TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Linkbox

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 18, 2014, 02:09:59 PM
both

Finished Boardwalk Empire recently. Excellent viewing although the final season was a bit rushed as they had to trim the episode count.

Harold Disgracey

Anyone watch Toast of London? Am enjoying the second series so far, very silly and very funny.

nrico2006

Quote from: Linkbox on November 19, 2014, 09:55:17 PM
both

Finished Boardwalk Empire recently. Excellent viewing although the final season was a bit rushed as they had to trim the episode count.

Very disappointed with the final season.  Very rushed and Nucky didn't put up a fight.

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

blewuporstuffed

Just started watching Deadwood, only 3 or 4 episodes in, but it seems decent
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

gallsman

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 20, 2014, 08:32:22 AM
Just started watching Deadwood, only 3 or 4 episodes in, but it seems decent

Brilliant show. Right up there with the Wire and Sopranos for me.

Swigen! Swigen! Cocksucka!

gallsman

The latest season of South Park is up there with the best they've ever done. Fantastic stuff.

Santino

What channel showing new season of South Park? Or can u get it online?

gallsman

Comedy Central (I think) has it but I've been just watching it through Showbox.

charlieTully

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 20, 2014, 08:27:00 AM
Quote from: Linkbox on November 19, 2014, 09:55:17 PM
both

Very disappointed with the final season.  Very rushed and Nucky didn't put up a fight.

fcuk sake, im only on season two, you could have put a spoiler alert.

thewobbler

Not sure about that Charlie. Series 2 of Boardwalk finished up 3 years ago. You surely can't expect a 3+ year ban on spoilers, can you?

For what it's worth, my opinion of Boardwalk is that series 1 was good, 2 was average, 3 was astoundingly good, and 4 was one of the dullest, most disappointing series of all time - so much so that I'm really not bothered if I ever catch S5.

charlieTully

Quote from: thewobbler on November 23, 2014, 06:28:50 PM
Not sure about that Charlie. Series 2 of Boardwalk finished up 3 years ago. You surely can't expect a 3+ year ban on spoilers, can you?

For what it's worth, my opinion of Boardwalk is that series 1 was good, 2 was average, 3 was astoundingly good, and 4 was one of the dullest, most disappointing series of all time - so much so that I'm really not bothered if I ever catch S5.

I'm very slow with these things.  Hard to get the time.  Concentrating mostly on the west wing at the min and sure it's years old too. Up to date on the walking dead and game of thrones. 

Main Street

I come here for ideas on what to watch while I'm waiting for the next Spiral series.

Has anyone watched Braquo?
http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2012/jun/14/your-next-box-set-braquo

Norf Tyrone

Anyone watching this season of Homeland?
I think it's absolutely superb, and by far the best series yet. Episode 8 was as good as I've seen, but I've just seen Episode 9 and I thought it was even better!

Edge of the seat stuff!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

screenexile

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 24, 2014, 03:03:17 PM
Anyone watching this season of Homeland?
I think it's absolutely superb, and by far the best series yet. Episode 8 was as good as I've seen, but I've just seen Episode 9 and I thought it was even better!

Edge of the seat stuff!

Looking forward to watching it after work here. This series has been excellent as you've said. The Brody thing had run it's course and it was better to move away from it.

What do we reckon about the Fall? Yes it has been a bit slow but I think that has increased the anxiety of it and I've enjoyed it so far. Spoke to a mate at the weekend who has stopped watching it because it was too slow for him.