Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Meanwhile, the adventures continue for United's centre half's...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53900934

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on August 25, 2020, 02:32:29 PM
Meanwhile, the adventures continue for United's centre half's...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53900934

I won't believe it, as it hasn't been put up by a Pool fan first, fake news..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Maguire handed a prison sentence of 21 months and 10 days. But this will be suspended because it is a first offence and charges were misdemeanours according to Sky.

Man United statement

Maguire statement
'Following the hearing today, I have instructed my legal team with immediate effect to inform the courts we will be appealing. I remain strong and confident regarding our innocence in this matter - if anything myself, family and friends are the victims.'

thewobbler

Why are Man Red continually being linked with forwards and wingers when they need midfielders and defenders?

Is it agent talk or is solskjaer going to go all Ossie Ardiles on it this season?

Hound

So Harry's a victim of undercover police officers recognising him and deciding to do him up like a kipper. So he'll follow the appeal process to the end to clear his name.

Or:

His PR advice is to immediately get statements out expressing his innocence, while being quietly relieved to get away with no time. So many papers have "I'm a victim" more prominent than him being found guilty and leaving the public with doubt about the merit of the case. And in due course they'll let the appeal drop and come up with "sensible" reasons for doing so

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hound on August 26, 2020, 08:09:14 AM
So Harry's a victim of undercover police officers recognising him and deciding to do him up like a kipper. So he'll follow the appeal process to the end to clear his name.

Or:

His PR advice is to immediately get statements out expressing his innocence, while being quietly relieved to get away with no time. So many papers have "I'm a victim" more prominent than him being found guilty and leaving the public with doubt about the merit of the case. And in due course they'll let the appeal drop and come up with "sensible" reasons for doing so

Now now that would be wild cynical! 

I know nothing about the Greek judicial system but in defence of Maguire that is one hell if a quick trial for such serious charges. Aggravated assault and bribing a government official?  That would normally take months to get to a hearing here ....complete opposite of justice delayed, justice denied.

NAG1

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 26, 2020, 08:36:45 AM
Quote from: Hound on August 26, 2020, 08:09:14 AM

Or:

Now now that would be wild cynical! 

I know nothing about the Greek judicial system but in defence of Maguire that is one hell if a quick trial for such serious charges. Aggravated assault and bribing a government official?  That would normally take months to get to a hearing here ....complete opposite of justice delayed, justice denied.

From what I have read, these are special courts to deal with tourists with time frame being important with flights home etc.
I would imagine they are dealing with similar type incidents on a very frequent basis.

Milltown Row2

Hes obviously guilty of something, how bad that is we'll never know really.. Captain of England being a twat (nothing new there), a lot of footballers are not blessed with intelligence..

Utd should fine the shit out of him! 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

He was a stupid, entitled bollix who thought he was above the law. He should have apologised, said I was stupid and shouldn't have done it, offered to pay a big donation to a local charity or a police benevolent fund and leave it at that. Job done, next.

Also, who goes to an island like Mykonos with their sister given that it's a pure shagging central....like that's weird as f**k!!!

Armamike

Maybe Maguire has been hard done by and if so hopefully the appeal will show that.  But, he was stupid to put himself in the position where he got himself into trouble.  Party islands, packed bars etc. a receipt for trouble for professional, high profile sports stars.  If I were his manager I'd be asking him what the hell he was doing there in the first place.  Will be interesting if Manu draw a Greek team in the CL!
That's just, like your opinion man.

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 26, 2020, 09:13:28 AM
Hes obviously guilty of something, how bad that is we'll never know really.. Captain of England being a twat (nothing new there), a lot of footballers are not blessed with intelligence..

Or he could be innocent. He isnt captain of England either.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 26, 2020, 01:48:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 26, 2020, 09:13:28 AM

Or he could be innocent. He isnt captain of England either.

Maybe Harold Shipman was innocent. He wasn't captain of England either.

Boycey

What a bizarre thing to say....

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on August 26, 2020, 07:24:28 PM
What a bizarre thing to say....

The point is that you can maybe maybe maybe whatever the f**k you want. He was found guilty. If you don't understand that, I can't help you.