Sigerson

Started by GalwayBayBoy, November 20, 2019, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam14

Anyone watching the NUIG match? Shocking ref. I don't think I've ever seen a ref so blatantly just keep playing until one team equalised, must've been 6 minutes played without any notable stoppages during the match. And not to mind the frees, at least three frees given in extra time for a player who just put the head down, overcarried, barged into a player, and fell over.
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: smort on February 10, 2022, 07:21:01 PM
Ref played for a draw there. Although Tierney should have been doing better with that Galway free

Probably should've done better alright, I thought he'd put it dead one way or another, but he surely thought it was the last kick of the game, like any other sane person watching it

smort

Referee's watch must be running slow

Blowitupref

Half time in extra time. NUIG 0-15 MTUK 0-12
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Mayo4Sam14

It's a good thing that MTU scored that free the ref engineered for them at the end of the first of ET or he would've had to play another ten minutes added time. Kerry boys being Kerry boys starting a scrap at the end too.

Mayo4Sam14

I'm not sure I've seen many worse refereeing performances than this ever. Inexplicable free against the keeper and then he had barely gotten the ball on tee and thrown up for time wasting

smort

Very embarrassing for the 3 County men there

Blowitupref

FT after extra time. NUIG win 0-18 MTUK 0-15. Three red cards for the Kerry students in injury time of extra time.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Mayo4Sam14

Four red cards for MTU, the Kerry players don't play any different for college than they do for county

Gael85

Kerry lads lost the head there. Referee was keeping them in the game.

Blowitupref

In the second semi final at half time UL 0-7 DCU 0-6

FT UL 0-14 DCU 0-11. Final next Wednesday.

An Fhairche Abu

Shocking refereeing in ordinary time, the last free to bring it to ET was surely just a dive? Amusing to hear the Kerry fans giving out to the ref about the red cards when the only reason they were still in the game was his performance. Shouting about "common sense" and Brosnan after elbowing Gill in the head, bizarre stuff.

Maroon Manc

Only caught extra time, who was the ref? Some of the frees Kerry got during ET were a joke, read afterwards they only scored 3 points from play in over 90 mins of football, think he played well over 3 minutes if injury time in the first half of extra time alone.

Armagh18

Quote from: toby47 on February 02, 2022, 02:08:51 PM
Quote from: Rudi on February 02, 2022, 01:43:54 PM
Quote from: galwayman on February 02, 2022, 01:27:11 PM
Take a lad like Sean Kelly or Matthew Tierney.
4 games in 9 days between Sigerson and NFL from last Sunday to next Monday inclusive.
Crazy.

The wife has a nephew on an u20 inter county development squad. He has Sigerson, club commitments too. Training / Games at moment is 5 to 6 times a week, he also does weights in his parents garage on the free nights. He had to give up his part time job, which was part funding his third level education. The man never stops. I worry about all this, can't see how players can do this medium to long term. He has no social outlet a part from his football & limited enough time in college.

Listen to Paudi Hampsey on todays BBC Social GAA Podcast. He openly says he loses out on income to play for Tyrone. He's a self employed personal trainer in his gym. He also mentions he didn't goto a yoga session on Monday after Monaghan game, presumably because he didn't want to miss another evenings work. It's happening all over the country.
Do you really think lads like him aren't getting looked after? I wouldnt be too worried.

Armagh18

Quote from: Rudi on February 02, 2022, 01:43:54 PM
Quote from: galwayman on February 02, 2022, 01:27:11 PM
Take a lad like Sean Kelly or Matthew Tierney.
4 games in 9 days between Sigerson and NFL from last Sunday to next Monday inclusive.
Crazy.

The wife has a nephew on an u20 inter county development squad. He has Sigerson, club commitments too. Training / Games at moment is 5 to 6 times a week, he also does weights in his parents garage on the free nights. He had to give up his part time job, which was part funding his third level education. The man never stops. I worry about all this, can't see how players can do this medium to long term. He has no social outlet a part from his football & limited enough time in college.
Crazy. He needs to prioritise one and more needs done by the GAA here, lads playing sigerson shouldnt be allowed to play county at the same time.