GAA Room 101

Started by BennyCake, February 19, 2015, 09:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Gonzalo15 on May 26, 2015, 12:44:13 AM
Women who turn up to one game a year shouting and roaring complete nonsense behind you in the stand/terrace.

and also joe brolly obviously..the ugly fecker

Women full stop. No wonder you can't get tickets these days ;)

omaghjoe

Quote from: sheamy on February 19, 2015, 11:33:54 PM
Boys saying "f**k" in every sentence all the time in front of kids. And worse, not knowing or caring. Very sad.

Here Here. Although I may have been guilty of this in the past myself  :(

But this would be a good place to tackle the sledging, clean up the language of players, and what comes out of their mouths generally will improve! It will also lead to a culture of better language and attitude throughout the GAA including in the stands! Making the GAA a more family friendly place in general, how many mother's out there dread their wee uns going to a match and comin back ffin and blinding?

BluestackBoy

1. Pat Spillane.
2. Sound system in Croke Park.
3. McKenna Cup.
4. Fellas confusing "blanket defences" with "negative football".
5. Players roaring into other player's faces.
6. Useless umpires.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

BennyCake

Sunshine supporters.

T Fearon

1 St Michaels Band (Enniskillen) time for someone else to get a chance
2.All wee girls singing the National Anthem before the match.
3The boring "nothing beats being there" mantra
4All Narhan Carter fundraising concerts.
5.The miserable hoors who charge a tenner for parking your car in Clones.I have never seen this practice in the 6 counties

Ard-Rí

1. A yellow card each regardless of what went on
2. "There will be at least two minutes of additional time at the end of the half"
3. The fans who only know "ARRA WILL YE LET IT IN" - almost all over 50.
4. The boys in the studio talking over the anthem.
5. Last year's Leinster Final.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Mikasa

Someone in the crowd shouting 'he's at that all day ref' despite the game only being 5 minutes in.

westbound

Quote from: Mikasa on June 11, 2015, 08:48:44 AM
Someone in the crowd shouting 'he's at that all day ref' despite the game only being 5 minutes in.

Ha Ha. I was told that one day by a ref when I was being sent off! I was on the receiving end of a kick (after a little provocation I must admit!). When I asked the ref what was he sending me off for he said "Ye are at it all day".
The game was on less than 10 mintutes!

I cant say I didn't deserve to be sent off, but I thought his reasoning was strange!

rosnarun

short arse players like Kevin McManamon being allowed to take as many steps as they want
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

red hander

Shit referees.
Mark Sidearse's excruciating one-liners.
Joe Brolly.
The rest of the Inbreds.

general_lee

Fellas that wear white socks instead of football socks when playing. Numpties  >:(

The Stallion

I concur with the yellow card for both players nonsense, totally unfair.

Tyrone folk's tendency to excuse or condone appalling behaviour from their teams.

Referees still allowing players to throw the ball away or stand in front of a free taker.

Players in the last minute taking a point when their team are three behind, have some balls and go for goal.

Soft frees awarded to keepers for minimal physical contact.

CD

From a playing point of view - the death of the corner forward.
From a refereeing point of view - ignoring over carrying the ball
From a social point of view - young lads drinking and drunk at games - the worst scourge of all and one the GAA needs to address
Training - Young lads who look like hulk hogan but don't know how to solo the ball (maybe that's why they over carry)
TV - the personal nature of punditry
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Ard-Rí on June 10, 2015, 11:29:33 PM
1. A yellow card each regardless of what went on
2. "There will be at least two minutes of additional time at the end of the half"
3. The fans who only know "ARRA WILL YE LET IT IN" - almost all over 50.
4. The boys in the studio talking over the anthem.
5. Last year's Leinster Final.
This. Though it's usually the commentators rather than the studio analysts. Morrissey is cat for it, and with minute's silences too as just there now in Salthill, managing to talk over the start of both, does it all the time. Recall seeing the video of the Meath-Dublin game in 91, Micko was saying his piece but stopped mid sentence when the anthem struck up, as it should be.

BennyCake

Two captains lifting a trophy. It ruins iconic images.