The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

honestly though, why would any lad who's on the county senior panel leave a Div 1 club to play Div 4 football?? and for what reason... as i said though its the Armagh rumour mill in full flight yet again!!!  :-\

full back

Quote from: Candyman on April 16, 2007, 03:26:43 PM
honestly though, why would any lad who's on the county senior panel leave a Div 1 club to play Div 4 football??
Was thinking that myself...
Unless he is going to go to your cross city rivals the year after that! :D

Candyman

as i say full back... only a rumour!!! i would take everything you hear about the harps these days with a pinch of salt!!!
anyway even if he wanted to go i wouldn't let him...  ;)

harps2002champs

Quote from: Passing_Interest on April 16, 2007, 02:43:49 PM
harps2002champs, benny

Hold on a wee minute lads.
I spent a few hours in the company of other club men last night.
Like it or not we are the subject of loads of conjecture at the minute around Peader and Nippy in particular.

disillusion of senior players with the current management setup.

i would love to hear what stories are being put about in regards to nippy and pedar?? send me a private message about this

disillusion of the senior players is pure nonsense!!!

bennydorano

Quote from: Passing_Interest on April 16, 2007, 02:43:49 PM
harps2002champs, benny

Hold on a wee minute lads.
I spent a few hours in the company of other club men last night.
Like it or not we are the subject of loads of conjecture at the minute around Peader and Nippy in particular.

Knowing I'm a Harpsman, they gave me a load of stick about our Club.
They cited a litany of examples of obstruction for transfers (Donnelly, McKinney, Jordan, Grimes), standing in the way of Mullabrack entering a B team in Mid competitions, disillusion of senior players with the current management setup.
As always I defended the Club as best I could but they seemed much more equipped with evidence - allbeit anecdotal - from committee meetings and mid board meetings and the likes.

Not wishing to stir these things any more than seems the case already, and being fully aware that I'll be accused of being from the "other end of town" or similar -
Is there anything the Club can tell us here to ease the discomfort a lot of us Harpsmen are feeling at the current spate of bad publicity ?
I would suggest you take your greivances to the committee instead of airing them on a public forum.

Quotestanding in the way of Mullabrack entering a B team in Mid competitions
I cant let this beauty slide by, WTF?! when did the Harps become responisble for the fortunes of any other club team ??? unbelievable ::)

Passing_Interest

Benny
QuoteI would suggest you take your greivances to the committee instead of airing them on a public forum.

What grievance ? I dont have a grievance. I have a feeling of discomfort at not being equipped with facts to defend our Club or otherwise !
You know Benny not everyone on here is in to cloak and dagger stuff - some of us are genuinely concerned at the rumours and for the Club.

QuoteI cant let this beauty slide by, WTF?! when did the Harps become responisble for the fortunes of any other club team ??? unbelievable ::)

Again Benny dont shoot the messenger. I too replied that the Harps were irrelevant to Mullabrack's ambitions - only to be told that our representatives opposed their plans in a vote at the Mid Board level. As I didnt know this one way or another I couldnt comment.

I take the point about the public forum bit. However, as I stated clearly in my post, my aim in coming on here was to try and glean some level of proper info on these subjects from the likes of yourself and other good Club men.
I make no apologies for that and in fact would still appreciate anything constructive.....but hey if that isnt possible, so be it.....Let them talk eh ?

Nothing but the same old story.........

Spiritof98

I'll go back if Marsdens back

Passing_Interest

Candyman

There's that much crap & rumours circulating about Na clairsigh at the moment its hard to distinguish between fact and fiction!!! IMHO there are too many Harpsmen gettin worked up here over nothing and falling into the trap of these WUM's....
Any clown with an ounce of wit knows the vast majority of this is bullshit!!
As Pat Molloy would say T.W.T... ;)

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Candyman on April 17, 2007, 03:00:16 PM
IMHO there are too many Harpsmen gettin worked up here over nothing and falling into the trap of these WUM's....

Wind up merchant (singular) maybe - more likely though someone with his own agenda who really should get over the events of last year and move on.

The message in your post above Candyman - I agree 100%. 

Passing_Interest

Here lads, Im obviously blissfully unaware of the bigger picture around all this stuff, so Ill bow out and leave it alone.

As confused as ever about it all, but f*** it the bottom line is.....Na Clairsigh Abu.

Rufus T Firefly

In the light of the decision to move the Armagh Ulster Championship fixture to the more restricted confines of Ballybofey, can I take this opportunity to remind several Harps supporters that membership is still due................if you take my meaning!   ;)

Candyman

rufus what about the gentlemen who paid membership months ago... will they be looked after??? ;)

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Candyman on April 19, 2007, 02:02:42 PM
rufus what about the gentlemen who paid membership months ago... will they be looked after??? ;)

As always Candyman - those who have paid membership by 28th February will have preference for Armagh Championship tickets over those who paid after this date. 

Candyman

Legends like myself need not worry then... (and Harpo of course)  ;D