Retirements

Started by Maroon Manc, July 09, 2018, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Halfquarter on January 23, 2023, 12:51:41 PM
David Moran has retired.
His display in Limerick in 14 v Mayo was awsome.

Great career outstanding midfielder going out on a high. Surprised he left it so late or maybe Kerry knew long before the media was told?

rosnarun

Quote from: oakleaflad on January 23, 2023, 02:10:30 PM
David Moran has retired.
Rare thing to say about a Kerry player but I almost think he was underrated. Brilliant player.

no one in Mayo underrated him Top Class midfielder
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

From the Bunker

David Moran has retired.

That display had to contain the caveat that Cormac Reilly refereed the game and let Kerry do what ever they liked.

seafoid

I thought he would stay on for another year. It's a big loss for Kerry.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Blowitupref

Quote from: seafoid on January 23, 2023, 06:49:00 PM
I thought he would stay on for another year. It's a big loss for Kerry.
Thought so too. Was moving well in the recent club AI semi final in Croke Park.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

whitey

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 23, 2023, 05:29:51 PM
David Moran has retired.

That display had to contain the caveat that Cormac Reilly refereed the game and let Kerry do what ever they liked.

How many cards did Reilly bottled when it came to Kerry players that day?

Has to go down as the worst refereeing display in history

Gooch gets a free almost on the sideline and when Reilly turned his back followed him in almost to right in front of the goal

A fvckin disgrace (but we would still probably have figured out a way to lose the final)

Gael85

Quote from: whitey on January 23, 2023, 08:37:07 PM
David Moran has retired.

How many cards did Reilly bottled when it came to Kerry players that day?

Has to go down as the worst refereeing display in history

Gooch gets a free almost on the sideline and when Reilly turned his back followed him in almost to right in front of the goal

A fvckin disgrace (but we would still probably have figured out a way to lose the final)

Gooch wasn't playing that day. I think it was Barry John Keane that got the free.

Halfquarter

David Moran has retired.

Very true, even the crowd will admit  to this day that they got away with murder.

Ulster Frank

Robbie Kiely Tipperary retired.

Blowitupref

Jason Doherty  After 12 years on the  Mayo senior county panel.  62 championship appearances in total for Mayo, scoring 6-49. He made his championship debut against London in May 2011.  Made 70 league appearances in all with Mayo.

His final outing came this summer against Dublin in the All-Ireland quarter-final at Croke Park.

In a statement, Doherty said: "Playing for Mayo has been a huge honour for me since I first pulled on the jersey as a Mayo minor in 2007. I am so thankful for the experiences I've had and the memories I've made over the last 13 years.

"There were so many ups and downs along the way, but I feel incredibly lucky to have shared a dressing room with a bunch of highly driven, ambitious and talented guys who have now become friends for life.

"There are so many people who helped me along the way, including my club Burrishoole, the management teams who trusted me to wear the green and red jersey and every teammate I've has since 2011 who motivated me to max out on my efforts to reach a shared goal."
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: trailer on January 10, 2023, 10:40:41 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 10, 2023, 10:22:07 AM
What a player, probably the best defender I've seen.

f**king hell here we go again. The Best Ever. Unrivalled. No Equals.

The important bit of that is underlined ye muppet.

Their opinion based on what they've seen. Not telling you what your GOAT should be.
i usse an speelchekor

Cunny Funt

Kevin McLoughlin made his v Westmeath in 2009 in the NFL and made his championship debut the same year against New York in the Bronx.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 26, 2023, 03:28:57 PM
Kevin McLoughlin made his v Westmeath in 2009 in the NFL and made his championship debut the same year against New York in the Bronx.

One of the cleverest players to play the game. Great awareness of space. Completely under-rated. You see players like Donnchadh Walsh get an All Star and not this lad and you think WTF.

seafoid

Richie Hogan, Kilkenny
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU