11-Plus Proposal

Started by spiritof91and94, May 16, 2008, 12:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

Quote from: FermGael on June 05, 2020, 08:15:42 PM
Loreto and Omagh CBS have both dropped the 11 plus for next year.
They had started a phased reduction of  of academic selection this year , 25 % on Sub criteria , 75% exam result

JimStynes

Quote from: delgany on June 05, 2020, 04:01:04 PM
Rathmore, Knock Aquinas & St.Malachys turned down A's this year and they had their admission number increased.

Wasn't aware of that. I had a boy who was in the top 5% that didn't get his place in Rathmore a couple of years ago. It has always been a very results driven school in my experiences.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on June 05, 2020, 10:27:18 PM
Rathmore, Knock Aquinas & St.Malachys turned down A's this year and they had their admission number increased.

Wasn't aware of that. I had a boy who was in the top 5% that didn't get his place in Rathmore a couple of years ago. It has always been a very results driven school in my experiences.

Very much so, in fact they've been known to do interviews with pupils and their teachers!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

angermanagement

Rathmore supposedly turned away 180 A's last year.

ONeill

It's just a lottery there though isn't it? When they've filled the first few in the criteria, the As are just a lottery number. Doesn't matter what type of A it is.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JimStynes

Quote from: ONeill on June 06, 2020, 06:11:16 PM

It's just a lottery there though isn't it? When they've filled the first few in the criteria, the As are just a lottery number. Doesn't matter what type of A it is.

Not sure what way it works to be honest. I just know of a few As who didn't get in and I've never had a child with a B get accepted. So it'll be interesting as to what they decide to do with 2021's intake.

ONeill

I knew a young lad who got the top score in his primary school but was the only one not to get in. Some system.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: ONeill on June 06, 2020, 11:17:30 PM
I knew a young lad who got the top score in his primary school but was the only one not to get in. Some system.

Last name Brolly?

delgany

Quote from: ONeill on June 06, 2020, 11:17:30 PM

Was this for Rathmore ?

FermGael

Thornhill and St Columbs in Derry drop the 11 plus for one year.
St Columbs didn't fill all its places this year but Thornhill would be very over subscribed
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered