Connacht Club SFC,IFC and JFC 2014

Started by Collie Brolly, September 30, 2014, 12:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: orangeman on November 23, 2014, 04:23:31 PM
Has anybody given Corofin a game ?
I think they are waiting for st Brigids to play them in the Syf challenge, broadcast on sky extreme sports
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Maroon Manc

It was a very comfortable victory for Corofin, I was expecting a closer game. Corofin stronger all over the pitch.

moysider

Ballintubber and Mayo senior clubs in general have plenty to think about after that.
Huge gulf.

How much is down to Rochford as manager? He was passed over for Mayo minor job a couple of years ago.

INDIANA

Quote from: moysider on November 23, 2014, 06:52:22 PM

Ballintubber and Mayo senior clubs in general have plenty to think about after that.
Huge gulf.

How much is down to Rochford as manager? He was passed over for Mayo minor job a couple of years ago.

mayo are producing a lot of the same type of players. Galway is a mystery to me they should be doing way better at county level.

Way better. Natural footballers everyhwere

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: INDIANA on November 23, 2014, 06:58:00 PM

Huge gulf.

mayo are producing a lot of the same type of players. Galway is a mystery to me they should be doing way better at county level.

some lovely foot passing by Corofin - good foot passing will unlock most defences
compared that to the skillset of the International rules team on Saturday

moysider

Huge gulf.

Corofin seemed to batter all around them in Galway as well this year.

Today they looked much faster and athletic and you d have to wonder why that would be so. Ballintubber had issues v Brigids and this would have been noted. They had no answer to the higher tempo and intensity Corofin brought today.

GalwayBayBoy

Huge gulf.

Hard to tell. Corofin have been dominant in Galway for years. I think the main difference with them now is that they have much better forward options than they had in the past with lads like Ian Burke and Michael Lundy emerging. They were always very solid but could be a bit blunt up front against the better sides. Not anymore.

moysider

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 23, 2014, 07:26:06 PM

Huge gulf.

Hard to tell. Corofin have been dominant in Galway for years. I think the main difference with them now is that they have much better forward options than they had in the past with lads like Ian Burke and Michael Lundy emerging. They were always very solid but could be a bit blunt up front against the better sides. Not anymore.

Apart from the better forward options they look seriously organised and very athletic and fit. Ballintubber looked stuck to the ground in comparison. Even Gary Sice, who I ve been looking at for more than 10 years, looked better than I remember.
Ballintubber strength was good passing to their dangerous forwards inside in space. Defensively however they struggle and as a team turn over a lot of ball if they are pressed. Corofin played with a pace that Ballintubber struggled with. Apart from Diarmuid O Connor they lack urgency carrying ball and that was crucial today because Dillon and O Connor were starved of space and couldn t influence the game with their passing - like they did when Knockmore was destroyed eg.

Syferus

Huge gulf.

That Corofin team are much more about pace and power than you're admitting and always have been. Playing to stereotypes there, Indy.

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on November 23, 2014, 07:58:24 PM

Huge gulf.

That Corofin team are much more about pace and power than you're admitting and always have been. Playing to stereotypes there, Indy.

Well they comprehensively beat a team your best couldn't beat.

Chimley

Huge gulf.

I wouldn't try to rationalise too much Syf. There's an agenda there.

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on November 23, 2014, 08:01:25 PM

Huge gulf.

Well they comprehensively beat a team your best couldn't beat.

Is this the same Corofin that Castlebar Mitchels beat in Tuam last year?

Quit your spoofing.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Who was managing Corofin last year?

Were not Corofin favourites to win the AI months ago? Somebody knew something. What has brought about this huge leap in form? I m not buying it s down to a couple of forwards. Corofin were always solid, dogged and dependable but this is different.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: moysider on November 23, 2014, 08:44:31 PM

Who was managing Corofin last year?

Were not Corofin favourites to win the AI months ago? Somebody knew something. What has brought about this huge leap in form? I m not buying it s down to a couple of forwards. Corofin were always solid, dogged and dependable but this is different.

For years Corofin only had one decent scoring forward, Alan O'Donovan, and even he wasn't really an intercounty standard player. They probably have 3 or 4 better forwards than him now. That makes a big difference. Defensively they are not all that different. Ronan Steede has come on leaps and bounds for them in midfield alright. Not sure they are doing anything drastically different to before. Just have more scoring potential.

maigheo

I am pretty sure Stephen Rochford was the manager last year.He did go for the mayo minor job a few years ago.He had a power point presentation for his interview and was well prepared but did not get the job as I suspect the job was already given out before the interviews.He was told the reason he did not get the job was that he would not be familiar with under age players thro out the county even tho he was doing extensive coaching at the time and was highly regarded as a top class coach.Jeez it would make you weep sometimes with the sh-t that goes on in the county board.