McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Over the Bar on February 14, 2007, 09:59:47 AM
Feck that mckenna cup numbering system is annoying!  & with no programme sellers about it took a lot of time to work out who was who. 

The key to the McKenna Cup is to bring your last programme with you as the numbers don't change. As we expect now from the Ulster Council only the great, the good, the early and the lucky get a programme. Next year we should  list all the teams as per first programme then we can print them out and bring them with us. I wonder will the final have the same numbers for each team. (probably will have given the time factor and the delay in naming the teams)  If so could someone post the Donegal team sheet and I will post the Tyrone team when I get a chance. Then we can go to the match prepared.

Fuzzman

Whats times the final on at in Healy Park on Sat?

Say there will be a big crowd now.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 14, 2007, 11:13:36 AM
Whats times the final on at in Healy Park on Sat?
Say there will be a big crowd now.
Don't know for sure Fuzz but they started last week at 7.30pm.

Over the Bar

QuoteOtb, you dont know much about football son.  Hughes done more work last night than any other player on the pitch.  to put him in with Daisy is a great disservice and may I add michievous.

Can't say I noticed him showing much RRRF, but perhaps you were watching him more than I was.  I was trying to keep an eye on all the young fellas so maybe I overlooked his contribution and the numbering and lack of programme to refer to did not help.   When he was subbed I wasn't surprised tho.   Tommy McGuigan was another that had an off-night in my opinion but maybe you thing I'm being miischievous (wtf?)there as well!  ???

never kickt a ball

Tyrone tear Monaghan apart
14 February 2007

Former captain Brian Dooher raised the roof at Kingspan/Breffni Park as Tyrone cruised their way into the McKenna Cup final with a facile 2-16 to 0-8 win over a poor Monaghan side.
Showing 15 changes from the side that carved out a win over Fermanagh last weekend in the NFL, Tyrone had it all too easy as they booked a place in the final against Donegal.
Tyrone were on easy street with goals by man of the match Stephen O'Neill (9th) and Declan Treanor (14th) helping to ease them into a commanding 2-6 to 0-5 interval lead.
Earlier Tyrone almost bagged a third goal in the 19th minute but Tommy McGuigan and Treanor were thwarted in quick succession in a goalmouth scramble.
Frustration in the Monaghan team surfaced in the 41st minute when Eoin Duffy was dismissed for a second yellow card offence after a 'clothes line' tackle on Martin Penrose.
Monaghan needed goals to get them out of trouble but in their only chance, Cormac McGinley did fantastically well on the goal line to deflect Donal Morgan's point blank effort over the bar.
But the night belonged to Dooher whose two brilliant points were the highlight of a classy display by the O'Neill County outfit.
Tyrone were a full nine points ahead, 2-10 to 0-7, when the biggest roar of the night greeted the introduction of long-time absentee Brian Dooher for the outstanding O'Neill.

Tyrone - J Curran; P McGurk, C McGinley, C McCrory; P Quinn, P Marlow, M Penrose; G Cavlan 0-1, K Hughes; A McCarron 0-1, T McGuigan 0-2, D Treanor 1-0; P Rouse 0-3, S O'Neill 1-5, N Gormley. Subs - D McDermott for P Marlow, C Colhoun 0-1 for D Treanor, B Dooher 0-2 for S O'Neill, P Jordan for C McCrory, M Murphy for K Hughes.

Monaghan
- P McBennett; D Morgan 0-1, J Coyle, C Flanagan; JP Mone, J Hughes, S Fitzpatrick; P Finlay 0-3, V Corey; P Meegan 0-1, M Daly, E Duffy; R Woods, B McKenna 0-1, N Corrigan. Subs: S Gollogly 0-1 for M Daly, T Freeman 0-1 for R Woods, D Mone for P Meegan, D McArdle for B McKenna, C McManus for J Coyle.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Tyrone/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=72757

Mid Mon

QuoteMonaghan needed goals to get them out of trouble but in their only chance, Cormac McGinley did fantastically well on the goal line to deflect Donal Morgan's point blank effort over the bar.

Monaghan had 3 clear goal chances but failed to take any.

MrC

Quote from: never kickt a ball on February 14, 2007, 10:56:52 AM
If so could someone post the Donegal team sheet and I will post the Tyrone team when I get a chance. Then we can go to the match prepared.

I'll post the Donegal one sometime before the weekend. I'll be back at home on Friday morning so will stick it up then
'Sam's For The Hills' - Anthony Molloy, 20th September 1992

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: ONeill on February 13, 2007, 09:01:26 PM
Jaysus Orior, you should hear what we're listening to. Massive periods of silence

Know many Tyrone men who can wax-lyrical when their team's gettin ripped apart O' Neill?

Nudie Hughes is never short for a comment and even he struggled to put words on that performance!

thebandit

never kickt a ball

Quote from: thebandit on February 14, 2007, 12:39:01 PM
Did Banty make any comment after the game?
Irish news interview: He questioned the attitude of players who never looked like matching the Tyrone Hunger. "our attitude wasn't right and we got it horribly wrong"

never kickt a ball

Tyrone

1 Pascal
2 Dermot Carlin
3 Sean Cavanagh
4 Christy Colhoun
5 Colm Donnelly
6 Niall Gormley
7 Davy Harte
8 Kelvin Hugher
9 Kevin Hughes
10 Paul Marlow
11 Ryan Mellon
12 Michael murphy
13 Mugsy
14 Ciaran McCrory
15 Aiden McCarrom
16 Curran
17 Daisy McDermott
18 Michael McGee
19 Cormac McGinley
20 Enda McGinley
21 Tommy McGuigan
22 Paul McGurk
23 Ricey (Suspended. Could be C Gormley?)
24 Stephen O'Neill
25 Martin Penrose
26 Paul Quinn
27 Paul Rouse
28 Declan Trainor
29 Brendan Boggs
30 Cathal McCarron

31 Brian Dooher
32 Colm Cavanagh

This is how they have been lining out number wise. There might be changes to accomodate C Gormley, Dooher, Cavo and Jordan etc though they will usually be allocated high numbers and maybe the university 4 numbers which were usually 23/29/30/31. Cavlan was 29 last night.

Goats Do Shave

Any 'ineligible' players appear last night? Or were they 'rested'?

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on February 14, 2007, 01:26:35 PM
Any 'ineligible' players appear last night? Or were they 'rested'?

Most of them are playing Sigerson today Goats as were many of the Monaghan team. So suited everyone all round.

tyroneman

Think Donegal will be a big test - 11 finals since 92 and lost all 11...............never knew that one.

NFL game against them soon after and then the possibility of a Championship clash.

Know which one I'd soonest win.

Look a big strong side at the back and maybe have finally solved thier forward problems.

Big test will be mental vs Armagh. The win in the McKenna will count for nothing, especially as Donegals near championship side struggled to get past an our ma b squad

nrico2006

QuoteFormer captain Brian Dooher raised the roof at Kingspan/Breffni Park as Tyrone cruised their way into the McKenna Cup final with a facile 2-16 to 0-8 win over a poor Monaghan side

I thought Dooher was captain for this year again? 

www.rte.ie/sport/2006/1230/dooherb.html
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'