, could win his own ball, take a man on and score from distance.
I think the full back line I picked there would seriously challenge the 93 team.
The 93 half back like was our strongest line and we certainly haven't had a CHB to compare to Henry Downey....McKinless might be the that player though. I gave it to Johnny McBride as he played a number of positions and was a strong strong player and good captain.
I always loved to see big Geoffrey on, I scared other teams and got goals. We haven't been blessed with naturally talented forwards but I think the FF line I picked were all natural forwards.
Lynch and Skinner speak for themselves.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: tbrick18 on November 19, 2021, 02:59:03 PM
I'll qualify this by saying up front that there are some positions where i think we haven't had a better player than on the 93 team.
Names, GK and CHB. That being said, here's my stab at it.

O Lynch
SML McCloy D McBride
McFlynn J McBride SeanLeo
Doc
Glass
Lynch Paul Murphy Skinner
P.Bradley Muldoon Geoffery

Let's be honest, we are unlikely to get a player better than Tohill.
Damien McCusker in goals hasn't really had a challenger until now I think.
Kevin McGuckian could easily take any of those defensive positions too.
Paul Murphy was a great footballer, could win his own ball, take a man on and score from distance.
I think the full back line I picked there would seriously challenge the 93 team.
The 93 half back like was our strongest line and we certainly haven't had a CHB to compare to Henry Downey....McKinless might be the that player though. I gave it to Johnny McBride as he played a number of positions and was a strong strong player and good captain.
I always loved to see big Geoffrey on, I scared other teams and got goals. We haven't been blessed with naturally talented forwards but I think the FF line I picked were all natural forwards.
Lynch and Skinner speak for themselves.

Forgot mcguckin. Into full back line he goes with mcbride out to 7 for Sean Leo.

And to clarify, if clarification was needed, the Enda on my team is Muldoon.

quit yo jibbajabba

I'll throw a spanner in the works - original post was a team  to match the 93 team.....was Karl Diamond in the squad but not the team and then only became a starter in 94?

Id also have McGuckin in there

BackInTheGame

Was surprised no McGuckin in most teams.  He was lethal.  McCloy is the obvious pick at 3 but I always had a soft spot for big Niall McCusker, to be honest I'd probably pick him.  Rogers isn't far off himself though.

Barry Gillis

Kevin McGuckin - Niall McCusker - Sean Marty

Paul McFlynn - McKaigue - Sean Leo

Fergal Doherty - Patsy Bradley

Ciaran McFaul - Mark Lynch - Skinner

Enda Muldoon - Shane McGuigan - Paddy Bradley

We've had some left footer full forwards over the years.