McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: never kickt a ball on February 18, 2007, 02:36:19 PM
Tyrone set for Council showdown

Tyrone are set for another disciplinary showdown with the Ulster Council over their decision to play two students in Saturday's McKenna Cup final.
It comes just three weeks after Tyrone had points deducted for fielding four university players against derry in the group stage of the competition.
The Red Hands made late changes to their announced line-up to include Cathal McCarron and Damien McCaul.
They beat Donegal 2-9 to 0-5 in the final at Healy Park.
Ulster Council spokesman Martin McAvinney said they would be examining the referee's report before deciding what action to take.
"The report is the key. We will look at what is in it in relation to the regulations which we put in place for the Dr McKenna," he said.
"Everybody signed up to those regulations as such, although we are aware that there were problems with our regulations or things that needed to be changed in them."
McCaul and McCarron were not included in the team announced by Tyrone on Friday.
But they both started as Mickey Harte's men went on to win the cup for a fourth successive year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/6373463.stm

Harte's an awful p***k.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

never kickt a ball

Try again Pint. It appears that the first post on every new page disappears :'(

pintsofguinness

QuoteTyrone set for Council showdown

Tyrone are set for another disciplinary showdown with the Ulster Council over their decision to play two students in Saturday's McKenna Cup final.
It comes just three weeks after Tyrone had points deducted for fielding four university players against derry in the group stage of the competition.
The Red Hands made late changes to their announced line-up to include Cathal McCarron and Damien McCaul.
Ulster Council spokesman Martin McAvinney said they would be examining the referee's report before deciding what action to take.
"The report is the key. We will look at what is in it in relation to the regulations which we put in place for the Dr McKenna," he said.
"Everybody signed up to those regulations as such, although we are aware that there were problems with our regulations or things that needed to be changed in them."
McCaul and McCarron were not included in the team announced by Tyrone on Friday.
But they both started as Mickey Harte's men went on to win the cup for a fourth successive year.

I said, Harte's an awful p***k.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 18, 2007, 04:53:03 PM
QuoteTyrone set for Council showdown

I said, Harte's an awful p***k.

Naw I would have said he's more like a "thorn". Ask Joe Kernan  ;)

never kickt a ball

The whole game can now be viewed on TG4 Website. Click the link below

http://www.tg4.tv/

and then choose: SpĆ³rt - Cartlann

pintsofguinness

I'm not Joe's biggest fan but with Harte, the Omagh shutout and now all this with the McKenna cup, he's a p***k, pure and simple.

Over the Bar

QuoteI said, Harte's an awful p***k.

So you've been down the front of his trousers checking?? 

Over the Bar

QuoteI'm not Joe's biggest fan but with Harte, the Omagh shutout and now all this with the McKenna cup, he's a p***k, pure and simple

He's also the best manager in Ireland tho, so I think we'll put up with him for another while.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Over the Bar on February 18, 2007, 06:37:25 PM
QuoteI said, Harte's an awful p***k.

So you've been down the front of his trousers checking?? 
Nah I'll leave the ball licking to you lot.

Tyrones own

Would you ever get over yourself Pint, should you not be on the Cross Bandwagon By now anyway.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

pintsofguinness

Um, I'm from silverbridge, so I think the chances of me jumping on the "cross bandwagon" are somewhere between slim and none.

I note no one is fit to justify Harte's actions.

Over the Bar

QuoteI note no one is fit to justify Harte's actions.

If we thought you were talking anything other than sh*te we might have a go.

pintsofguinness

So you're perfectly happy for him to break the rules not once, but twice.
You're perfectly happy to have him take an internal disagreement to the media? i.e. omagh shutout.

Tyrones own

No one and nothing is perfect Pint, not even your Anti - Everything Tyrone Agenda.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

reddgnhand

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 18, 2007, 08:06:08 PM
So you're perfectly happy for him to break the rules not once, but twice.
You're perfectly happy to have him take an internal disagreement to the media? i.e. omagh shutout.

Harte did what he did in the interest of Tyrone football. I have no problems with that. Regarding taking an internal disagreement to the media i again have no problem with that either. The only one who seems annoyed by it is yourself pint.