The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 18, 2018, 09:29:21 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 18, 2018, 08:59:41 PM
Jesus the amount of halfwits online would amaze you with this geoblocking saga ... it's Croke Park's fault for selling the rights to Sky apparently!!

If you tried to explain it to them their heads might explode!!

Sky don't have the rights for champions league games but they get blocked too

Yes because BT hold the rights to show CL games in the UK... RTÉ even though available in the UK have to have these geoblocked as well as they are only allowed to show these games in Ireland.

The issue is that the geoblocking "department" went home before the Sunday Game so forgot to turn it back on again after the WC had finished.

screenexile

PS. A Firestick and an iptv subscription works every time at a fraction of the cost... head on over to the Non gAA section and there's plenty of explanations!

Itchy

Quote from: screenexile on June 18, 2018, 10:39:51 PM
PS. A Firestick and an iptv subscription works every time at a fraction of the cost... head on over to the Non gAA section and there's plenty of explanations!

Exactly and if anyone needs help just pm me

highorlow

Quotethat nonsense about Connacht team of the championship

Jesus didn't know they had that on. I can't wait for the Leinster team of the championship
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

RedHand88

Quote from: screenexile on June 18, 2018, 10:38:27 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 18, 2018, 09:29:21 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 18, 2018, 08:59:41 PM
Jesus the amount of halfwits online would amaze you with this geoblocking saga ... it's Croke Park's fault for selling the rights to Sky apparently!!

If you tried to explain it to them their heads might explode!!

Sky don't have the rights for champions league games but they get blocked too

Yes because BT hold the rights to show CL games in the UK... RTÉ even though available in the UK have to have these geoblocked as well as they are only allowed to show these games in Ireland.

The issue is that the geoblocking "department" went home before the Sunday Game so forgot to turn it back on again after the WC had finished.

Stop speaking sense. Its all a anti-nordie conspiracy by GAA/Sky/Murdoch.

From the Bunker

Quote from: highorlow on June 18, 2018, 10:52:12 PM
Quotethat nonsense about Connacht team of the championship

Jesus didn't know they had that on. I can't wait for the Leinster team of the championship

Yeah, that was gas! You could hear the sniggers off camera from Plámás! Has to be one the silliest lists ever!

Jinxy

Are SKY blaming RTE though?
That's how I interpret the statement, i.e. they weren't given the right list.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Minder

There is some shite spouted on this issue, i see Niall O'Donnaighle from SF is gonna raise this matter in the Seanad and this is "digital partition", this must be about the fifth time I have seen someone from SF talking about the issue and not having the first clue about it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Jayop

It is digital partition. There's absolutely no excuse for the live games and for the Sunday game not to be available in 32 counties on whatever platform you want. The Rte player being geoblocked is particularly galling

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Jayop on June 19, 2018, 01:07:58 PM
It is digital partition. There's absolutely no excuse for the live games and for the Sunday game not to be available in 32 counties on whatever platform you want. The Rte player being geoblocked is particularly galling
People in the 26 are/should be paying €160 for a tv licence.

armaghniac

The RTÉ player is not geoblocked from NI, except for certain soccer games and drama series. It is not geoblocked for GAA. if it doesn't work it because your ISP does not locate you in NI, which is not RTÉ's fault, it is the GAA who sold the GB rights to someone else. But people continually bollock RTÉ and never think of changing ISP, which is their own responsibility.
What has "Niall O'Donnaighle from SF" done to ensure that IP numbers are properly geocoded in NI?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jayop

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 19, 2018, 01:41:00 PM
People in the 26 are/should be paying €160 for a tv licence.

And they get BBC free which people in the 6 are paying £147 a year for.

Your point is?

Jayop

Quote from: armaghniac on June 19, 2018, 02:34:59 PM

The RTÉ player is not geoblocked from NI, except for certain soccer games and drama series. It is not geoblocked for GAA. if it doesn't work it because your ISP does not locate you in NI, which is not RTÉ's fault, it is the GAA who sold the GB rights to someone else. But people continually bollock RTÉ and never think of changing ISP, which is their own responsibility.
What has "Niall O'Donnaighle from SF" done to ensure that IP numbers are properly geocoded in NI?

The Sunday game was geoblocked this weekend in NI, that's a fact Whether it was because of an ISP or not doesn't matter a damn to me. If RTE wanted they could put in a workaround very easily to stop that from being an issue. Allow people to register and enter their postcode for example.

armaghniac

Quote from: Jayop on June 19, 2018, 05:47:02 PM
And they get BBC free which people in the 6 are paying £147 a year for.

How come the BBC cannot show proportionally a similar number of games to RTÉ then?

Quote from: Jayop on June 19, 2018, 05:48:40 PM
The Sunday game was geoblocked this weekend in NI, that's a fact Whether it was because of an ISP or not doesn't matter a damn to me.

You are the person choosing the ISP.

QuoteIf RTE wanted they could put in a workaround very easily to stop that from being an issue. Allow people to register and enter their postcode for example.

People would register with false postcodes from every part of the world, in that case.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B