New Car Advice

Started by Dinny Breen, March 06, 2018, 11:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

myself and the just got a pair of ranges rovers . loads of room and much better than last years models, tax is a bit pricy though
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

GJL

I got my wife one of the new model VW Tiguan TDI. Great wee SUV. Plenty of room and great spec.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 06, 2018, 03:17:53 PM
Quote from: sensethetone on March 06, 2018, 03:06:01 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 06, 2018, 02:22:44 PM
I have the Toyota Rav 4 and I love it 2 years now and no problems at all plenty of room and a reasonable price!

Same here.
Been looking at a similar thing myself, SUV of some sort, lookinga t maybe a 2014/2015 or so.
driven the sportage,Qashqai,rav4 & hyundi ix35 . personally prefer the qashqai or the rave 4. the rav 4 would be my pick, but a good bit pricier for the top spec ones.

Anyone any experience of getting one of these brought over from england to the north?
seem a good bit cheaper over there.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Itchy

Have a look at kia Sorrento. Serious kit built in and a very nice machine

Harold Disgracey

Going to look at a Jeep Cherokee this evening, after being stranded in the house from last Wednesday night until this morning I'm getting a 4x4.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 06, 2018, 04:14:40 PM
Going to look at a Jeep Cherokee this evening, after being stranded in the house from last Wednesday night until this morning I'm getting a 4x4.

Don't touch with a barge pole.

Puckoon

The Cherokee (and most jeeps) get triaged for durability and repairs needed down the line.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: rosnarun on March 06, 2018, 03:40:03 PM
myself and the just got a pair of ranges rovers . loads of room and much better than last years models, tax is a bit pricy though
Plenty of money out west.

Itchy

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 06, 2018, 04:14:40 PM

You are going to by a 4x4 based on an event thst happens once every 10 years or so?

Harold Disgracey

3 times this year already! Are manual 4 wheel drives an option? She who must be obeyed just informed me she doesn't want an automatic.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 06, 2018, 06:59:52 PM
3 times this year already! Are manual 4 wheel drives an option? She who must be obeyed just informed me she doesn't want an automatic.
Yes but fewer around.

Itchy

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 06, 2018, 06:59:52 PM

Kia Sorrento and Mitsubishi outlander are reasonable and can be got in 4x4. There not for farmers but might be a decent compromise.

Harold Disgracey

I see you can get manual 4wd Nissan X Trails, anyone any experience of these?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 06, 2018, 09:56:17 PM
I see you can get manual 4wd Nissan X Trails, anyone any experience of these?
Fella in work has one. I've had a few spins in it and its a nice car with plenty of kit in it for the dough.

Itchy

Good place to compare vehicles is www.parkers.co.uk.