Donegal v Tyrone, Sunday Aug 5, Ballybofey

Started by Ball Hopper, July 21, 2018, 11:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 30, 2018, 05:13:20 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/45007830

There you are, she's a sell out. It'll be a case of having to land up in Ballybofey and take my chances.
I ended up with two spare stand tickets for Healy Park the other week and couldn't give them away.  A harsh lesson learned in getting tickets for people who are only half-interested...
So no doubt there will be others like me on Sunday. 

Jayop

Joe McQuillen on the whistle for this one.

Therealdonald

There is tickets available from the clubs?

omagh_gael

Just received this from the club...

Message from Tyrone County Board:
A Chara

I wish to advise that we are no longer accepting orders / requests for tickets for this game, on Sunday in Ballybofey.

At present, we are informed by Croke Park that all tickets for the game are sold out, and that no further tickets will be coming available.

The orders / requests that have been received from Clubs, as of now, are more than twice the number of tickets that have been allocated to Tyrone. Consequently, major reductions will be made to the orders / requests that have been submitted, at close of business this evening.

As per our initial email on the tickets for this game we will be allocating four stand tickets to each Club.

I would strongly recommend that you advise your members that you will not be in a position to meet their requests, either in full, or at all.

Because of this issue, it is unlikely that tickets will be available for collection on Wednesday, as previously notified. A new collection time and date will be notified as early as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.

Le gach dea-ghuí

Damhnaic Mac Eochaidh

Rúnaí
Coiste Chontae Thír Eoghain

Looks like there'll be some disappointed fans.

RedHand88

That's mad. Only 4 stand tickets per club? How many does the stand hold? There'll be some rows in clubhouses this week.

trileacman

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 30, 2018, 10:23:21 PM
That's mad. Only 4 stand tickets per club? How many does the stand hold? There'll be some rows in clubhouses this week.

I very much doubt Tyrone are only getting 150 odd tickets.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

omagh_gael

2000+ season ticket holders plus any corporate tickets would leave that stand well full. What's its capacity? Pretty small set up from memory. There were only a handful of seating tickets for each club v Dublin too.

Saw this on boards.ie, there's a conspiracy in the air...

Ref in 2011 Ulster Semi Final - Joe
Ref in 2013 Ulster Championship Quarter Final - Joe
Ref in 2015 Ulster Championship Quarter Final - Joe

All Donegal wins over Throne.

Dublin Donegal Joe

redhandefender

LeoMc

Better sold out / packed out provincial grounds with people scrambling or tickets than the games being played in a half empty croke park.

redhandefender

I think its a bit stupid for a game like this in a tiny ground that all other counties in ulster can avail of some tickets as well. You'll have people from Fermanagh and cavan etc there

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: LeoMc on July 31, 2018, 08:06:03 AM
Better sold out / packed out provincial grounds with people scrambling or tickets than the games being played in a half empty croke park.
I agree.
Hopefully the super 8s will lead to a bit of money spent around the county developing provincial and county grounds rather than pouring it all towards dublin
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

trueblue1234

The problem here is general sale tickets going out before all club requests are met. Clubs low down on priorities again. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

inthrough

Quote from: redhandefender on July 30, 2018, 11:51:31 PM
Ballybofey is a kip of a ground
Unlike the majestic theatre that is Healy Park ;D ;D ;D

From the Bunker

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 31, 2018, 09:41:14 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on July 31, 2018, 08:06:03 AM
I agree.
Hopefully the super 8s will lead to a bit of money spent around the county developing provincial and county grounds rather than pouring it all towards dublin

Oh the innocence!  ;D

omagh_gael

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 31, 2018, 10:30:22 AM
The problem here is general sale tickets going out before all club requests are met. Clubs low down on priorities again.

Fully agree. That's a total joke.