Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oliverkelly

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 17, 2016, 07:09:47 AM
From reading that online independent article I have two questions.

1. Did the egos force Rochford to change his goalkeeper in this years All Ireland final replay.

2. The outside influence who are these people and why should they have any say?

To answer question one, it done the rounds the week after replay loss that those egos did change the goalkeeper for replay as he was a club mate

muppet

1. Did the egos force Rochford to change his goalkeeper in this years All Ireland final replay.

1. Complete nonsense. Clarke is a great keeper but his performance on the drawn game arguably cost us as much as Hennelly's did in the replay. As I've said before, I personally wouldn't have made the change, for an AIF replay, but I would have if it was earlier in the season.
2. A big boy told them. My guess this is a dig in the direction that the CB have been digging at for a while.

All that is happening is that this is the time of year when the Mayo CB annually deflect from this: http://www.mayonews.ie/sports/12321-mayo-gaa-action-plan-questions-are-answered

But it keeps likes of Syf warm in the winter.

Anyway, how many of ye have paid to read the 'Full Exclusive'?  ;D
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

Seems clear to me as an outsider that the Breaffy/Ballintubber axis of evil needs to be confronted.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on December 17, 2016, 11:32:55 AM

1. Complete nonsense. Clarke is a great keeper but his performance on the drawn game arguably cost us as much as Hennelly's did in the replay. As I've said before, I personally wouldn't have made the change, for an AIF replay, but I would have if it was earlier in the season.
2. A big boy told them. My guess this is a dig in the direction that the CB have been digging at for a while.

All that is happening is that this is the time of year when the Mayo CB annually deflect from this: http://www.mayonews.ie/sports/12321-mayo-gaa-action-plan-questions-are-answered

Going to Ballagh to pick up a copy now, hopefully Andy hasn't already burnt them.

muppet

Quote from: Syferus on December 17, 2016, 12:22:43 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 17, 2016, 11:32:55 AM

Going to Ballagh to pick up a copy now, hopefully Andy hasn't already burnt them.

I'll ask him to wait until you are picking one up.  :D
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

For all the people saying, "Why didn't they say all this a year ago?", would that have been preferable?
Seems to me they didn't want to disrupt the preparation for 2016.
This is the right time to say it, if you're going to say it at all.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on December 17, 2016, 01:22:14 PM
For all the people saying, "Why didn't they say all this a year ago?", would that have been preferable?

There was no proper preparation for 2015 because of the shambolic appointment process by the County Board.
The 'not saying it a year ago argument' because it would disrupt the preparation for 2016, is exactly the same as doing it now and disrupting 2017.

'Outside influences' seems to me to mean former management.

Losing the dressing room is usually rarely unanimous but almost always fatal for a management.

So the question regarding all of this is: Cui Bono?

MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

Quote from: muppet on December 17, 2016, 01:46:13 PM

There was no proper preparation for 2015 because of the shambolic appointment process by the County Board.
The 'not saying it a year ago argument' because it would disrupt the preparation for 2016, is exactly the same as doing it now and disrupting 2017.

Losing the dressing room is usually rarely unanimous but almost always fatal for a management.

So the question regarding all of this is: Qui Bono?

I disagree.
Rochford has a year under his belt and no one will even remember this by the time the NFL starts.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on December 17, 2016, 01:48:15 PM

I disagree.
Rochford has a year under his belt and no one will even remember this by the time the NFL starts.

If that were true, what would be the point then if no one remembers?

MWWSI 2017

Syferus

I disagree.

Well I'm writing down ideas for some abuse to roar based on the contents of the article, actually.

Jinxy

Quote from: muppet on December 17, 2016, 02:00:58 PM

I disagree.

If that were true, what would be the point then if no one remembers?

The point is, they are getting to give people their side of the story.
I think they're entitled to do that.
Opinions on social media and shows like Off The Ball etc. are heavily weighted towards the player perspective in general.

muppet

Neither side 'gave their side', until now.

I hope the players are bigger than the two lads and stay away from 'Indo Exclusives'.

The vast majority of Mayo supporters had great sympathy for the two lads, but probably supported the players. The article probably changes that, in favour of the players, as long as they keep their heads down.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on December 17, 2016, 02:17:17 PM

I hope the players are bigger than the two lads and stay away from 'Indo Exclusives'.

The vast majority of Mayo supporters had great sympathy for the two lads, but probably supported the players. The article probably changes that, in favour of the players, as long as they keep their heads down.

I would hope some Mayo supporters have more perspective than you on this one.

muppet

Quote from: Syferus on December 17, 2016, 02:22:38 PM

I'm sure many do, and we certainly have a lot more perspective than you.

Ger Gilroy ‏@gergilroy  2h2 hours ago
They heap abuse on the Horan regime, slag off the players and justify every single thing they ever did weeks after own goals cost Mayo Sam.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on December 17, 2016, 02:55:34 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 17, 2016, 02:22:38 PM

I'm sure many do, and we certainly have a lot more perspective than you.

Ger Gilroy ‏@gergilroy  2h2 hours ago
They heap abuse on the Horan regime, slag off the players and justify every single thing they ever did weeks after own goals cost Mayo Sam.

??

The dirty secret about all this is it was very obvious that Horan, consciously or unconsciously, militarised the Mayo panel against the county board. He was the enabler of the behaviour last Autumn. It would have been pointless if Holmes and Connelly pretended their predecessor was a saint because by God was he not.

And everyone knows own goals are the symptom of the malaise that has stopped Mayo winning the AI, not the cause. But that fact would have stopped Ger's rant in its tracks so he ignored it..