National airlines to operate from Belfast Airports

Started by An Fear Rua, July 25, 2007, 11:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Rua

Airlines to begin Belfast flights 

The Irish national airline is to begin flights from Belfast
Aer Lingus is to begin flights from Belfast international airport to London Heathrow in August,It is understood the airline will operate four flights a day in each direction.

Meanwhile, another Irish airline, Ryanair, is expected to announce new routes to the UK and mainland Europe.

The budget airline plans to operate from George Best Belfast City Airport and has been in talks with the airport.

Ryanair already operates from City of Derry airport. Rival airline Easyjet operates out of Belfast International.

Its Grim up North

T Fearon

Good to see the two Irish airlines operating from the airports across the six counties, all part of the induction plan, and something no doubt negotiated as part of the political deal. ;D

GweylTah

Excellent news, more choice.

What's not reported here is that Aer Lingus is likely to use Aldergrove as its UK hub, but then that wouldn't suit the agenda.

As I said, good news.

girt_giggler

Good news, provide abit more competition again with Easyjet etc, who ive noticed arent as cheap as they used to be. Although in saying that i booked 2 flights to liverpool the other day for November with them for 2 adults, came to £130 in total roughly.  Just punched in the same dates there with Ryanair to Liverpool and was £215!

magickingdom

Quote from: GweylTah on July 25, 2007, 11:55:33 AM
What's not reported here is that Aer Lingus is likely to use Aldergrove as its UK hub, but then that wouldn't suit the agenda.

what agenda would that be? it certainly wouldn't be a profit seeking agenda as that would be one dumb place to have a hub. but you knew that didn't you...

An Fear Rua

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 25, 2007, 12:34:40 PM
Does Aer Lingus have a UK agenda?
It will be handy for people flying home to see games in Booby Sands Park  ;)

Oh its good to see the Greener,Greener grass of home......
Its Grim up North

Star Spangler

QuoteAldergrove as its UK hub
:D
What would an airline need a "UK hub" for?  A European Hub I can understand...

magpie seanie

T Fearon

10,000 £10 Ryanair flights to celebrate the new routes! That means you can go and see the Celts for £20 in Glasgow aboard the Tim Trident! ;D

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on July 25, 2007, 03:15:46 PM
10,000 £10 Ryanair flights to celebrate the new routes! That means you can go and see the Celts for £20 in Glasgow aboard the Tim Trident! ;D

and that includes the tax :)
Testing Accessibility

girt_giggler

none of these flights are FROM belfast though from what i can see, although some flights TO Belfast you can get for £10