Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGONE

WHO WAS MARKING JACK McCAFFREY YESTERDAY?

chieftain

Disappointing end result!!To witness that Dublin team in the flesh you see how brilliant they really are, was worth the entry fee alone.After 17 minutes I really thought we had them on the ropes, just a pity we seemed to panic thereafter. All the posters slating of individual players on this board etc, catch yourselves on. Id say if any of use done a week of what them players dedicate to our county yous wouldn't be half as quick to criticise. They done our county proud yesterday.

Bring in the club championships now!!

trailer

Cathal McShane had an absolute nightmare.

Thebigdog

Quote from: TopOfTheRight13 on September 03, 2018, 09:05:01 AM
Did anyone really watch the game and still calls for colm cavanagh to be the best sweeper in Ireland...or are use gonna finally wake up.. he won neither hop ups at start of each half he spent the full game like last year crawling around on his hands and knees trying to put in tackles crawling around like bamby on ice he kicked the two kick passes he had in game over side line his hand passing was weak.. yes he won a penalty because he is awkward big unit but rest of performance was shocking worst player on field. Ye measure a man by his performances against the best. Not by what he done against Meath and or Monaghan. Forward line shot selection was awful first ten minutes..no cohesion in forward line men trying to do it themselves. And then finally... Morgan again, don't think micky o neill would have done much better because they are both eccentric but again we will never know because big Mick never gets a chance.
Just aswell Kieran Donaghy didn't stay in Beragh cos apparently we don't like be like 'big awkward units' in Tyrone. Wow just wow

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: trailer on September 03, 2018, 11:03:00 AM

Cathal didn't have his best day in a Tyrone shirt, I think he would acknowledge this, he had a new role in Midfield which he probably struggled with.  Lets not forget though it was Cathal's point against Meath that allowed for this run against Meath.  Hes a young lad and hopefully can continue to learn from experiences like yesterday and realise the levels he needs to meet to compete with the best players in Ireland.

Our decision making and pot shots cost us and our failure to pressure the cluxton kickouts with any regularity.  Too often we conceded the Dublin Kickout and allowed them to build.  Niall Morgan for the first 20 minutes was flawless, it has been mentioned that he is a confidence player, one mistake and he seemed to fold, we needed to slow the game down at that stage and get an arm round him.

Lots of positives to take into next year - Here's hoping
Living the dream!!!

Christmas Lights

Did he?  He kicked 2 points from play and got on a mountain of ball.  Didn't always do the right thing granted and some silly mistakes and shot selections yes indeed but I wouldn't say he had a nightmare game.  He was involved I would say, did some good things, did some not so good things.  Full of endeavour.  Game yesterday will have brought him on massively & think we will see him in MF a lot more in the coming years.

Any decent sizeable forwards out there we could utilise ala, Kieran Donaghy?  Still a place for it last 10-15 minutes of a chasing game.  A Niall McKenna or Aidan Cassidy are the only 2 that spring to mind but both no longer on the panel.  Most of the forwards we have now are runners but we still need an outlet.  Ritchie Donnelly hasnt really done it this past few games, from seeing him I would still have Niall MCkenna or Aidan Cassidy ahead of him but he has the youth on his side.

Im not sure there is anyone else in the county?  Football is such a runners game but a long Armaghesq diagonal still works a treat.       

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 03, 2018, 12:38:58 PM

Did he?  He kicked 2 points from play and got on a mountain of ball.  Didn't always do the right thing granted and some silly mistakes and shot selections yes indeed but I wouldn't say he had a nightmare game.  He was involved I would say, did some good things, did some not so good things.  Full of endeavour.  Game yesterday will have brought him on massively & think we will see him in MF a lot more in the coming years.

Any decent sizeable forwards out there we could utilise ala, Kieran Donaghy?  Still a place for it last 10-15 minutes of a chasing game.  A Niall McKenna or Aidan Cassidy are the only 2 that spring to mind but both no longer on the panel.  Most of the forwards we have now are runners but we still need an outlet.  Ritchie Donnelly hasnt really done it this past few games, from seeing him I would still have Niall MCkenna or Aidan Cassidy ahead of him but he has the youth on his side.

Im not sure there is anyone else in the county?  Football is such a runners game but a long Armaghesq diagonal still works a treat.     

Agree with Christmas' assessment on Cathal. Bar one or two bad wides, I thought he did rightly. He was involved in Tyrone's first 6 scores. The pass for Bradley, his own score, won a rare kick out from Cluxton that saw a score and won the free for McAliskey's score. I genuinely thought he led the Tyrone charge in the first 18 minutes or so. and off the top of my head ended up Tyrone's top scorer from play! 

I would suggest he got more possession of the ball than his marker James McCarthy as well.

Appreciate that I have the rose tints on. Was he man of the match? No. Could he have done better? Yes. However to assess his game as a nightmare is over the top.

I'm not one for slagging off amateur players, especially in that tone, but he give it a better lash than some our experienced players.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Trap

I know its not going to happen but I think a change of management could improve Tyrone. It would bring a freshness to the squad and county and give players a chance to impress a new manager. New ideas, new thinking, maybe find a couple of players that the present management haven't seen, trusted etc.
Tyrone did well to make the final yesterday and played reasonably well so this is not a go at Mickey Harte before the usual suspects have a go.
I just feel if we keep doing the same thing we will keep getting the same results. Lets try someone different, something different.
Fair play to all involved for the commitment they give when many counties seem to have given up. Tyrone have kept going and are one of only 4/5 teams who seem to believe they can stop Dublin. I think its going to have to be a case of Dublin coming back to the pack than the pack catching up though!

Carmen Stateside

Have to agree about McShane. Thought he had a decent game.  Picked up a lot of ball and was direct when on the ball. The few times he coughed up possession was i thought more to do with no support.  His attempt with the outside of the boot ,when it was easier with the inside of his right boot, was a big moment as Dublin went down field scored and from morgans kick out everything went to shit!

Rois

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 03, 2018, 01:07:17 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 03, 2018, 12:38:58 PM

Agree with Christmas' assessment on Cathal. Bar one or two bad wides, I thought he did rightly. He was involved in Tyrone's first 6 scores. The pass for Bradley, his own score, won a rare kick out from Cluxton that saw a score and won the free for McAliskey's score. I genuinely thought he led the Tyrone charge in the first 18 minutes or so. and off the top of my head ended up Tyrone's top scorer from play! 

I would suggest he got more possession of the ball than his marker James McCarthy as well.

Appreciate that I have the rose tints on. Was he man of the match? No. Could he have done better? Yes. However to assess his game as a nightmare is over the top.

I'm not one for slagging off amateur players, especially in that tone, but he give it a better lash than some our experienced players.
Similar glasses on here but there was an awful lot of good mixed in with a bit of bad. He had two points, a few good interceptions and a couple of sublime passes inside.

TopOfTheRight13

Why would you compare donaghy to cavanagh..donaghy scored goals and points for fun. Cavanagh cant run without tripping over himself maybe that's why he was told to sit in the full back line.. donaghy is stylish..he can play basketball and be star of show. If cavanagh played basketball he would need knee pads elbow pads and goggle protection..

So the solution to our problem is... put colly cavanagh full forward.

Under Lights

Quote from: TopOfTheRight13 on September 03, 2018, 01:27:16 PM
Why would you compare donaghy to cavanagh..donaghy scored goals and points for fun. Cavanagh cant run without tripping over himself maybe that's why he was told to sit in the full back line.. donaghy is stylish..he can play basketball and be star of show. If cavanagh played basketball he would need knee pads elbow pads and goggle protection..

Colm did play basketball

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/colm-cavanagh-139284

trailer

McShane kicked some very bad wides. Like horrendous. Can't remember him winning any battle in MF and can distinctly remember McCarthy out-fielding him a number of times. Perhaps at junior level you can get away with it, but at this level afraid not.
Anyway I'm sure he tried his very best. Needs to work harder on some aspects of his game though.

Thebigdog

Quote from: TopOfTheRight13 on September 03, 2018, 01:27:16 PM

yeah your right Colm is so shit he shouldn't even be on the Moy team. Wow just wow.

OffTheDeck

Colm struggled to get into the game surely but I would put that down to the sweeper role that Mickey has him play (which Dublin seem to be able to cancel out anytime we play them anyway) McShane for me was poor but did show plenty of promise and good play up until the Dublin goal, however he and a few others (Meyer, McGeary, Harte) got caught carrying balls into tackles and coughed up possession trying to do too much on their own I felt. I think it was STG who said on here that Mattie Donnelly is not captain material which after much deliberation, I have to agree with. Too many times on the big day he doesn't do the business. Can't see him taking the game by the scruff of the neck and leading his team forward. Niall sludden was also nowhere to be seen, not slating him as a player but I have to wonder is there somewhere else we can play him to make him have more of an impact? Plenty of promise shown yesterday but we need to build on it. Also that Dublin team had more of their players in their own half on more occasions than we did and don't see them getting slated too often.