The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

I got an from uncle sean who said the night was a great success, given the time difference between London and Green Bay and the fact we were at a wedding I was hammered at the time I got his email and cant remember if he was actually there or not.

I want one of them books Rufus, i will have the da pick one up for me.

I am delighted it went so well, this is the only sort of thing that makes me homesick.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

bennydorano

There's a bus going from the Social Club to the Ulster Minor Championship on Sunday 7th December at a cost of £5.  Bus will leave the club at 10.30am sharp (game at 12noon in the Rossa pitch).

corn02

bennydorano

Scotstown.  Could be a big ask, aside from the fact we are young, we've picked up a couple of injuries to important players - and we haven't a big panel to choose from.

sammy

Quote from: bennydorano on November 24, 2008, 12:28:09 PM
Scotstown.  Could be a big ask, aside from the fact we are young, we've picked up a couple of injuries to important players - and we haven't a big panel to choose from.

Thats bad luck who are the injured players?

Rufus T Firefly

A gentle reminder if I may about tomorrow night's AGM - 7.30 PM in the Social Club.

Look forward to seeing you all there!   ;)

stew

I am the proud owner of a copy of Mr Mcginns book, it was signed by the author and had a nice wee inscription in it and i am dead chuffed with it.

Thanks to a certain OWC member who took the time to go down to the club to pick the copy up for me.  ;D

I always thought there was some good in some of those boys.  :P

Rufus, please tell your dad I deeply appreciate the copy and I am off work the next three days and I will have her read by friday night.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rufus T Firefly

Stew - as always, thanks very much for you continued support from across the pond! There are a few books in the States already and a couple in Oz. Hope you enjoy it and it brings home that bit closer! Thanks to your friend for coming down!

Book going well at the minute, and Dad is signing again this evening at the St Patrick's Primary open night - hopefully the book will contiue to sell up to and beyond Christmas.

Very interesting AGM held in the Club on Tuesday night - the following officers were returned;

Chairman - John McConville
Vice Chairman - John Rath
Secretary - Colm O'Hare
Vice Secretary - Tony Kelly
Treasurer - Conor Moore
Assistant Treasurer - Martin Gill
Registrar - Art McGinn
Youth Officer - James Clifford
PRO - Phil McGinn

Committee - Brendan Powell, Paul Gribben, Aidan O'Kane, Smackers McAnaney, Ebby Toal, Paula Powell, Simon Clarke, Declan Toal, Frankie McKenna, Patsy Nugent, Paul Rath, Brenda Gill, Sean Morrison, Pearse Dynes and Paul Hart.   

The GAA

Anything particularly interesting rufus?

same senior management in place?

Rufus T Firefly

The GAA

Rufus T Firefly

All the best to our Minors tomorrow at 12 noon in Belfast. Scotstown will be a tough proposition but hopefully we can do it!

corn02

bennydorano

Dont think we can have too many complaints, best team on the day won.  Best of luck to Scotstown, they'll be very hard to stop. 

This year's Co Minor Championship came a year earlier than many people expected so there's absolutely no reason why wont be back next year and go significantly further.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: bennydorano on December 07, 2008, 04:30:41 PM
Dont think we can have too many complaints, best team on the day won.  Best of luck to Scotstown, they'll be very hard to stop. 

This year's Co Minor Championship came a year earlier than many people expected so there's absolutely no reason why wont be back next year and go significantly further.

Agree with all of that Benny. Think the final score was 1-13 to 1-07, and whilst I thought the margin of victory flattered Scotstown somewhat, there is no doubt they were the better team. Harps will look back on some missed chances that could have left things a lot closer as they chased a three point game in the last ten minutes. Scotstown in contrast were able to make every chance count in the second half with some great point scoring. Scotstown had some very impressive footballers their midfield was strong although the performances of full back Kieran Hughes and full forward Aaron McCarey stood out.

For Harps, the lads will no doubt be disappointed in how the year ended, but looking back there is much to be proud of. The best for us yesterday - IMHO - were Jarlath Golicki, David Fields, Karol Loughran and Patrick McCoy!