Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

Quote from: charlieTully on November 01, 2009, 11:55:22 AM
Quote from: mournerambler on November 01, 2009, 01:00:17 AM
Quote from: charlieTully on October 31, 2009, 07:58:26 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on October 26, 2009, 04:36:41 PM
With the League season near enough over, how's about posters selecting the best 15 players in their club's Division who impressed them over the year.

My Division 3 XV

1. Bernie Connell (Drumgath)

2. Marc Cunningham (Dundrum)
3. Stephen Deegans (Ardglass)
4. Adam King (Saul)

5. Kevin McKiverghan (Tullylish)
6. Gareth Johnston (Tullylish)
7. Mark Connolly (Drumgath)

8. Michael Magee (Ardglass)
9. Colm Murtagh (Glenn)

10. Niall McParland (Glenn)
11. Peter Quinn (Tullylish)
12. Mattie Bagnall (Glenn)

13. Shannon Drainey (Tullylish)
14. Paul McComiskey (Dundrum)
15. Gerard McAnulty (St Johns)

colm murtagh did not do too much today on jack lynch did he? as for mattie bagnal steven parsons made him look ordinary today. you need to rethink your 15 mate.

I'd suggest you go back to your much loved glasgow celtic thread & post your daft comments on there.
DF was posting an opinion on the best players over the course of a season in a division which he had a vested interest in & from his predictions in the past, he's usually not far off the mark.
While your good self probably went to your first game of the season on Saturday with your Drumgath blinkers on & then come on here to try & act the large fella by telling DF to rethink his 15 MATE, i'm taking a guess that the once mighty Celtic play today, hence your attendance at a GAA match yesterday!
As the saying goes, one swallow never made a summer & I look forward to Steven Parsons cancelling out the threat of Rory Kavanagh in Ballybofey Next June. ;)

Supporting celtic is now banned in county Down GAA circles, so it seems id disagreeing with regular posters. you have know idea who i am you clown. the mans pick is badly thought out and way off the mark. he has shannon drainey in his full forward line. shannon did not even start in a lot of tullylish games this year and played in half forward when he did. gareth johnstone plays midfield for tullylish. how can parsons not be on a 15 select from div 3? Barry Hynes at 38 will likely win drumgath player of the year, yet no mention.
Mourne Rambler coming on dishing abuse at me for no reason. you are out of order. Big man
hiding behind a peusodynm.

Right Mr Charlie 'fairweather' Tully. My selection was based on my opinion of those players who played well over the course of the year and not just one game.

Jack Lynch may have had the edge over Murtagh yesterday but Ive seen Murtagh three times this season and he has impressed me everytime.

Again, Parsons may have marked Bagnall well but over the year Bagnall has terrorised most defences while Parsons has been been poor on both occasions that I seen him play this year.

Also, Shannon Drainey has been positioned at corner forward and not half forward when I viewed him in action while Gareth Johnston is not exclusively a midfielder and is usually found at full back or centre half back.

6th sam

Quote from: DownFanatic on November 01, 2009, 09:46:12 PM
With the League season near enough over, how's about posters selecting the best 15 players in their club's Division who impressed them over the year.

My Division 3 XV

4. Adam King (Saul)

9. Colm Murtagh (Glenn)

colm murtagh did not do too much today on jack lynch did he? as for mattie bagnal steven parsons made him look ordinary today. you need to rethink your 15 mate.

I'd suggest you go back to your much loved glasgow celtic thread & post your daft comments on there.
DF was posting an opinion on the best players over the course of a season in a division which he had a vested interest in & from his predictions in the past, he's usually not far off the mark.
While your good self probably went to your first game of the season on Saturday with your Drumgath blinkers on & then come on here to try & act the large fella by telling DF to rethink his 15 MATE, i'm taking a guess that the once mighty Celtic play today, hence your attendance at a GAA match yesterday!
As the saying goes, one swallow never made a summer & I look forward to Steven Parsons cancelling out the threat of Rory Kavanagh in Ballybofey Next June. ;)

Supporting celtic is now banned in county Down GAA circles, so it seems id disagreeing with regular posters. you have know idea who i am you clown. the mans pick is badly thought out and way off the mark. he has shannon drainey in his full forward line. shannon did not even start in a lot of tullylish games this year and played in half forward when he did. gareth johnstone plays midfield for tullylish. how can parsons not be on a 15 select from div 3? Barry Hynes at 38 will likely win drumgath player of the year, yet no mention.
Mourne Rambler coming on dishing abuse at me for no reason. you are out of order. Big man

Right Mr Charlie 'fairweather' Tully. My selection was based on my opinion of those players who played well over the course of the year and not just one game.

Jack Lynch may have had the edge over Murtagh yesterday but Ive seen Murtagh three times this season and he has impressed me everytime.

Again, Parsons may have marked Bagnall well but over the year Bagnall has terrorised most defences while Parsons has been been poor on both occasions that I seen him play this year.

Also, Shannon Drainey has been positioned at corner forward and not half forward when I viewed him in action while Gareth Johnston is not exclusively a midfielder and is usually found at full back or centre half back.

Don't  take the bait,DF your 15 is a fair reflection.When I saw Drumgath,Connolly was oustanding at 11 for them,Jackie Lynch was also superb,and remains the most effective midfielder in Div 3.Downey was always a quality player CHF may suit him better as he tended to get isolated in FF,perhaps we will see more of him at county level.Regarding the others,Johnson and Mcanulty also impressed me.McComiskey looked a different class in any Dundrum games I saw.I think a prolonged off-season,and no Sigerson involvement will leave him fresh and hungry for 2010.
Your selection of King  is interesting.Saul's dip in form this  year apparently corresponded to King's absence.A tough honest player,well worth a trial at county level IMHO.

Mid Down Gael

My Division 3 XV

4. Adam King (Saul)

9. Colm Murtagh (Glenn)

Did Parsons have the unfortunite task off marking McComiskey when you seen him playn DF? If so i think he deserves some slack as P McComm is unmarkable in Down. I rate Parsons very highly. seen him about a dozen times this year and last and think he is most improved player in Down for one so young. He made very few St Mals teams while a student but to play number 3 in a div 3 promotion chasing team to the standard he has is no mean feat in past two years. He was def worth his place on Down minors.

sabhallphadraig

Guys, can you spread the word among your clubmates about the following.

With the 125 celebrations, Saul GAC along with East Down AC  are organising a 10K event and Fun Run on Sunday November 22nd starting at 1pm. With, hopefully, playoffs completed by then, then its a great opportunity for clubs and individual runners to keep up the fitness targets going into the winter break. As part of this, in line with the place of Athletics in the GAA, we're looking to invite entries from teams (athletic and non-athletic) to compete over the 10k with the 1st four finishers in each team counting for the overall placings so it would be a great way to wrap the year up with the clubs of Down (and possibly further afield) taking on each other (in club colours) over the gentle hills of Saul for local bragging rights :)  Could Kilcoo claim this title also? Can you lads from Mayobridge, Clonduff, Burren, Bryansford, Loughinisland come to St Pats country and take the trophy home? There's a promise that there'll be no playoffs needed to decide the winners :)

dundrumite

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on November 01, 2009, 11:14:10 PM

My Division 3 XV

4. Adam King (Saul)

9. Colm Murtagh (Glenn)

Did Parsons have the unfortunite task off marking McComiskey when you seen him playn DF? If so i think he deserves some slack as P McComm is unmarkable in Down. I rate Parsons very highly. seen him about a dozen times this year and last and think he is most improved player in Down for one so young. He made very few St Mals teams while a student but to play number 3 in a div 3 promotion chasing team to the standard he has is no mean feat in past two years. He was def worth his place on Down minors.

Yeah he marked him in Dundrum and had a torrid time as do most backs in Ulster never mind division 3 when Paul is on form. Shannon Drainey was awesome against us, particularly in Tullylish posting 5 or 6 from play. Johnson was CHB against us and have noted he has being lining out at number 3 for the St. Marys sigerson team. Can't really argue with that selection posted DF.
Charlie you mightn't want to get caught too far ahead of yourself, Tullylish have being the most consistent team in Division 3 this year and won't be a pushover.

charlieTully

Quote from: dundrumite on November 02, 2009, 11:54:51 AM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on November 01, 2009, 11:14:10 PM

My Division 3 XV

3. Stephen Deegans (Ardelia's)
4. Adam King (Saul)

5. Kevin McGovern (Tallish)

9. Colm Murtagh (Glenn)

Yeah he marked him in Dundrum and had a torrid time as do most backs in Ulster never mind division 3 when Paul is on form. Shannon Drainey was awesome against us, particularly in Tullylish posting 5 or 6 from play. Johnson was CHB against us and have noted he has being lining out at number 3 for the St. Marys sigerson team. Can't really argue with that selection posted DF.
Charlie you mightn't want to get caught too far ahead of yourself, Tullylish have being the most consistent team in Division 3 this year and won't be a pushover.

i am not getting ahead of myself but drumgath have been the better team on both occasions they have played tullylish this year. the main point i was trying to make was that stevie parsons should be in a select 15 from div 3 this year. btw you can f**k off with your fairweather shite.

dundrumite

Quote from: charlieTully on November 01, 2009, 12:27:22 PM
Quote from: mournerambler on November 01, 2009, 12:21:56 PM
Division 3 Team of the year 2009 ;)

1.B.Connell
2.N.Fitzpatrick
3.S.Parsons
4.N.Goodwin
5.D.Mooney
6.B.Hynds
7.M.Connolly
8.J.Lynch
9.C.Maginn
10.R.Hillen
11.P.O'Hare
12.S.Fitzpatrick
13.E.McConville
14.P.Downey
15.C.Grant

How's that for a selection then charlieTully?
much better. roll on div 2.

I would beg to differ that your not getting ever so slightly ahead of yourself.

charlieTully

Quote from: dundrumite on November 02, 2009, 01:01:08 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on November 01, 2009, 12:27:22 PM
Quote from: mournerambler on November 01, 2009, 12:21:56 PM
Division 3 Team of the year 2009 ;)

1.B.Connell
2.N.Fitzpatrick
3.S.Parsons
4.N.Goodwin
5.D.Mooney
6.B.Hynds
7.M.Connolly
8.J.Lynch
9.C.Maginn
10.R.Hillen
11.P.O'Hare
12.S.Fitzpatrick
13.E.McConville
14.P.Downey
15.C.Grant

How's that for a selection then charlieTully?
much better. roll on div 2.

I would beg to differ that your not getting ever so slightly ahead of yourself.
that was a bit of craic with mourne rambler. its all on the night i know and expext a very close game which i hope drumgath can edge. i have a lot of respect for tullylish and its a pity both teams are not going up.

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on November 01, 2009, 09:30:17 PM
Thurs 5th Nov 7 30 Pairc Esler
ACFL Div 1 Final
Bryansford v Mayobridge(C Reynolds)

Fri 6th Nov 7 00 Newcastle
ACFL Div 3 Final
Drumgath v Tullylish(E O Hare)
Newcastle 8 30
ACFL Div 1 Relegation Play Off
Liatroim v Saval(G Corrigan)

Sun 8th Nov 1 00 An Riocht
ACFL Div 2 Relegation Play Off
Glasdrumman v Shamrocks(G Tumelty)

Downpatrick 1 00
ACFL Div 3 Relegation Play Off
Teconnaught v St Pauls(M Curran)

I thought the Div1 final was on friday night!?!?!? :-[

dundrumite

Whilst on the topic of Drumgath, what ever happened to a young fella Downey? Mark I think his name is? Seen him play an u 16 final against us a couple of years ago, looked a class act. Aint heard of him playing at senior level.

charlieTully

Quote from: dundrumite on November 02, 2009, 01:46:44 PM
Whilst on the topic of Drumgath, what ever happened to a young fella Downey? Mark I think his name is? Seen him play an u 16 final against us a couple of years ago, looked a class act. Aint heard of him playing at senior level.

he threw the head up after an argument and quit. hot tempered lad, pity because he has a lot of potential.

off the laces

Quote from: interested on November 02, 2009, 11:06:45 PM
  Is that the end of the Div 3 chat?
Please!
Your free to talk about any other down leagues, or indeed anything else down football/hurling related, dont let us stop you ;D ;D.
Keeps 'er' straight

interested

Quote from: off the laces on November 03, 2009, 07:57:37 AM
Please!
Your free to talk about any other down leagues, or indeed anything else down football/hurling related, dont let us stop you ;D ;D.
Thank-you for your kindness.

dundrumite

Quote from: interested on November 03, 2009, 10:37:03 AM
Quote from: off the laces on November 03, 2009, 07:57:37 AM
Please!
Thank-you for your kindness.

If you have nothing more interesting to say than that interested (excuse the pun,) I may have to reignite the division 3 chat  ;D

Minus15

Any reports on the minor league semis from last night?