Tyrone v Monaghan the battle for Ulster’s heart aisf 2018

Started by rrhf, August 05, 2018, 06:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

straightred

Quote from: Gold on August 12, 2018, 09:08:19 PM
Quote from: straightred on August 12, 2018, 09:01:07 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 12, 2018, 08:55:27 PM
There was never a stage I thought Monaghan would win.
We'll agree to differ as I thought they would when they went ahead. The atmosphere all around seemed to change too

Unfortunately Tyrone immediately got the goal. Stroke of luck that the deflection from the block landed at Sluddens feet

Small margins decided by the ref. A few of the frees were laughable, well they would be if it wasnt such high stakes and Monaghan might never be back.

Sickened by the diving. Plus say when McManus rolled his man in 2nd half and played the pass soccer style only to be blown back for a non push in the back...Mon went from a 3 on 1 goal chance to Tyrone scoring a point in 30 seconds

Ref awful yesterday too. He was awful in the Dublin Longford game too...giving everything to the Dubs and nothing for Longford....totally buckling to the hill

Seen Dublin 5 times at Croker this year. Cannot see Tyrone stopping them...dont think they have enough. Would love anyone to stop Dublin as would most of the country ...but not Tyrone. Their slabbering (Hampsey to McManus after misses) and diving etc have left the whole country to have no real love for them
Agree and while i want the dubs to win the AI I also see the need for better competition. Not from tyrone though. Impossible to like them with all the carry on that they bring with them. That it goes largely unpunished is the biggest problem.

Over the Bar

We'll agree to differ as I thought they would when they went ahead. The atmosphere all around seemed to change too

Unfortunately Tyrone immediately got the goal. Stroke of luck that the deflection from the block landed at Sluddens feet

Small margins decided by the ref. A few of the frees were laughable, well they would be if it wasnt such high stakes and Monaghan might never be back.

Sickened by the diving. Plus say when McManus rolled his man in 2nd half and played the pass soccer style only to be blown back for a non push in the back...Mon went from a 3 on 1 goal chance to Tyrone scoring a point in 30 seconds

Ref awful yesterday too. He was awful in the Dublin Longford game too...giving everything to the Dubs and nothing for Longford....totally buckling to the hill

Seen Dublin 5 times at Croker this year. Cannot see Tyrone stopping them...dont think they have enough. Would love anyone to stop Dublin as would most of the country ...but not Tyrone. Their slabbering (Hampsey to McManus after misses) and diving etc have left the whole country to have no real love for them

We love the way our winning makes you sick. Hope you choke on it for years to come....!!  ;D ;D

imtommygunn

Quote from: hardstation on August 12, 2018, 09:15:35 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 12, 2018, 09:13:09 PM

When they took the lead i thought they had a real chance. The rebound for that goal could have went anywhere. Had it went out then monaghan likely would have won.

Anyway doesn't matter now but in most cases if a team is unquestionably better they win by a lot more than one point...
In most cases.
Well i would diagree with you but each to their own. Also mcmanus should have had 2 more frees than he got. Hampsey kept putting his hands on him. Hughes dives yes but mcmanus I wouldn't say so. He knows how to put his body where he will end up with a free. That is completely different from diving.

BennyHarp

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 12, 2018, 09:24:08 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 12, 2018, 09:15:35 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 12, 2018, 09:13:09 PM

When they took the lead i thought they had a real chance. The rebound for that goal could have went anywhere. Had it went out then monaghan likely would have won.

Anyway doesn't matter now but in most cases if a team is unquestionably better they win by a lot more than one point...
In most cases.
Well i would diagree with you but each to their own. Also mcmanus should have had 2 more frees than he got. Hampsey kept putting his hands on him. Hughes dives yes but mcmanus I wouldn't say so. He knows how to put his body where he will end up with a free. That is completely different from diving.

Oh ffs.
That was never a square ball!!

imtommygunn

trueblue1234

Quote from: straightred on August 12, 2018, 09:19:45 PM

Agree and while i want the dubs to win the AI I also see the need for better competition. Not from tyrone though. Impossible to like them with all the carry on that they bring with them. That it goes largely unpunished is the biggest problem.
The fact that you mention Hampsey but then fail to mention the exact same thing done to Petey Harte shows that it was more a case of Who's doing it rather than the action itself that's caused annoyance.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Over the Bar

Glad to see another bitter sickened!  Hope you were puking at the result!   ;D ;D

straightred

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 12, 2018, 09:38:49 PM

Glad to see another bitter sickened!  Hope you were puking at the result!   ;D ;D

naw - this night 2 weeks i'll be laughing

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

trueblue1234

Quote from: hardstation on August 12, 2018, 09:55:45 PM
Quote from: straightred on August 12, 2018, 09:52:02 PM

The Pope?
😄

straightred

Quote from: hardstation on August 12, 2018, 09:55:45 PM

The Pope?
thought it was a fortnight - either way doesn't matter

Rois

Whilst I'm looking forward to it, I'm not expecting that much humour from Francis's sermon...

nrico2006

Was it McShane who hit that disaster of a shot at the end? Couldn't believe it. Beggan subsequently bettered him though thankfully.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

trueblue1234

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 12, 2018, 10:06:16 PM
Was it McShane who hit that disaster of a shot at the end? Couldn't believe it. Beggan subsequently bettered him though thankfully.

No McShane was off at that stage. Didn't have a great day today. Be lucky to hold down his spot I think.

Jinxy

Don't think I've ever seen so many point attempts land inside the field of play before.
If you were any use you'd be playing.