Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Hoops scored just three from play, and not once for over 30 mins during the 2nd half when playing with the breeze. So if they're holding the referee responsible for defeat, I suggest they look elsewhere.

Don't tell anyone no.1, but we're working on a tactic which means I'll be marking Clarke Jnr next week.

norabeag

Quote from: thewobbler on October 25, 2009, 09:44:20 PM
Hoops scored just three from play, and not once for over 30 mins during the 2nd half when playing with the breeze. So if they're holding the referee responsible for defeat, I suggest they look elsewhere.

Don't tell anyone no.1, but we're working on a tactic which means I'll be marking Clarke Jnr next week.
No doubt B Holland were better for last 20 mins when Hoops lost their way and the effect of 90 mins yesterday for a lot of the boys was evident but did not get one decision in second half. Gorm was spot on about the second yellow as even the Harps boys around me would testify. All you can expect is fair play and that did not happen and I genuinely wish you all the best in the final
Brannigan was disgrace but we've found that over the last couple of years   with him. We have not won a juvenile or senior game when he has taken charge.

thewobbler

I'm not sure about the double yellow Nora Beag. I heard a wee murmur from the crowd when James Patterson picked up a yellow halfway through the 2nd half, but nobody seemed too sure, and the lack of shouting/appeal/uproar from the Hoops' players, management and supporters would suggest it wasn't actually a 2nd yellow.

If you guys are now sure it was the case, I'll take your word for it though.

mournerambler

Quote from: norabeag on October 25, 2009, 10:04:26 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on October 25, 2009, 09:44:20 PM

No doubt B Holland were better for last 20 mins when Hoops lost their way and the effect of 90 mins yesterday for a lot of the boys was evident but did not get one decision in second half. Gorm was spot on about the second yellow as even the Harps boys around me would testify. All you can expect is fair play and that did not happen and I genuinely wish you all the best in the final
Brannigan was disgrace but we've found that over the last couple of years   with him. We have not won a juvenile or senior game when he has taken charge.

Your beginning to sound a wee bit like Towngael there noarbeag & I find it hard to believe the referee was the cause of you not winning all these games you refer to.

norabeag

Quote from: thewobbler on October 25, 2009, 10:18:39 PM
I'm not sure about the double yellow Nora Beag. I heard a wee murmur from the crowd when James Patterson picked up a yellow halfway through the 2nd half, but nobody seemed too sure, and the lack of shouting/appeal/uproar from the Hoops' players, management and supporters would suggest it wasn't actually a 2nd yellow.

If you guys are now sure it was the case, I'll take your word for it though.
My final word on it is good luck next week

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on October 25, 2009, 05:45:50 PM
Quote from: amallon on October 25, 2009, 10:38:54 AM
Did Kilcoo rest many players for the Ford game?

No, apart from Gerard McEvoy, Gary McEvoy and Aidan Brannigan we where at full strength. The ford deserved their victory with gubber kearney scoring two fantastic goals. Kilcoo should never of had to fulfill this fixture so close to next Sunday. Clearly Kilcoo players minds where on the St Eunans clash.

On what ruling is this then?

thewobbler

I'm with you on this one Spirit. If a week isn't enough recuperation time between games, then our sport is far too tough.

Long Ball

Does anyone know if the date for the Down-Donegal game has been announced yet or when it will be announced?
Drive yer boot in her!!

johnneycool

Quote from: county colours on October 23, 2009, 03:39:00 PM
Quote from: Colonel Cool on October 23, 2009, 02:46:28 PM
Brian Cody is signing his book in Ballycran tomorrow at 12.00 for anyone looking for a Christmas present.

I hope ther isn't a repeat of the leona lewis book-signing incident over on the Ards peninsula tomorow    ;D ;D

You'd be a brave man to throw a slap at Brian Cody as you'd be the one looking for help from security before he'd have finished with you.

Disappointed for the Crans yesterday and didn't make it up but from all accounts a few soft goals and a harsh referee didn't help their cause and that's from a club mate who'd be no lover of his neighbours.

From my own experiences Devlin seems to think he needs to protect the Antrim teams as the 'lesser' teams from Down and Derry are going to try and hammer them but more often than not it never transpires into that but his mind is made up.

theskull1

I'd question your team mates allegiance jc if thats the report he gave you.

Dunloy were the better team and deserved their win. Ballycran up front had a poor day and only for their fortunate goals (who says theres no advantage rule in hurling) it could have been a 10 point game
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

down6061689194

Huge result for Drumaness of Sunday. No mater how lucky the goals came te couldnt have bought a win in the last few weeks.

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on October 26, 2009, 09:35:13 AM
I'd question your team mates allegiance jc if thats the report he gave you.

Dunloy were the better team and deserved their win. Ballycran up front had a poor day and only for their fortunate goals (who says theres no advantage rule in hurling) it could have been a 10 point game

He also said that Dunloy were indeed the better team but Ballycran kinda shot themselves in the foot with the goals they conceeded and might have made a better fist of it if they hadn't of given those away.
It was always my thoughts that they'd need to be tight as a drum plus get a bit of luck to mount a challenge, they may have got a bit of luck with one of their goals but to give away soft goals meant that they'd struggle to close the gap.

Their half forward line is probably their weakest line but made hay against one of the worst half back lines Ballygalget have ever put out in a championship that I can recall and by all accounts struggled to move the ball on.

maldini

anyone got this weeks fixtures?

DownFanatic

With the League season near enough over, how's about posters selecting the best 15 players in their club's Division who impressed them over the year.

My Division 3 XV

1. Bernie Connell (Drumgath)

2. Marc Cunningham (Dundrum)
3. Stephen Deegans (Ardglass)
4. Adam King (Saul)

5. Kevin McKiverghan (Tullylish)
6. Gareth Johnston (Tullylish)
7. Mark Connolly (Drumgath)

8. Michael Magee (Ardglass)
9. Colm Murtagh (Glenn)

10. Niall McParland (Glenn)
11. Peter Quinn (Tullylish)
12. Mattie Bagnall (Glenn)

13. Shannon Drainey (Tullylish)
14. Paul McComiskey (Dundrum)
15. Gerard McAnulty (St Johns)

goldenyears

County Board trying to force the div2 league final thru for thursday night which is v unfair on Ballyholland having played yesterday.

Strikes me that they either want Kingdom promoted or the league finished up ASAP

Also Brendan McVeigh's wedding is on Friday, obv something to do with it too.....

What are your thoughts? fair or unfair given we played semi yesterday

>:(