Donegal v Tyrone, Sunday Aug 5, Ballybofey

Started by Ball Hopper, July 21, 2018, 11:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 02, 2018, 04:54:49 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 02, 2018, 04:34:48 PM
Mattie Donnelly out?

Source?

Edit: just seen this Brian McGuigan's Twitter. Strange to see him break the story (can't see it anywhere else). On the surface it appears to be a big loss but we've serious cover for him in that area. Kieran McGeary to fill his boots on Sunday?

You may replace him but it's a shame he's missing as he is a player I enjoy watching

inthrough

Quote from: ONeill on August 02, 2018, 11:23:22 PM
The only thing is that apart from 1992 when it was a bad year...they've won fcuk all really without McGuinness.
Always good to see a man with a sense of humour....

sam03/05

Great to see Michael Cassidy make the squad. One of the most talented players in the county.
Could play any position from corner back to corner forward. A superb two footed player.
Should be a starting every week ( but Harte takes too long to introduce talent / see Frank Burns (two years on bench and a standout at sigerson and u21 at the time/ Lee Brennan / Mark Bradley)
Cassidy has done a job on McHugh before at u21 level I'd love to see him get on.

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on August 03, 2018, 07:52:21 AM
I know he practises shouting after training. That's how dedicated he is. A boy in Antrim town said he heard him one night the whole way across the Lough from Ardboe.

Maybe that's why they went for Garvaghey as the site for the training complex. At least he's only disturbing sheep and wind turbines up above Ballygawley. Wouldn't do if he was near civilised places like Lough muck or Aughabrack

nrico2006

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 02, 2018, 05:32:19 PM
Norf, don't be worrying about what people think of Cathal.
I noticed it last year too that loads of fans are just wanting him to fail so they can say they're first impression on him was right

He has 12 point this year all from play and has improved hugely on last year. He was unlucky with that ball through to him as he had to slow down for it to come into his hands and Mannion did very well to make such a clean tackle.

Cathal seems to believe in himself which is the main thing and I don't think its by chance he's started every game this year.

McShane doing well this year, but from what I saw (didn't see a replay) it looked like he made a complete balls of that chance.  Maybe you are right though, because he is fast enough yet seemed to slow down before being dispossessed.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tyroneman

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 03, 2018, 02:13:17 PM
I noticed it last year too that loads of fans are just wanting him to fail so they can say they're first impression on him was right

He has 12 point this year all from play and has improved hugely on last year. He was unlucky with that ball through to him as he had to slow down for it to come into his hands and Mannion did very well to make such a clean tackle.

Cathal seems to believe in himself which is the main thing and I don't think its by chance he's started every game this year.

McShane doing well this year, but from what I saw (didn't see a replay) it looked like he made a complete balls of that chance.  Maybe you are right though, because he is fast enough yet seemed to slow down before being dispossessed.

He made a balls of it from what I could see., although let the first man who has never made a balls of a goal chance step forward .......

He has been playing very well in fits and starts, certainly much better than last year and deserves his place at the minute.

He certainly didn't make a balls of that point v Meath.

nrico2006

You would swear Donegal were the only team with injuries. Lee Brennan was top scorer in the league and his continued absence is a big loss for Tyrone.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rois

Quote from: tyroneman on August 03, 2018, 03:27:21 PM

He made a balls of it from what I could see., although let the first man who has never made a balls of a goal chance step forward .......

He has been playing very well in fits and starts, certainly much better than last year and deserves his place at the minute.

He was on the deck being treated for a dodgy ankle two mins before that chance - may have still been feeling the effects.

omaghjoe

ON the other hand Lacey hair transplant is looking well now, looked awful when he got them done first.

nrico2006

Quote from: Rois on August 03, 2018, 05:05:09 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on August 03, 2018, 03:27:21 PM

He was on the deck being treated for a dodgy ankle two mins before that chance - may have still been feeling the effects.

Didn't realise that. You from Strabane or Glenmornan?

Jayop

Any and all podcasts/radio shows I listened to have Donegal picked to win this with the exception of yer man Conan on the GAA hour who called a draw.

Huge weight being put on the Ballybofey factor for all of them. It's kinda interesting how that's given so much importance despite our last game there being a few years ago but our wins over Donegal in 2015/16 are disregarded because this is a different Donegal team/manager. The previous wins Donegal had over us were 3 managers back so I don't really see the big issue.

I'd have Tyrone to win by 3.

omagh_gael

Agree Jayop, most media men going for a Donegal win. Only neutral Ive read so far far that's going for Tyrone is Tomas O'Se.

lenny

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 03, 2018, 04:55:11 PM
You would swear Donegal were the only team with injuries. Lee Brennan was top scorer in the league and his continued absence is a big loss for Tyrone.

Mcbrearty has been one of the best forwards in ireland for several seasons now. Harte hasn't rated brennan at all until finally giving him an opportunity this year. There is no guarantee he would be a starter if he was fit given harte's obvious misgivings about him. Gallagher is a huge loss also, he was heading for an all star, such was his form this season. With those 2 massive losses for donegal it makes this a 50/50 game. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a low scoring draw.

Jayop

Quote from: lenny on August 03, 2018, 09:06:01 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 03, 2018, 04:55:11 PM

Mcbrearty has been one of the best forwards in ireland for several seasons now. Harte hasn't rated brennan at all until finally giving him an opportunity this year. There is no guarantee he would be a starter if he was fit given harte's obvious misgivings about him. Gallagher is a huge loss also, he was heading for an all star, such was his form this season. With those 2 massive losses for donegal it makes this a 50/50 game. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a low scoring draw.

Brennan was the No1 forward on the team sheet and was even risked against Monaghan when clearly not fully fit so I think we can presume he would have continued to be that player. As for Harte not giving him more time in years gone by, he's still a very young and very small player.  Just because they're not being thrown in at the deep end doesn't mean they didn't rate him or had misgivings about him. To say Harte hasn't rated him at all is pure speculative nonsense based on nothing but shite.

Whitnail

Yea but if you read any articles on rte or bbc all the pundits tip tyrone.......specically theyre running counter attacking