Sigerson

Started by GalwayBayBoy, November 20, 2019, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawshank

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 11, 2022, 09:12:07 AM
Quote from: Rudi on February 02, 2022, 01:43:54 PM
Quote from: galwayman on February 02, 2022, 01:27:11 PM
Take a lad like Sean Kelly or Matthew Tierney.
4 games in 9 days between Sigerson and NFL from last Sunday to next Monday inclusive.
Crazy.

The wife has a nephew on an u20 inter county development squad. He has Sigerson, club commitments too. Training / Games at moment is 5 to 6 times a week, he also does weights in his parents garage on the free nights. He had to give up his part time job, which was part funding his third level education. The man never stops. I worry about all this, can't see how players can do this medium to long term. He has no social outlet a part from his football & limited enough time in college.
Crazy. He needs to prioritise one and more needs done by the GAA here, lads playing sigerson shouldnt be allowed to play county at the same time.

players need to take responsibility and make better choices

Mayo4Sam14

Lots of talk about sigerson, but these lads don't need to be playing Allianz league every week while sigerson is on imo
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Rossfan

Club and County teams are for playing with, College teams are only a side issue to the main purpose of those Institutions.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mayo4Sam14

Any ex footballer will you tell you how important sigerson is to a developing young player both in terms of ability and social development. Nobody should be deprived of that. Allianz league is for trying things out, nobody remembers Allianz league when all Ireland qf time rolls around.
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

smort

Is Jerome streaming it tonight?

Edit: I see tg4 are showing it. Programming starts at 7.20

tiempo

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on February 12, 2022, 10:39:19 PM
Any ex footballer will you tell you how important sigerson is to a developing young player both in terms of ability and social development. Nobody should be deprived of that. Allianz league is for trying things out, nobody remembers Allianz league when all Ireland qf time rolls around.

Honestly, cop on.

Blowitupref

UL 0-3 NUIG 0-3 at half time. Awful night for football

15 mins to play UL 0-3 NUIG 0-9.  Serious impact off the bench from Roscommon forward Cathal Heneghan

Goal for UL from a penalty totally against the run of play 1-3 to 0-9.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

imtommygunn

Very one sided.

I had hoped for a bit of a show by Clifford but they can't get the ball near him.

greatpoint

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 16, 2022, 08:29:32 PM
Very one sided.

I had hoped for a bit of a show by Clifford but they can't get the ball near him.

He fluffed a few shots early on in the first half anyway.

Tatler Jack

Very one sided.

Not one sided now - only a point in it

Tubberman

Should that have been a penalty?
I thought it was only a footblock if the opposing player blocked the ball while attacking player was in the process of kicking the ball.
The block didn't happen until after it was kicked by UL player
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Armagh18

Very one sided.

His shooting has been awful, serious wides although it really is an awful night for football.

imtommygunn

Not his best night looking at it.

Didn't see it closely enough tubberman.

Wildweasel74

It's a foot block. See that lad Walsh come on. He was a very good Kerry minor who seemed to have disappeared. Was he in America or Australia or the like? Football poor, though terrible night. Limerick don't seem to be a overly strong team, surprised they made it to a final.