Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Shrewdness on October 11, 2015, 04:08:58 PM
If Stephen Rochford remains as Corofin manager, how would he combine it with managing Mayo, if he gets that job? Corofin could still be in the Club championship until next March. Surely the Mayo players, who demand such high standards of excellence from their management, wouldn't tolerate a situation where their new manager was double jobbing.. That's why i believe Horan will be '' The Chosen One.''
Bnejaysus, Shrewdy, you are a fast learner. ;D
'Twasn't too long ago you were rarin' up at me for tormenting your poor fellow shaggy sheepy mates about Ballagh and all that goes with it. Then you started grousing when a few of us Mayo professionals went over to your thread and tried to unmuddle your thinking. You were howling like a cat with its tails caught in the door and now you're parked permanently on yet another Mayo thread and wondering about who what or it may be the next Mayo manager.
Don't let it worry you, a stór, because it won't matter to ye even if we pick a buck on four legs, so it won't. Why don't you return home and keep an eye on McStay? When that hoor realises the mess he's in, he'll bolt for the nearest door like the cat I was telling you about.
You can just pull in your line and pack your rod away; no one's rising to any bait here today.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

INDIANA

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 11, 2015, 04:39:55 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on October 11, 2015, 04:13:43 PM
If Stephen Rochford remains as Corofin manager, how would he combine it with managing Mayo, if he gets that job? Corofin could still be in the Club championship until next March. Surely the Mayo players, who demand such high standards of excellence from their management, wouldn't tolerate a situation where their new manager was double jobbing.. That's why i believe Horan will be '' The Chosen One.''

Corofin will be out in a few weeks.
Who will beat them in Connacht? James Horan will likely return for Mayo and it's who the players will want.

I think Clanna Gael will beat them. Believe me back to back is difficult

Rossfan

Clan have to bate Pearses first and then the Mwr champions.
Are you Clan manager? ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Captain Obvious

Quote from: INDIANA on October 11, 2015, 04:47:18 PM

Who will beat them in Connacht? James Horan will likely return for Mayo and it's who the players will want.

It is hard to win back to back All Irelands, Crossmaglen the only side to have done it the last number of years however watching Corofin today it's going to take a top team to stop them from winning back to back provincial titles.

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on October 11, 2015, 04:47:18 PM

Paul Curran has been making a bit of a mess of things in Drum. Players not bought into his regime and they've lost three championship games already. Almost let a 14-man Brigids pip them the last day too. Would be utterly unbelievable if they beat Pearses, the Mayo champions in the Connacht semi and then likely Corofin in the Connacht final.

If had to bet on a Curran in the Ros final it would be Cake and Pearses tbh. Been knocking on the door for their first county title for a good few years now.

Shrewdness

Lar Naparka, i haven't got a clue what you're talking about, and can only think that you're confusing me with someone else. As for my post about Rochford being ''bait'',  you should stop being so paranoid. It can't be good for you.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Shrewdness on October 11, 2015, 07:24:03 PM
Lar Naparka, i haven't got a clue what you're talking about, and can only think that you're confusing me with someone else. As for my post about Rochford being ''bait'',  you should stop being so paranoid. It can't be good for you.
I guess there are some things that can't be explained; if they are not obvious from the start, there is no point in trying to explain them – it can't be done.
However, I'll do my best...

On the Rossie manager's thread. You posted the following:

As usual, i see the Mayo posters taking over a Roscommon related thread.

I found that pretty ironic since most of your regulars spend more time on Mayo threads than on their own. I've no problem with that where most of them are concerned. As I've said before, don't mind the banter, they are good craic and know their football- most of the time anyway.
However, ye have some of the biggest laitchekoes on this planet in yer midst and they can f**k up any thread on any subject.
Now, just this once I counted back 5 pages of your thread before you posted the above.
Irony isn't the word for it.
Mayo posters put up one third of the posts in those five pages, or as close as makes no difference.
BTW, that would be well above an average amount. In the pages I checked, there was no slagging or coat trailing or the likes.
Now if you pick a page or two at random on a Mayo thread , you'll find 50% or more of the posts are from Rossie posters and with some of them, you wouldn't be sure if the poster walks on two legs or four.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Rossfan

Just as well we don't take it too serious Lar ;D

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on October 12, 2015, 11:49:59 AM
Just as well we don't take it too serious Lar ;D

Exactly, it wouldn't do at all at all if you weren't around to have a row with.  ;D
Some lads take things waaaay too seriously. They can give it okay but not so hot at taking it, I'm afraid.

(BTW, who is the "we?" Are you speaking on behalf of the Roscommon nation or what?

Rossfan

Sarcasm doesn't come across in print Lar?
Anyway I see ye're CB will start the search for a new manager next Monday.
I take it ye won't be concentrating on th'oul FBD so.

larryin89

Shane I eat too much cake curran has applied for the position.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

That should be an interesting interview :D

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on October 14, 2015, 04:30:37 PM

Cake will be reporting back to Kev with intel.

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on October 14, 2015, 04:35:02 PM

Who yet hoping for in the draw tonight , an early trip to the Mecca of western football?

larryin89

Quote from: larryin89 on October 15, 2015, 02:01:13 PM
Quote from: Syferus on October 14, 2015, 04:35:02 PM

Who ye hoping for in the draw tonight , an early trip to the Mecca of western football?

I hear ye banned the ballycroy buck from the sheep forum, bad form.