The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Quote from: Lothos on April 20, 2009, 12:49:48 PM
What's the craic with Stumpy trying to get The Grange Feile team kicked out of the competition after they beat the Harps because one of the Grange players was a girl?

Is that not taking it a bit far?
He didn't although Harps would have been quite within our rights to do so, as Grange clearly broke the rules.

Lothos

Quote from: stew on April 20, 2009, 06:40:49 PM
What's the craic with Stumpy trying to get The Grange Feile team kicked out of the competition after they beat the Harps because one of the Grange players was a girl?

I hope your joking. I really hope you are joking.  :-[

He did.  I think the county board were notified but the Harps committee decided against going ahead with it as it was a bit over the top.

Quote from: bennydorano on April 20, 2009, 06:50:49 PM

He didn't although Harps would have been quite within our rights to do so, as Grange clearly broke the rules.

Benny would you have agreed with this?  Really??

nutsy--1

you shouldn't be complaining when a team beats you no matter what the reason is. But the mid board should be informed for because it is breaking the rules.

fcuksake

Harps beat ballyhegan by 13points today
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Diet Coke

Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

Rufus T Firefly

Very comprehensive win for the Seniors today. Some very good performances throughout the field, though Nippy Swift for me was the man of the match, playing a real captain's role and notching 1-04.

A report of the match can be found in the news section of our website at the following link;

http://www.armaghharps.com/index.php?page=news-offers 

BerfArmagh

Very good performance on sunday rufus (though Ballyhagen threw in the towel mid way through the second half) I would agree, Nippy was superb, & I think it shows the folly of the current county setup when hes not even in the panel. Young Morrison played well, likewise Charlie Vernon & young kelly up front. I like the way nudie has them playing, a lot of fluidity and support play, very effective and nice to watch...

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: BerfArmagh on April 27, 2009, 04:53:00 PM
Very good performance on sunday rufus (though Ballyhagen threw in the towel mid way through the second half) I would agree, Nippy was superb, & I think it shows the folly of the current county setup when hes not even in the panel. Young Morrison played well, likewise Charlie Vernon & young kelly up front. I like the way nudie has them playing, a lot of fluidity and support play, very effective and nice to watch...

Saw you further up the stand Berfa - you appeared to have your hands full until your mum stepped in!   :)

Good performance is right, although I would say Ballyhegan may find it tough going this year. The thing I like about yesterday was that there was some lovely football played - especially the first half into the wind - great movement and passing. You're right about Nippy - I think we could play both him and Peadar in the forwards in Clones on May 31st and the team would be as strong as that which will line out. The pity for us is that we are likely to lose players throughout the season for a variety of reasons - primarily county duty (Charlie and Holmesie) and younger lads heading ot the States for the Summer. I honestly feel we have a good enough first fifteen to compete at the top in Armagh - however we don't have great strength in depth, and if our better players are unavailable, then we will get found out unfortunately!

Rufus T Firefly

Our Senior fixture, away to Clann Eireann, has been moved to Monday night, 4th May, with a 7.00 pm throw in.

Please pass this on.

Rufus T Firefly

Great win for our Under 21s tonight in the Championship, beating the neighbours by a point in Ballycrummy.

More details of the game can be found on our website.

http://www.armaghharps.com/index.php?page=news-offers

stew

Great too read that report Rufus. Any and all wins against the Ogs are more than welcome and good to see that Bronco is still managing to keep the the dark side of town quiet as he did on numerous occasions as a player.  ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: stew on May 04, 2009, 06:59:02 PM
Great too read that report Rufus. Any and all wins against the Ogs are more than welcome and good to see that Bronco is still managing to keep the the dark side of town quiet as he did on numerous occasions as a player.  ;)

El correcto Young Stew!  8)

Your Uncle Stumps was asking about you tonight at the match!

As stated elsewhere on the Board, we had a hard fought victory tonight in Lurgan, winning by the minimum of margins in an absolute shocker of a match. Still, a win's a win!   :-\

A report of the game has been put up on our website;

http://www.armaghharps.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=64&cntnt01returnid=37

Finally, I'm sure I speak for all Harps members and supporters when I wish Charlie Vernon Junior a full and speedy recovery after his bad injury on Sunday. Get well soon Charlie! 

Diet Coke

As you say Rufus, a win's a win and good to see them grind out the result.

Best wishes to Charlie for a speedy recovery.

nutsy--1

Under 21 match tonight in Sarsfields at 7.

Diet Coke

Heard Charlie not likely to play again...too high a risk....serious damage done requiring more than a plate inserted.
Terrible news for the lad. Big blow to Harps and Armagh.