Gregory Campbell pronounces Go raibh Maith agat,as Curry my yoghurt?

Started by T Fearon, November 03, 2014, 06:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naka

Quote from: T Fearon on November 04, 2014, 11:54:35 PM
Is it not just a case of both DUP (this joke has Sammy Wilson written all over it ) and Sinn Fein with well feigned outrage playing to their respective galleries?
I think it was a set up
look at the budget they both agreed to implement yet all we are talking about is Gregory Campbell

me thinks a bit of spin being played

5 Sams

I thought Niall Ó Donnghaile played a blinder on the subject tonight on Nolan.
The Aristocrat Years

LeoMc

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 05, 2014, 11:51:57 PM
I thought Niall Ó Donnghaile played a blinder on the subject tonight on Nolan.
As did Winston. Against the backdrop of Gregory even Jamie could have came on and looked reasonable.

LeoMc

Quote from: NAG1 on November 05, 2014, 11:25:28 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 05, 2014, 12:24:41 AM
Quote from: ONeill on November 04, 2014, 11:09:19 PM
Is he:

a) Insane
b) A bitter twisted cnut
c) A brilliant wind-up artist
d) Honest

?

For the sake of argument lets say it was d) who would reciprocate ?

The fact that it was directed at CniC I'm actually surprised it didn't go over her head!

All she had to do at the time was make a reply along the lines of "Whilst I appreciate it was not your intention, I would like to acknowledge your efforts to learn at least a few words of the language your Fore-fathers spoke, even if it was only to mis-pronounce them in a childish attempt at humour."

Applesisapples

Saw a tweet there from Phil Flannigan commending Arlene Forster for rounding of a contribution to a committee with Sin é.

lawnseed

Hes at it again.. Curry my yogart..  Iwasnt exactly sure what he was on about..  im not an irish speaker  so curry my yogart doesnt ring any bells.. I have less trouble understanding ulster scots..
Is gregory offensive? Barely but that wouldnt stop me giving him a slap. Having said that given a choice between slapping him or the gimp kenny as he spouts irish i'd pound the head off gimp kenny every time now hes what I call offensive
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Sidney

Gregory Campbell is both a bitter, miserable coont and a funny b**tard.

RealSpiritof98

Go raibh maith agat (Thank you)

Its total disrespect, but tbh when i was telling the wife i could help but laugh, there's more important things going on at the minute.

Guess what Unionists are bitter cnuts - tell me what i didnt know before.

T Fearon

The thing is away from the audience all these guys are very reasonable! A few years ago I was at a council function hosting visitors from Ballina (with the which Craigavon is twinned) and the DUP mayor ended his welcome speech with a few sentences as gaelige, which he'd obviously gone out of his way to prepare.

Another DUP member extended a scheduled visit to Ballina by three days,so impressed he was with the place

T Fearon

Also I see from Twitter that the most Senior members of the Ulster GAA council were at the DUP conference dinner

gallsman

Quote from: T Fearon on November 23, 2014, 08:56:19 PM
The thing is away from the audience all these guys are very reasonable! A few years ago I was at a council function hosting visitors from Ballina (with the which Craigavon is twinned) and the DUP mayor ended his welcome speech with a few sentences as gaelige, which he'd obviously gone out of his way to prepare.

Another DUP member extended a scheduled visit to Ballina by three days,so impressed he was with the place

Ballina in Mayo?! I'd struggle to believe that.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: T Fearon on November 23, 2014, 08:58:00 PM
Also I see from Twitter that the most Senior members of the Ulster GAA council were at the DUP conference dinner
You wouldn't expect them to have any shame.

Ethan Tremblay

Just think its clowns like this who helps make decisions for everyone else in the country!

Both sides ruling in Stormont need to:

• Stop being bitter c***ts
  • quit the snide digs at each other
  • lower the price of a pint of harp

I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

T Fearon

Gallsman I can vouch for that.100% true as I'm involved on the periphery.A lot of what goes on in public is set up with feigned insult and injury given and taken.The real joke is that many (just as evidenced by this thread) take it seriously

gallsman

Quote from: T Fearon on November 23, 2014, 09:13:37 PM
Gallsman I can vouch for that.100% true as I'm involved on the periphery.A lot of what goes on in public is set up with feigned insult and injury given and taken.The real joke is that many (just as evidenced by this thread) take it seriously

I was referring to the suggestion that anyone, DUP or otherwise, was impressed with Ballina