The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

So who's Biden going to put on his ticket as a running mate? I hope he picks Warren. She's basically a younger, smarter, and female Bernie with a better legislative track record.

J70

Klobuchar.

Harris, maybe.

Can't see Warren.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 09, 2020, 12:45:12 AM
So who's Biden going to put on his ticket as a running mate? I hope he picks Warren. She's basically a younger, smarter, and female Bernie with a better legislative track record.

there goes the whitey alarm bell

Hound

Why is Sanders keeping his delegates ?  Reports I read mentioned keeping influence, but I don't understand that if there's only one candidate left.

bennydorano

Is parachuting Coumo in all media chat & a non starter?

johnnycool

fuckin hell,
   Biden doesn't really come across as the sharpest tool in the box either.

'merica really is couped as you can see Trump getting another term even with his dementia and incoherent ramblings.

Hound

Quote from: johnnycool on April 09, 2020, 08:52:02 AM
fuckin hell,

'merica really is couped as you can see Trump getting another term even with his dementia and incoherent ramblings.
I think Biden's VP will be the most important VP in a long long time.
(if he wins the election of course, that's probably too close to call at the moment)

whitey

I think he'll pick a woman and I'd say the candidates in order of likelihood are

Warren
Harris
Klobuchar
Abrams

I have an intense dislike of Warren and Harris, I like Klobuchar and am indifferent to Abrams

In terms of qualifications, I think Warren is probably the most qualified, especially given what consumers will be dealing with coming out of the crisis

five points

fuckin hell,

Funny sort of dementia that is.

johnnycool

Quote from: five points on April 09, 2020, 11:53:37 AM
fuckin hell,

classic onset I'd say;

Common early symptoms of dementia
memory loss.
difficulty concentrating.
finding it hard to carry out familiar daily tasks, such as getting confused over the correct change when shopping.
struggling to follow a conversation or find the right word.
being confused about time and place.
mood changes.

J70

Quote from: bennydorano on April 09, 2020, 08:33:04 AM
Is parachuting Coumo in all media chat & a non starter?

Cuomo has enough on his plate in his current job.

And when this first wave is done, there are going to be the post-mortems about the initial response, where, good and all as he has been through this, Cuomo was slower to react than the likes of Newsome and DeWine, two men who are going to come out of this with a huge amount of credit.

Although Cuomo still compares very favourably to the Republicans in places like Wisconsin, Florida and Kansas.

five points

Quote from: johnnycool on April 09, 2020, 03:51:48 PM
fuckin hell,

classic onset I'd say;

memory loss.
finding it hard to carry out familiar daily tasks, such as getting confused over the correct change when shopping.
mood changes.

He comes across as very sharp at those White House press briefings. Not pleasant or nice but sharp nonetheless. Like when he asked the Hong Kong paper lady this week did she work for China. And she did.

johnnycool

Quote from: five points on April 09, 2020, 04:14:21 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on April 09, 2020, 03:51:48 PM
fuckin hell,

classic onset I'd say;

memory loss.
mood changes.

He comes across as very sharp at those White House press briefings. Not pleasant or nice but sharp nonetheless. Like when he asked the Hong Kong paper lady this week did she work for China. And she did.
sharp?

Sweet lord, your standards are low, but compared to Pence he's a rocket scientist.

five points

Quote from: johnnycool on April 09, 2020, 04:36:53 PM
Quote from: five points on April 09, 2020, 04:14:21 PM
sharp?

Sweet lord, your standards are low, but compared to Pence he's a rocket scientist.

Look at the exchange with the Hong Kong paper journo. He played her like a banjo.

Gmac

Joe Biden cannot from a Democrat point of view debate trump in a live televised event he can't put 2 sentences together without getting lost ,how the Democrats accomplish that will be another thing . I don't think trump has dementia but Biden has something even after events when he is being led to a vehicle to leave he really looks like he has no clue where he is or what's going on.